Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Ford performance tune you can buy today for the Ranger.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

It only make sense to have this for the Bronco 2.3 shortly after launch. That would put it at 325 HP, 370 TQ.
Here is about what you can expect from tuning the 2.7L
Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 1602101626711

Here is what you can expect from tuning the 2.3L
Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 1602101802071

From what I've heard as well, 5StarTuning will net you a lot more gains than the Ford Performance tunes will. I expect 5StarTuning to have something ready within the 1st few days of launch. It's already on its website. Take a look.
Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 1602101929600
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also Cobb may sink their teeth into the bronco

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 1602101929600
Good news! I emailed Cobb a while back on this and they weren’t sure at the time but they have a huge market with the Bronco and are top quality. My STis have been Cobb tuned since 2007 and my current 11 STi is FBO Cobb flexfuel. They have had great results with EB Mustang, focus, Raptor. Wouldn't mind stage 3 Mansquatch 336whp and 378 wtq. That’s just intake, Intercooler, downpipe and Accesport off the shelf map. A pro tuner can probably squeeze another 20 whp and wtq out and that’s before you start thinking about Ethanol.

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 6DB8F4CD-DE77-4820-874B-056AF19058BA

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's always been the plan, my dealership told me last time when i modded my ecoboost just tell them and unflash it for the service.

Also hope I can store an additional file, in case I go west where its 91
With cobb as long as you have your access port on you, you can change tunes on the fly. They usually come with stage 1, and 2 ( maybe 3 it's been a few years) in 91 and 93 octane.

You can also upload custom tunes to them from a cobb tuner.
Good news! I emailed Cobb a while back on this and they weren’t sure at the time but they have a huge market with the Bronco and are top quality. My STis have been Cobb tuned since 2007 and my current 11 STi is FBO Cobb flexfuel. They have had great results with EB Mustang, focus, Raptor. Wouldn't mind stage 3 Mansquatch 336whp and 378 wtq. That’s just intake, Intercooler, downpipe and Accesport off the shelf map. A pro tuner can probably squeeze another 20 whp and wtq out and that’s before you start thinking about Ethanol.

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 6DB8F4CD-DE77-4820-874B-056AF19058BA
I've had 2 wrx and a focus st tune with access port. Also Cobb is semi close to me so that's nice.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how many people will mod their Broncos powerwise. In the Subaru turbo world, it’s like 95% lol. Based on the posts on this forum, it doesn’t seem like a priority. I get that the Bronco isn’t meant for speed but everybody likes a little more power, no?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder how many people will mod their Broncos powerwise. In the Subaru turbo world, it’s like 95% lol. Based on the posts on this forum, it doesn’t seem like a priority. I get that the Bronco isn’t meant for speed but everybody likes a little more power, no?
No plan to. Torque breaks things, especially when you're multiplying that torque massively with a 95:1 crawl ratio.

The 2.3 will get you into and out of plenty of trouble.

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may, after I get this where I want it

PXL_20201007_173229856.MP.jpg

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With cobb as long as you have your access port on you, you can change tunes on the fly. They usually come with stage 1, and 2 ( maybe 3 it's been a few years) in 91 and 93 octane.

You can also upload custom tunes to them from a cobb tuner.

I've had 2 wrx and a focus st tune with access port. Also Cobb is semi close to me so that's nice.
Think my first tune on my EBM was also Cobb, had no complaints with it at all, also data logged for me, and i enjoyed seeing the #'s it threw out like current/max tq or speed

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No plan to. Torque breaks things, especially when you're multiplying that torque massively with a 95:1 crawl ratio.

The 2.3 will get you into and out of plenty of trouble.
Remember going 144 on a Mexican Highway once, when bone stock, nearly hit one fiddy as well on a similar highway down there

Yeah, its no 2.7/5.0, but don't knock them

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, its no 2.7/5.0, but don't knock them
Definitely smoother than the 7.2 in my T-bird!

Modern cars are pretty amazing. But they tend to lack character that comes from the uncertainty of operation and reliability. I don't see the reason to add more power/torque to a motor such as the 2.3 or 2.7. It's not like they are going to suddenly have quirks and character. They will simply keep working, but with a little more flavorless power.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a hole in the hood look funny with this sticking out?

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 427-IR-lg-530px

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would a hole in the hood look funny with this sticking out?

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance 427-IR-lg-530px
That would look better in my AMC Eagle wagon. My dream is to put a 351, close ratio 4 speed toploader adapted to a 2 speed atlas case. Maybe a 9" rear with a 9" IFS upfront. I also like torque storm twin superchargers. Anybody have 30,000 i can borrow?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely smoother than the 7.2 in my T-bird!

Modern cars are pretty amazing. But they tend to lack character that comes from the uncertainty of operation and reliability. I don't see the reason to add more power/torque to a motor such as the 2.3 or 2.7. It's not like they are going to suddenly have quirks and character. They will simply keep working, but with a little more flavorless power.
old cars have character because they’re old and not as many still on the road and while the Bronco is new with hundreds of thousands on the road in every direction adding a quick 50-100 Hp and torque is something to do while we wait for character to build as we and the Bronco age:) Nobody was ever disappointed in extra HP and torque.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
old cars have character because they’re old and not as many still on the road and while the Bronco is new with hundreds of thousands on the road in every direction adding a quick 50-100 Hp and torque is something to do while we wait for character to build as we and the Bronco age:) Nobody was ever disappointed in extra HP and torque.
All the way back to the first guy to look at his horses and couldnt decide which one to ride into town. He chose both!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing regardless is 2/4dr, they'll definitely draw looks, and after some mods, they'll really fly!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the way back to the first guy to look at his horses and couldnt decide which one to ride into town. He chose both!
I was always told you can't ride two horses with one ass.

Ford Bronco 2.3 Modifications from Ford Performance ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu
Sponsored