First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aston Martin DB9, Mustang Cobra R, Porsche 911 x2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off I’ll start by saying that even as of today my dealer says that according to their tracking software my bronco is still at the factory so those trackers really are more of a guess at this point 😁. This was a 7/19 build 7/23 ship- these seem to be the last MIC batch that had a couple leak out of the factory.

I took delivery of my 2.7 4DR Badlands non-squatch and everything went smoothly! Mel Hambelton Ford here was amazing through the entire process and honored their no ADM commitment. They even hosted a catered party with confetti cannons and balloons as it was the first one here.Quite a welcome surprise and I’ll remember the moment for a long time. Really left a lasting impression on me as a customer. Now on to the impressions of the truck:

First off, the MIC top-
I see no imperfections yet other than a little bit of small discoloration in spots. A good clean rubbed the spots right off but I’ll keep an eye on it in the coming weeks. Fit and finish was good overall and wind noise is minimal at highway speed.

things I like:

-the color/styling. They nailed it here.The Cyber Orange also really makes the bodylines pop more than some of the other colors. This is both a perk and a drawback and I’ll get to that later.

-the 2.7 engine is a great match for this truck. Plenty of power, nice torque curve and really don’t have to use a lot of gas to get it up and going. It packs a solid punch and will only increase when the tuners get ahold of it. I haven’t driven a 2.3 but the 2.7 makes this a fun truck to blast around in.

- The Factory badlands wheels. In pictures I didn’t like them at all. They really had an aggressive machined look that almost made them stand out too much IMO. My opinion changed however in person. The wheels make the truck and really look like something aftermarket right out of the box. The BFG’s are big and meaty and give the non squatch badlands an aggressive look that stands out. However I can’t decide yet if I regret not squatching mine but I’m sure once I see one next to mine I might lol.

-AC will freeze an Eskimo in a snowstorm.
- 12” screen is excellent. Really makes you feel like you’re in something unique and helps make you forget about the cheap plastic dash piece and other cheap bits around the cabin.
- MGV seats. They’re soft yet supportive. I spent most of my 2 days driving all over for work and my back didn’t feel a thing. Yes they do get hot in sunlight but the AC is so frost inducing it isn’t an issue for long.

Now for the things I’m on the fence about:

- B&O sound system. It’s “good”. Some good clarity and it can go loud but it’s nothing that blows my socks off. Perhaps it’s the Sirius XM modulation in play here but overall it’s just decent.

-Cyber orange paint. In the sunlight it looks AMAZING. the flake really shines and the color really pops and stands out. Once the clouds come however you have a legitimate school bus. I pulled up next to one and I swear I could have driven into it and just blended the two together lol. Overall I like the paint more than I dislike it only because it does really show off the Bronco’s stature and it’s a color that you dont see often unless you have a Ranger or work for a school district.

-engine appearance. This one is trivial. They couldn’t have made a cool engine cover to hide that mess of hoses and wires? It looks like a 1980s Jaguar under the hood when you pop the trunk. It looks unfinished.

I think that’s it! Overall I absolutely love the truck and what Ford has accomplished here. The driving experience is fun, the highway ride is comfortable and compliant and the cool factor is off the charts. For those of you waiting I rented a 2021 jeep for Monterey car week the week before and it was a night and day difference. Granted it was more of a base vehicle but the driving experiences were massively different. The Bronco really is worth the wait and I can’t wait to see what more the aftermarket world has in store for it. Keep your reservation and wait it out! You won’t be sorry.

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: B77AD7EA-88EA-471C-9558-DCC7EA259E70

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: 5DE36989-62CB-409A-8F79-1489D634B9AB

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: 9A97660E-65CC-41C1-BB14-5E44BA1376A5

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: 60D24B82-A7EF-42DF-9FEC-FDC3E217E88D

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: 90A747A5-3CCF-44EE-BB5C-202EACFD138D

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: EF381879-BF4C-4860-8FB1-F1980F2F5EC6

Ford Bronco 2 days in with my 4DR MIC 2.7 Badlands…..impressions so far: 17CE56F3-7FFF-4070-9267-D990300B9920
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Love the 911 too. Really miss my ‘84.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ask them to leave the plastic on?

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off I’ll start by saying that even as of today my dealer says that according to their tracking software my bronco is still at the factory so those trackers really are more of a guess at this point 😁. This was a 7/19 build 7/23 ship- these seem to be the last MIC batch that had a couple leak out of the factory.

