Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm just over 2000 miles and agree with most of your review.

It is very large in person.

I enjoy the non-skid running boards, really helps my kids when they are getting out.

Flares are a non-issue (except when getting in and out of garage, haha).

I have had a few rough shifts with the transmission, but it is very smooth overall.

As far as rear view visibility, I took the third brake light off, it helps a little bit.

I don't mind not having folding mirrors, I haven't had an issue with them being in the way, yet.

I do love those leather seats. I wanted the washout floor though, and the MGV is nice.

I love my non-digital knobs!!!

The wireless charger is terrible, I stopped using it.

My steering wheel gets warm enough for me, there is a way to change the temperature in forscan, but I have not attempted that yet. I did get rid of the double honk and the lights always reverting back to auto headlamps on startup. The forscan codes to get rid of the do do do noise and chimes when turning on the Raptor do not work. They must be different than the other Broncos. The code to turn off auto start/stop also doesn't work.

Seat warmers are also very warm on the MGV.

Also still waiting for my full screen carplay upgrade.

I was very underwhelmed by the B&O, but I didn't have the rattle that many others have. I upgraded all of my speakers. Much better.

I took all of the mudflaps off, I like the look much more.

I had a two stage paint correction and 5 year ceramic coating applied. Makes the code orange pop that much more.

Get the front windows and windshield tinted. I had to take mine all off because of a terrible tint job and I hate not having it. I did 20% fronts and 35% windshield. It matched pretty well with the rear windows.

I have done a few simple other mods. There is definitely wind noise over 50mph. Mainly on passenger side like someone else said. I have had the whole top and doors off. Zero leaks in a heavy rainstorm. I have gotten plenty of stares, but no one has come to talk to me about it. I live in a rich, snobby county in Kansas, so no one cares about a $75k vehicle.

At 2000 miles I average 275-300 miles per tank, which is about what I averaged on my GT350.

I love surprising people who try to overtake me though. Not today, Toretto.
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I picked mine up today and immediately put 700 miles on it. Iā€™ll add a couple of things that I donā€™t think have been mentioned yet.

The brakes are the first thing I noticed. They are noticeably better than our 2DR Big Bend.

While I donā€™t really mind the regular instrument cluster, the Raptorā€™s is a much improved design.

The Raptorā€™s pretty quick and the 3.0l engine has plenty of power. Hereā€™s a friendly suggestion for those wondering: donā€™t get into a straight-line open road drag with a TRX. Youā€™ll lose.šŸ˜„ Try it with a 392 Rubicon instead. Youā€™ll have better luck. (These arenā€™t scientific results, just my experience on the road today)

Our 2DR has King 2.5ā€™s and 37ā€ KM3ā€™s and I absolutely love them. The Fox 4.0ā€™s on the Raptor are a big step up (no big surprise there).

Adaptive Cruise Control is great in light traffic once you get a feel for the following distance.

Headlights are really good, but odd. Instead of a distinct change between auto high and low, they gently fade between the modes so that you almost donā€™t notice theyā€™ve changed. Itā€™s pretty cool, but took a minute to get used to it.

Blue seats and carbon fiber package look fantastic in person.

And finally - the flaresā€¦. They really do look much better in person, but Iā€™ll be in the changing them once a better looking alternative hits the market.

PS- My son asked me if it has a speed limiter at 100. I can confirm it doesnā€™tā€¦.
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions A749DDF3-5F17-42EB-8F5B-838F09ECF6B7

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I picked mine up today and immediately put 700 miles on it. Iā€™ll add a couple of things that I donā€™t think have been mentioned yet.

The brakes are the first thing I noticed. They are noticeably better than our 2DR Big Bend.

While I donā€™t really mind the regular instrument cluster, the Raptorā€™s is a much improved design.

The Raptorā€™s pretty quick and the 3.0l engine has plenty of power. Hereā€™s a friendly suggestion for those wondering: donā€™t get into a straight-line open road drag with a TRX. Youā€™ll lose.šŸ˜„ Try it with a 392 Rubicon instead. Youā€™ll have better luck. (These arenā€™t scientific results, just my experience on the road today)

Our 2DR has King 2.5ā€™s and 37ā€ KM3ā€™s and I absolutely love them. The Fox 4.0ā€™s on the Raptor are a big step up (no big surprise there).

Adaptive Cruise Control is great in light traffic once you get a feel for the following distance.

Headlights are really good, but odd. Instead of a distinct change between auto high and low, they gently fade between the modes so that you almost donā€™t notice theyā€™ve changed. Itā€™s pretty cool, but took a minute to get used to it.

And finally - the flaresā€¦. They really do look much better in person, but Iā€™ll be in the changing them once a better looking alternative hits the market.

