Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

sorry… I meant powered FOLDING mirrors.
Why would you need power folding mirrors? The mirrors are basically the same width as the flares.

I’m with 100% with you in wanting folder mirrors in general, but it seems like a very small “sacrifice” on the Raptor.

Great write-up and makes me more comfortable with my decision to forgo the Lux package as I continue to second guess choices while I wait for my 2022 to be delivered.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why would you need power folding mirrors? The mirrors are basically the same width as the flares.

I’m with 100% with you in wanting folder mirrors in general, but it seems like a very small “sacrifice” on the Raptor.

Great write-up and makes me more comfortable with my decision to forgo the Lux package as I continue to second guess choices while I wait for my 2022 to be delivered.
the folding mirrors are for when it’s parked next to another big vehicle.I’ve already noticed that the mirrors come super close to other mirrors when you open the door. Folding mirrors would help.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the folding mirrors are for when it’s parked next to another big vehicle.I’ve already noticed that the mirrors come super close to other mirrors when you open the door. Folding mirrors would help.
ummmmm

We're all on the same page though right? lol Since the mirrors are attached to the body and not the doors folding mirrors would mean they would hit the glass when you opened the door. Also when you open the door the mirror shouldn't get any closer to other vehicles being that it is stationary. ;)

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
mirrors could power fold forward

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree with @widnere12 on the leather seats; they are awesome. My favorite seats in any vehicle I've ever owned.

I don't understand the complaints from other people about rear visibility. Yes, there's a big tire hanging on the back, but you can still see just fine unless someone is right on your bumper.

The flares actually look good on a Shadow Black Raptor.

I think my only disagreement with the OP is about the stereo. My B&O system was excellent. No rattles, and the sound was very good. I actually got a lot of compliments on it.

front quarter psgr.jpg

aerial.jpg

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He cant operate the wireless charger, you really want an answer on this?

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I haven't had what I would call any noticeable wind noise other than standard convertibles are just louder than a true hard top. But since I've only had it for 2 days, I haven't even gotten it up to highway speeds yet... so that answer may change.
I just picked up my same build last week and noticed a slight wind noise. I saw a video where they used what appears to be paint tape to mask the noise.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
They are un-powered on the Raptor? My base and black diamond, most basic trim on both and mirrors are powered. Took me a while to find the control, but eventually did. By the window up and down buttons.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have not noticed any issue with the mirrors when parked. They are same width as Flairs and I worry more about someone hitting them, rather than the mirrors.
ummmmm

We're all on the same page though right? lol Since the mirrors are attached to the body and not the doors folding mirrors would mean they would hit the glass when you opened the door. Also when you open the door the mirror shouldn't get any closer to other vehicles being that it is stationary. ;)
Good point, if you fold mirrors in the Door glass with hit them.

What would be nice is when you put vehicle in revers, mirror glass tilts down so you can see parking lines. You reAlly want it centered in the parking spot.

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I've been posting my overly smart-ass and extremely dramatic posts on here for months as I have waited on my Raptor like so many others, and this past Monday, it finally arrived. (Some quick pictures below).

Before anyone gets prematurely angry that I received my Raptor already, just know that Like most of you, I was reserved within the first 24 hours, and I have been pushed to from a '21 Bronco, to a '22 Bronco, and then got pushed to a '23 Bronco and had to take a $5k price hike in the process.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• This thing is HUGE. If you haven't yet seen one in person, know that pictures and videos don't do this any Justice.
  • You may or may not like the factory running boards. The non-skid design is great, but tends to stick to longer pants/dresses as you step out.
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
  • Again on the flares.... just because they don't look bad in person, doesn't mean they aren't big. They Are!
  • Let's talk about the engine... I'm not disappointed but I'm not overly impressed either. I know all of the reasons that the 3.5 couldn't make it into the Raptor, but it will probably remain a wish of mine until they are able to make it happen.
  • Speaking of the transmission, its buttery smoooooth.
  • Keeping on the engine... The its awesome that the turbos stay spooled up at higher RPM's and speeds... that extra little bit of "Ready to go" is NICE!!!
  • The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
  • I opted for the leather seats and they are easily the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle.
  • Speaking of interior... I also opted for the Blue Onyx and was so afraid I was going to hate it, but the Blue is a dark blue with almost a hint of dark grey... ITS PERFECT!!!! Great Job Ford Design Team!!
  • Yes... per my previous post, the rumors are true. The 2023 model does come with Digital A/C Buttons. The only thing I seem to have gotten out of the $5k Price increase is these stupid little knobs. If anyone with a '22 wants to buy them for the $5k I paid... I am happy to consider that deal.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The Code Orange is a master of trickery.... I'm not sure how, but in pictures, it looks RED no matter what you do.... but in person, It's a beautiful shade of orange.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • Butt warmers are WAY warm.... my butt will not ever be cold again.
  • If you have a vent-mounted phone mount, get a new one... the vents turn left and right so easily that making simply following the road with a phone mounted on them makes it fling your phone left and right.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions aerial

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions aerial

Agree almost totally with you! Had my CO Raptor for a month, and love the flares! The color is amazing in person....i was very nervous as i am a grey and white car guy, so this was a huge change and i couldn't be happier. Agree the interior lights need some work, and i love the code orange seatbelts to brighten my black leather interior...

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Raptor Delivery Day 11~25~22

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not getting the subwoofer B&O complaint. I feel that it sounds great. I did adjust the settings and IMO it sounds pretty good.

No power side mirrors? The picture shows the control knob for them. Located next to the window switches.

I'm 2500 miles in. Besides the gas mileage, i have nothing negative to say and the mileage isn't really an issue for me either. Its a beast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So....... Only $5000 and I can get those A/C Heater display knobs from you eh??? :unsure:

Seriously tho.. Beautiful Rig. Congrats!

I guess I will just have to continue driving around in wonder of what those knobs would be showing me if I had them...... 😞
lol. The would be showing you an inaccurate digital representation of the temperature

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am not getting the subwoofer B&O complaint. I feel that it sounds great. I did adjust the settings and IMO it sounds pretty good.

No power side mirrors? The picture shows the control knob for them. Located next to the window switches.

I'm 2500 miles in. Besides the gas mileage, i have nothing negative to say and the mileage isn't really an issue for me either. Its a beast.
It’s not just the sub. It’s the whole system. It sounds better than my previous 12 year old, not upgraded system, but for an upgraded system that Ford made such a big deal of, it’s relatively trashy.
Sponsored