John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

European Union Requires New Cars To Have Anti-Speeding Tech By 2024 (fordauthority.com)

My Bronco already can tell me what the speed limit is and even changes color if I am faster than, but to actually prevent overspeed or slow a vehicle down is not only dangerous but implies we are a world of idiots.

There are times, when passing another vehicle, that one must exceed the posted limit for a short time or face a head on. And in VA they have signs telling truckers that it's okay to be in the left lane if they are above the posted limit.
Sponsored

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

European Union Requires New Cars To Have Anti-Speeding Tech By 2024 (fordauthority.com)

My Bronco already can tell me what the speed limit is and even changes color if I am faster than, but to actually prevent overspeed or slow a vehicle down is not only dangerous but implies we are a world of idiots.

There are times, when passing another vehicle, that one must exceed the posted limit for a short time or face a head on. And in VA they have signs telling truckers that it's okay to be in the left lane if they are above the posted limit.
While few actually pass without exceeding the speed limit, myself included, it's still illegal to speed when passing.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought it was a challenge to get a high score?
Years ago, the AZ DOT put up signs on one of the overpasses on I-10 that told you your speed. It went up to 99mph - which “some people“ 😇 viewed as a challenge. They finally realized their mistake and got rid of them! 😂
Sponsored