First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You want a small tank, go buy a 69 or earlier Bronco with a single 12 gallon tank & a thirsty V-8 😏
lol, my 73 has a 21 gallon tank, and more range than the 6G. 😳
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If did buy one I would 200 percent restore with a bigger tank (and a new engine too while we’re at it) lol
It won’t hold a much bigger tank......that’s why my 1970 had 2 tanks....a 14 gal main and a 10 gal reserve (mounted under the driver’s seat with a petcock valve to make the switch)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't compare heaviest to lightest, you have to compare trim to trim. All else equal, a 2dr saves just under 200lbs.
I hear ya. Like-to-like, the 2 vs 4 door weight penalty isn't nearly as severe.

People tend to load up on options though, and someone wanting better performance and handling, might want to consider slimming down. Potential for 1000lbs extra weight will come at a cost.

Combo of doors and top on my CJ-7 weighs about 300lbs, and removing those makes it feel like a different vehicle. Especially with that weight concentrated higher up.

A heavier trimmed longer wheelbase 4-door Bronco, will be a different driving experience compared to a lighter trimmed and more nimble shorter wheelbase 2-door.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2dr has a 9.5L smaller fuel tank than my '04 Xterra, which is annoying. I only got a 460km range with that truck. It got roughly 17mpg.

I guess I'll have to carry some jerry cans with me when offroad. Especially on the longer trails.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah for sure less weight equates to better fuel economy. But, I could get 30+ mpg out of my r1, But I ride it hard when I do ride. Fuel economy comes down mostly to how the vehicle is driven.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah for sure less weight equates to better fuel economy. But, I could get 30+ mpg out of my r1, But I ride it hard when I do ride. Fuel economy comes down mostly to how the vehicle is driven.
On my Honda 600F3, 6th gear, 120kph, 6000 rpm, 90km on 4 litres.....so 52.9 USmpg.

But yeah, if I wanted, I could empty the tank real quick.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully expect that 90-95% of my miles will be driving to work and back. So the fact that a 4400 lb Bronco with the Eco-boost gets worse mileage than my 6600 lb Expedition with the old 5.4 is somewhat disconcerting.

Wouldn't matter so much if Ford would put in a decent size fuel tank.
Yeah, the argument made for "eco"boost engines giving the Bronco some kind of fuel savings advantage went right out the window.
Sponsored