I took delivery of my 2.7 4DR Badlands squatch and everything went smoothly! Mel Hambelton Ford here was amazing through the entire process and honored their no ADM commitment. They even hosted a catered party with confetti cannons and balloons as it was the first one here.Quite a welcome surprise and I’ll remember the moment for a long time. Really left a lasting impression on me as a customer. Now on to the impressions of the truck:

First off, the MIC top-
I see no imperfections yet other than a little bit of small discoloration in spots. A good clean rubbed the spots right off but I’ll keep an eye on it in the coming weeks. Fit and finish was good overall and wind noise is minimal at highway speed.

things I like:

-the color/styling. They nailed it here.The Cyber Orange also really makes the bodylines pop more than some of the other colors. This is both a perk and a drawback and I’ll get to that later.

-the 2.7 engine is a great match for this truck. Plenty of power, nice torque curve and really don’t have to use a lot of gas to get it up and going. It packs a solid punch and will only increase when the tuners get ahold of it. I haven’t driven a 2.3 but the 2.7 makes this a fun truck to blast around in.

- The Factory badlands wheels. In pictures I didn’t like them at all. They really had an aggressive machined look that almost made them stand out too much IMO. My opinion changed however in person. The wheels make the truck and really look like something aftermarket right out of the box. The BFG’s are big and meaty and give the non squatch badlands an aggressive look that stands out. However I can’t decide yet if I regret not squatching mine but I’m sure once I see one next to mine I might lol.

-AC will freeze an Eskimo in a snowstorm.
- 12” screen is excellent. Really makes you feel like you’re in something unique and helps make you forget about the cheap plastic dash piece and other cheap bits around the cabin.
- MGV seats. They’re soft yet supportive. I spent most of my 2 days driving all over for work and my back didn’t feel a thing. Yes they do get hot in sunlight but the AC is so frost inducing it isn’t an issue for long.

Now for the things I’m on the fence about:

- B&O sound system. It’s “good”. Some good clarity and it can go loud but it’s nothing that blows my socks off. Perhaps it’s the Sirius XM modulation in play here but overall it’s just decent.

-Cyber orange paint. In the sunlight it looks AMAZING. the flake really shines and the color really pops and stands out. Once the clouds come however you have a legitimate school bus. I pulled up next to one and I swear I could have driven into it and just blended the two together lol. Overall I like the paint more than I dislike it only because it does really show off the Bronco’s stature and it’s a color that you dont see often unless you have a Ranger or work for a school district.

-engine appearance. This one is trivial. They couldn’t have made a cool engine cover to hide that mess of hoses and wires? It looks like a 1980s Jaguar under the hood when you pop the trunk. It looks unfinished.

I think that’s it! Overall I absolutely love the truck and what Ford has accomplished here. The driving experience is fun, the highway ride is comfortable and compliant and the cool factor is off the charts. For those of you waiting I rented a 2021 jeep for Monterey car week the week before and it was a night and day difference. Granted it was more of a base vehicle but the driving experiences were massively different. The Bronco really is worth the wait and I can’t wait to see what more the aftermarket world has in store for it. Keep your reservation and wait it out! You won’t be sorry.

B77AD7EA-88EA-471C-9558-DCC7EA259E70.jpeg

5DE36989-62CB-409A-8F79-1489D634B9AB.jpeg

9A97660E-65CC-41C1-BB14-5E44BA1376A5.jpeg

60D24B82-A7EF-42DF-9FEC-FDC3E217E88D.jpeg

90A747A5-3CCF-44EE-BB5C-202EACFD138D.jpeg

EF381879-BF4C-4860-8FB1-F1980F2F5EC6.jpeg

17CE56F3-7FFF-4070-9267-D990300B9920.jpeg
Congratulations!!

Did you mean to write non-squatch here?

“I took delivery of my 2.7 4DR Badlands squatch and everything went smoothly!”

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco and write up, congratulations!

I know that my stereo sounds much, much better with Apple Car play and downloads at the "better" quality sampling rate. I don't even bother to listen to music on Sirius anymore. they have compressed the signal so much, it's unlistenable.

I haven't been embarrassed by a SQ Badlands yet and definitely not regretting the 33" tires so for. I had driven a SQ BB with 2.3 before ordering mine and drove several at off-roadeo. I love the look and the ride and drive is great, just never found a Good Year tire that worked for me. That being said, most replacement "35 inch" tires are much heavier than the Good Year M/T, I was concerned the ride and drive with the much heavier tire wouldn't be maintained.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh baby, that's a beauty. Congratulations Rob. Enjoy the ride.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm far from an audiophile but I cannot handle listening to even a few minutes of Sirius XM. The compression makes every channel sound like absolute garbled junk. Try playing direct from a CD or put some FLAC files on a USB stick and play those to see what a good audio source sounds like.

Guess James Bond can go offroad now, too. :D

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super stoked for you and appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on your thoughts so far.
Makes the wait that much more bearable!
Sponsored