Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be awesome! I'm certain any info you can dig up will be welcomed by many folks here....
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you really paint the top? I have no knowledge in this area, but due to what appears to be a textured surface. It appears like it would be hard to paint.
I think a lot of these folks saying they will “just paint it” are going to have a bad time
eh, not hard to paint. I mean, its not so textured as to be an issue for spraying. You need to prep it a bit, a little scuffing wouldnt hurt to aid paint adhesion, but there is paint designed to adhere to plastic, its actually among the easier things to paint, just need some additives so it remains flexible.

It will always be textured without a lot of work (hifill primer, lots of sanding), so it will not be easy to get a gloss finish if thats the goal. but if you just want a true-er black, its doable.

Actually matching the other gray parts, the mirrors, tie downs, fender flares... that might be a bit harder. Life would be easier if you could find a contrasting color. though I have no clue what color contrasts well with orange...
It’s what Ares said. There’s a body shop owner on here who has seen the MIC top up close. With the proper prep work and adhesion promoter it will accept paint or bedliner.

Not looking to get a smooth surface, I actually like the texture. Just want it darker to match the B pillar and other black plastic trim

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spray adhesion promoter, primer, paint your choice of color.

mrlawmsp

Badlands
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spotted at Ford R&D center.

Stock 2018 4runner on 31” AT tires for comparison

LINK TO VIDEO

2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 1.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 2.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 4.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 5.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 6.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 7.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 8.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Cyber Orange 9.jpg
I too really appreciate the comparison picture of the 4Runner and Badlands! I have recently decided to get the BL and just go with the 33s instead of the Sasquatch. 33s should be good enough for me :)

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The trail rig (black) 2-DR seems to sit differently on the 33s. Are the 33 M/Ts that much different or are the people asking if this is lifted higher on to something?

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think someone had a similar comment, but I'm a few beers in...

Is this lifted, like more than Badlands is supposed to be?

It looks like a Sasquach lift but with Badlands wheels, no?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those are my two current leaders with the bight red a close third. My only hesitation on VB is it is one of the non-sucky colors for a Base meaning I think there will be TONS of VB Broncos.

Yes, A51 will be more common - but all these Basequatch drivers will be loading up on VB. It isn't a big deal but I would hate to park next to or be in traffic with a doppelganger is I can prevent it.
I'm guessing more of the base models will be black, gray, and red. Just like what most people want.

Vince

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

eh, not hard to paint. I mean, its not so textured as to be an issue for spraying. You need to prep it a bit, a little scuffing wouldnt hurt to aid paint adhesion, but there is paint designed to adhere to plastic, its actually among the easier things to paint, just need some additives so it remains flexible.

It will always be textured without a lot of work (hifill primer, lots of sanding), so it will not be easy to get a gloss finish if thats the goal. but if you just want a true-er black, its doable.

Actually matching the other gray parts, the mirrors, tie downs, fender flares... that might be a bit harder. Life would be easier if you could find a contrasting color. though I have no clue what color contrasts well with orange...
This is good to know. While I am not sure I will ever paint the top, at least it does seem like it can be done. Thanks for the reply

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing more of the base models will be black, gray, and red. Just like what most people want.
I don't think that Red will be as common as VB. Isn't that a premium color and requires a charge?

Sure black and gray will be prevalent, but VB is the only non-premium non-boring color so it will be common to see it.

Black and gray will just blend in with the sea of black and gray vehicles already on the road. ;)

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think that Red will be as common as VB. Isn't that a premium color and requires a charge?

Sure black and gray will be prevalent, but VB is the only non-premium non-boring color so it will be common to see it.

Black and gray will just blend in with the sea of black and gray vehicles already on the road. ;)
On the base model threads, there's a lot a interest in Rapid Red and Antimatter Blue. And yes, Velocity, too. But a bunch of people who have seen Velocity in person (me included) are not impressed. Looks like something you could get on a Hyundai Accent IMO. Not near as exciting as the CGI image.

Yes, Rapid Red is an upcharge, but not a lot (unlike the Metallic Orange Juice). And while it looks dull on CGI, in person it is amazing. I would get Rapid (or Race if I go BD), but the kids and I decided my Bronco cannot be red since red is the hubby's favorite color and he already has too many POS cars and needs to keep his hands off my new Bronco.
Sponsored