First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB 2.7 Lux Non Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm getting close to making the call on an upgrade to my Non Sas OBX and hoping to crowdsource opinion on size and tire.
I have the opportunity to get some new Badlands takeoffs or Sasquatch takeoffs with 3k on them both at a palatable price. Or I could keep the stock OBX rims, which are fine. I'm primarily looking to get a better ride out of a new tire. I don't love the way the stocks corner. I don't go off-road much at all, but I do want something more aggressive looking than the stocks.

From reading around here I like the reviews of the Falken Wildpeaks and Toyo Open Country A/T3. I'm in the NE so its a lot of windy roads, mostly dry but enough rain and small to medium snowfalls to factor in.

Size wise I'm looking at 285/70/17 in C or SL, 285/65/18 in SL, 305/60/18 in SL, or blowing it all out and going for 315/70/17 in C + some SAS flares to make it all come together. The 305's and the 18 285's are only available in the Toyo, the others come in both.

I'm just learning about all of this so appreciate any advice on how one is better or worse than another, or anything I don't know that I don't know :)

Thanks!
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t plan to offroad then get whatever you think you’ll be happy with aesthetically. If you plan to offroad then smaller wheels (so the 17) and beefier tires.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you plan to off-road - 17x9 +30 to 0 offset is a good starting point... Otherwise, for mall crawling something z-rated like a 255/40R18 should help with the holeshot.
Sponsored