Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a recent road trip I went from 19.3 mpg to 20.1 on my 2.7 4 door BD with wildtrak wheels/tires.

No eco goat mode. Just the regular driving blue themed one. Only thing I've done is change to the S&B Dry Intake filter. I use Shell 93 V-Power Nitro+.

I want to add that I used cruise control pretty much the entire time on freeways and went the speed limit.
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using 5th instead of 6th for cruising is pretty huge, you turn higher revs but are in the powerband AND vacuum more, which means you can engine-brake, feather the throttle, and have useable power without pushing a lot of boost (fuel). I'm hoping 6th will be useful with the FP tune, but as of now I don't really use it, and have downshifted to 5th whenever I tried since you don't always drive downhill.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just took a 1200mi round trip to Norfolk VA. On the way up there our gas mileage increased from 19.1 to 19.4 and I thought, OK, we're going downhill the whole way so we'll probably lose it all coming back. Came back yesterday and it actually went up since this picture to 19.7.

We recently switched to exclusively Sunoco 93, which is a bit of a pain because there aren't as many stations as other brands but my wife insisted because it consistently gives us better fuel economy. The other change was the CV Fab intercooler. I kinda doubt it's as much of a factor, but cool air does do wonders for the engine, so who knows?

2 door, 2.7 sasquatch with intake, exhaust, ford tune and cv fab intercooler.

IMG_20231023_080908.jpg
Did you check actual mileage? Gallons put in divided by miles? On a 3700 mile trip last month I averaged over 19, actual mileage and my computer said 21.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
this week, I got 23.1 using Shell 87. I drive the speed limit exactly and don't stomp on the gas pedal. Yes, there are hills here in SC. I also fuelled up before getting on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Sponsored

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
About 3 tanks ago I switched my display from the MPG to the Gauges for boost/oil/temp and it was the most freeing thing I have ever done with a vehicle. I just put 93 in (for the added HP) when I get below a quarter tank and I roll.
how do you change the gauges?

KansasRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1979 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is driving me crazy......I cannot find an active MPG gauge in any of my clusters. I have a 2023 Bronco Raptor, and the closest I can get is the aggregate trip 1 / trip 2 MPG display. I'm looking for a realtime MPG gauge like every car I've own in the past 10 years had. Any ideas?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KansasRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1979 Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a Bronco Raptor and I don't see any gauges for fuel economy, be it average or real time. I only see it available on Trip 1 and Trip 2. The link above covers a Bronco Sport instrument cluster, which appears different from the full size Bronco cluster.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure why people buy a vehicle like Jeep/Bronco and then obsess over MPG.

When I had the stock SAS tires I was getting like 16mpg in town.

Now with 37s I am getting 14.5 - and I am not mad about it.
Sponsored