First Name
Kyree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know Ford has released the official numbers for the 4 door across trim levels. Based off that information would anyone have any strong guesses as to how much the 2 door will get. I would expect it to be at least 1 mpg higher across the trim levels.

honestly Im not even that upset about the MPG but more so at Ford giving the two door a small tank, but thatā€™s a while different conversation
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess ~1 MPG better.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t believe there is a difference between the 2 and 4 door, itā€™s mostly dictated by the motor, drivetrain, and having the aerodynamics of a cinder block.
The Defender 90 and 110 are rated at the same numbers for fuel mileage. Iā€™m sure you could get an extra mile or two out of it in eco mode in good driving conditions with a tail wind.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It stands to reason that the lighter 2dr should pick up a little city mileage at the least, but it's probably insignificant.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did u buy this Bronco for fuel mileage? There are plent of Mach E and Prius running around to save some gas for us Bronco owners. I get around 10 with my 78 sometimes 8 when off roading .
I donā€™t care about the gas Get the Bronco and enjoy it. I love my 78.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did u buy this Bronco for fuel mileage? There are plent of Mach E and Prius running around to save some gas for us Bronco owners. I get around 10 with my 78 sometimes 8 when off roading .
Wow! Thanks for your comment!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It stands to reason that the lighter 2dr should pick up a little city mileage at the least, but it's probably insignificant.
The difference in weight between the lightest 2-door and heaviest 4-door version is near 1000lbs. Don't know the exact mpg penalty for carrying that extra weight, but likely there is some reduction.

In terms of performance hit, an online calculator I used showed a one second 1/4 mile hit from the added weight.

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's always that one a**hole of every thread! Congrats! You've earned the title here! šŸ™ƒ

Maybe re-read his question and understand that he's not concerned about the fuel economy, just curious as to why there's only rating for 4-door and if there will be a difference between those and the 2 door

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The nerve some people have, asking questions on a community forum about something you donā€™t care about!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The difference in weight between the lightest 2-door and heaviest 4-door version is near 1000lbs. Don't know the exact mpg penalty for carrying that extra weight, but likely there is some reduction.

In terms of performance hit, an online calculator I used showed a one second 1/4 mile hit from the added weight.
You can't compare heaviest to lightest, you have to compare trim to trim. All else equal, a 2dr saves just under 200lbs.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a slightly lighter brick shaped vehicle. I don't suspect mpg will be very different

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know Ford has released the official numbers for the 4 door across trim levels. Based off that information would anyone have any strong guesses as to how much the 2 door will get. I would expect it to be at least 1 mpg higher across the trim levels.

honestly Im not even that upset about the MPG but more so at Ford giving the two door a small tank, but thatā€™s a while different conversation
You want a small tank, go buy a 69 or earlier Bronco with a single 12 gallon tank & a thirsty V-8 šŸ˜

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If did buy one I would 200 percent restore with a bigger tank (and a new engine too while weā€™re at it) lol
The later Gen1's got dual tanks a 10 & 12 Gallon :cool:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did u buy this Bronco for fuel mileage?
I fully expect that 90-95% of my miles will be driving to work and back. So the fact that a 4400 lb Bronco with the Eco-boost gets worse mileage than my 6600 lb Expedition with the old 5.4 is somewhat disconcerting.

Wouldn't matter so much if Ford would put in a decent size fuel tank.
Sponsored