PS- My son asked me if it has a speed limiter at 100. I can confirm it doesnā€™tā€¦.
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions A749DDF3-5F17-42EB-8F5B-838F09ECF6B7
Great add-on comments. I forgot completely about the auto hi/lo headlights. I do really like the effect thatā€™s used

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Speed limiting cuts in at around 112 IIRC. Itā€™s documented in the User Manual.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Speed limiting cuts in at around 112 IIRC. Itā€™s documented in the User Manual.
Most likely that is the speed rating of the tires. The manufacture can not sell a vehicle that goes faster than the tires are rated for.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm just over 2000 miles and agree with most of your review.

It is very large in person.

I enjoy the non-skid running boards, really helps my kids when they are getting out.

Flares are a non-issue (except when getting in and out of garage, haha).

I have had a few rough shifts with the transmission, but it is very smooth overall.

As far as rear view visibility, I took the third brake light off, it helps a little bit.

I don't mind not having folding mirrors, I haven't had an issue with them being in the way, yet.

I do love those leather seats. I wanted the washout floor though, and the MGV is nice.

I love my non-digital knobs!!!

The wireless charger is terrible, I stopped using it.

My steering wheel gets warm enough for me, there is a way to change the temperature in forscan, but I have not attempted that yet. I did get rid of the double honk and the lights always reverting back to auto headlamps on startup. The forscan codes to get rid of the do do do noise and chimes when turning on the Raptor do not work. They must be different than the other Broncos. The code to turn off auto start/stop also doesn't work.

Seat warmers are also very warm on the MGV.

Also still waiting for my full screen carplay upgrade.

I was very underwhelmed by the B&O, but I didn't have the rattle that many others have. I upgraded all of my speakers. Much better.

I took all of the mudflaps off, I like the look much more.

I had a two stage paint correction and 5 year ceramic coating applied. Makes the code orange pop that much more.

Get the front windows and windshield tinted. I had to take mine all off because of a terrible tint job and I hate not having it. I did 20% fronts and 35% windshield. It matched pretty well with the rear windows.

I have done a few simple other mods. There is definitely wind noise over 50mph. Mainly on passenger side like someone else said. I have had the whole top and doors off. Zero leaks in a heavy rainstorm. I have gotten plenty of stares, but no one has come to talk to me about it. I live in a rich, snobby county in Kansas, so no one cares about a $75k vehicle.

At 2000 miles I average 275-300 miles per tank, which is about what I averaged on my GT350.

I love surprising people who try to overtake me though. Not today, Toretto.
who did your paint correction/ceramic, and tint? midwest?

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

who did your paint correction/ceramic, and tint? midwest?
Watkins Detailing. Tint was done by a random dude that was recommended to me, Prime Time Wraps. Watkins also does tinting, but I am going to use All Out Tint and Wraps, the dude that works there is really good.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great add-on comments. I forgot completely about the auto hi/lo headlights. I do really like the effect thatā€™s used
I really like them as well. More than once, I thought to myself how bright the low beams were, only to find they had faded to high beamšŸ˜„

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are correct. Drove another 700 miles today and had a chance to open it up. This thing is a blast to drive!

Iā€™ll also add another observation - the blue seats are really, really comfortable. Iā€™ve driven it over 1400 miles in the last 30 hours and the old back isnā€™t sore, legs arenā€™t numb, and Iā€™m ready to hop back in it and drive 1400 more!

Haven't had a chance to look at the manual yet. Literally walked into the dealership, took a pic next to it for the sales rep, then headed back south to Texas. Hell, I havenā€™t even had a chance to stand back and just stare at it or find all of the hidden Easter eggs on it. Life got in the way immediately after I left the dealershipā€¦..

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks. Didnā€™t realize that. They are really good.
Are they really good? or do they just feel like they have more bite because the Raptor nose dives so much under heavy braking?

The standard Bronco brakes are pretty appalling (compared to average car/SUV) and the Raptor moving up to F150 brakes would appear to be an improvement. But the Raptor adds a lot of weight that Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s any improvement. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re as poor or worse at freeway speed braking.

However the videos Iā€™ve watched (still waiting for my 2022 to get delivered for actual impression) the Raptor nose dives under heavy braking due to the suspension set up. I imagine it feels like the brakes biting like mad, while the wheels just keep rolling down the road. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

All that said, I didnā€™t buy the Raptor for braking distance stats, 0-60 times or Nurburgring lap records but Iā€™m skeptical if theres any improvement at all over a standard bronco. Iā€™m going to try to leave a lot more distance between car in front.

But Iā€™m really glad youā€™re loving your new truck!!

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That color is so sick

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Raptor build got pushed back to early January. I still need to sit down with the dealership since they still want $15k over MSRP, after waiting 2 1/2 years to get my Bronco, and only sprung that after my order converted to a Raptor. Ford said to talk to the "owner" of the dealership then call Ford back if they still want to charge me the ADM on my 2020 reservation.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Bronco Raptors brakes are not all that good. The Bronco Raptor takes 160 feet to go from 60 mph to 0 mph. That is 40 feet longer than it took my 2017 F-150 Pick-up truck to stop.
Sponsored