Sponsored

2.7L Bronco at Ford Service 114 days and counting...

zzettle

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco started stalling while driving in Aug 2023. The dealership had the vehicle for 79 days and found the catalytic converter was melted they claimed the issue was caused by an electrical connection not connected properly from manufacturing. My vehicle is back in service with the same issue and its been 35 days and counting. They cannot figure out the issue as the vehicle is not throwing error codes. The only alert I receive when it stalls is "Shift to P, then restart engine". Here are videos of the issues I am seeing. I only have 19k miles on the vehicle. Has anyone else experience this?

Sponsored

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i would call Ford customer service and tell them whatā€™s going on. see if they can upgrade you to a ā€œhot shotā€ (i think thatā€™s what itā€™s called). since itā€™s twice, they should send out a Ford engineer to review it and since the dealership canā€™t figure it out.

I recently had some Bronco troubles myself and unfortunately had mine at my dealership for two months+!

same situation happened to meā€¦ dealer found problem.. dealer fixed problem. problem persisted. hot shot initiatedā€¦just replaced the whole engine instead lol.

iā€™m not sure if the dealership requests it or the customer service agent does, but theyā€™re supposed to get in contact with the dealer and talk to each other. the customer service agent can also try and ā€œrush orderā€ partsā€¦. if you get a nice one. I went through three before anyone even offered to help!

also, my dealership was a smaller one with a lot of volume. so Iā€™m assuming if I took it to a bigger dealership, with more workers and such, it might have been fixed faster?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Bronco started stalling while driving in Aug 2023. The dealership had the vehicle for 79 days and found the catalytic converter was melted they claimed the issue was caused by an electrical connection not connected properly from manufacturing. My vehicle is back in service with the same issue and its been 35 days and counting. They cannot figure out the issue as the vehicle is not throwing error codes. The only alert I receive when it stalls is "Shift to P, then restart engine". Here are videos of the issues I am seeing. I only have 19k miles on the vehicle. Has anyone else experience this?

Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern on my end? Thank you!

OP
OP

zzettle

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i would call Ford customer service and tell them whatā€™s going on. see if they can upgrade you to a ā€œhot shotā€ (i think thatā€™s what itā€™s called). since itā€™s twice, they should send out a Ford engineer to review it and since the dealership canā€™t figure it out.

I recently had some Bronco troubles myself and unfortunately had mine at my dealership for two months+!

same situation happened to meā€¦ dealer found problem.. dealer fixed problem. problem persisted. hot shot initiatedā€¦just replaced the whole engine instead lol.

iā€™m not sure if the dealership requests it or the customer service agent does, but theyā€™re supposed to get in contact with the dealer and talk to each other. the customer service agent can also try and ā€œrush orderā€ partsā€¦. if you get a nice one. I went through three before anyone even offered to help!

also, my dealership was a smaller one with a lot of volume. so Iā€™m assuming if I took it to a bigger dealership, with more workers and such, it might have been fixed faster?
Thank you very much for your response. You're insights are helpful. The dealership found the issue a few days after I posted this thread. A wire was damaged underneath my fuse box. This wire was related to my emissions systems. Every time my vehicle stalled it would dump unburnt fuel down to my catalytic converter, resulting in an faulty part. They have replaced the wire, fuse box, and catalytic converter. Obviously I am still cautious on the whole issue, but is nice to have a root cause that is directly related to the emissions system.

beepee24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan altima cp
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

all this trouble for one little wire! lol. well im glad they found the issue & hope you get your šŸŽ back soon šŸ¤™šŸ¼

Thank you very much for your response. Your insights are helpful. The dealership found the issue a few days after I posted this thread. A wire was damaged underneath my fuse box. This wire was related to my emissions systems. Every time my vehicle stalled it would dump unburnt fuel down to my catalytic converter, resulting in a faulty part. They have replaced the wire, fuse box, and catalytic converter. Obviously I am still cautious on the whole issue, but is nice to have a root cause that is directly related to the emissions system.
Thank you very much for your response. You're insights are helpful. The dealership found the issue a few days after I posted this thread. A wire was damaged underneath my fuse box. This wire was related to my emissions systems. Every time my vehicle stalled it would dump unburnt fuel down to my catalytic converter, resulting in an faulty part. They have replaced the wire, fuse box, and catalytic converter. Obviously I am still cautious on the whole issue, but is nice to have a root cause that is directly related to the emissions system.
Sponsored