First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 2015 F-150 4x4 weighing 4,874 lbs ( 6 speed auto at the time ) was tested in 4x4 Sport mode by car and driver @ 5.7 seconds 0-60. I'd be surprisingly surprised if the 2.7 Bronco wasn't surprisingly quick. If that makes sense....šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£. A AWD (FWD platform) Edge ST hits 60 in 5.9 sec according to Ford.
2.7 F-150 4x4 Test
Sponsored

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
way more sufficient than the 2.3
Not really. Iā€™ve driven both Broncos, and it feels about the same. The only time you feel the difference between the 2.3 and 2.7, is on a steep hill.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m torn between basesquatch and BL with high package. Itā€™s definitely a better deal on the BL, since the manual is standard, but either way I think itā€™s a great deal ??
I'm going 2.7L 4 dr BL non-squatch, w/optional wheels and High. It's my daily driver and monthly camping / beach ride. I can always go bigger on the tires if I get more extreme but that wouldnt be for a couple years at least. Some things I dont want to add as after market (disco, High cameras...)

Anyone know how well the optional wheels will fit 35s if I choose to upgrade them?

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 2.7L going to be surprisingly quick? 662AB711-7679-4EE7-B223-FE8D4267C1D2

The 2.7 is an extremely powerful engine. The twin turbos really add an incredible amount of torque. Unfortunately, I think the 2.7 has too much torque for the 10R60 transmission the Bronco is getting. In fact, the 10R60 transmission only has a torque rating slightly above what the stock 2.7 puts out. Which means if you get the 2.7, youā€™ll have a lot of wear and tear on the Bronco transmission, especially if you add a tune.

Iā€™m more worried about the longevity of my Bronco, than immediate power. So Iā€™m sticking with the 2.3L. And Iā€™ll add a tune later. Iā€™ve driven both engines, and you can barely tell the difference unless youā€™re on a steep hill.

If Ford offered the 10R80 transmission in the Bronco, Iā€™d without a doubt upgrade to the 2.7. Even the Ranger comes standard with the 10R80, that allows for more torque than the Bronco.
Sponsored