Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First couple weeks with my 2door BD Bronco 2.7 (non-Squatch) have been great! Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten it off-road much yet due to having to work the last couple weekends, so I figured I’d test out some on-road things in the meantime.

Decided to track my commute to work and back today. The trip is about 75% freeway (70mph) and the remaining is a mix of slower 2-lanes and city streets with stoplights. I kept it in Normal GOAT mode the whole time (going to retest Friday in Eco and compare).

Stats:
1hr 36min drive time
22.9 MPG average
Total distance: 90.2 miles
Average speed: 56 mph

I was impressed by this. I was not trying to “supermileage”—accelerated as I normally would and drove about 5 over the speed limit most of the time. I know many people don’t care about fuel efficiency so I’ll probably get some scoffs, but the difference between this and the 20mpg sticker rating is 15%, which is a significant bump in range (especially for the 2 door smaller fuel tank).

Anyone else getting similar numbers from the 2.7?

Ford Bronco 23 MPG (computer) in 2 door 2.7 Black Diamond 534FD90F-A5AD-404B-B4E7-1731F204644F
I have a 4 door 2.7 non-sas arriving someday. If I can get close to this I'll be ecstatic. Similar if not better mpg than my WRX and no need to run premium sign me up!

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That display in the dash has another name...."lie-o-meter"....because it is rarely correct and most often quite optimistic in what it shows for fuel mileage. The one in my F150 is always at least 1-2 mpg higher than what I calculate by hand. So please - use the Fuelly app or something similar or hand calculate before you feed us figures that probably are not correct.
Both of my Ford's computers are within .5 mpg so no need to calculate by hand

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since delivery I’ve been putting premium in.

I should have no reservation putting regular in?

if Im driving in a manner that is returning 23.3mpg, then the alleged loss of hp/torque is irrelevant, yea?
You will probably lose a little fuel economy and a small loss of power. Most that run premium say you don't make up enough in fuel economy to pay for the added expense of the premium gas

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both of my Ford's computers are within .5 mpg so no need to calculate by hand
Yup, all my Ford's have always been very close, enough to not both with hand calcs after the first few times.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First couple weeks with my 2door BD Bronco 2.7 (non-Squatch) have been great! Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten it off-road much yet due to having to work the last couple weekends, so I figured I’d test out some on-road things in the meantime.

Decided to track my commute to work and back today. The trip is about 75% freeway (70mph) and the remaining is a mix of slower 2-lanes and city streets with stoplights. I kept it in Normal GOAT mode the whole time (going to retest Friday in Eco and compare).

Stats:
1hr 36min drive time
22.9 MPG average
Total distance: 90.2 miles
Average speed: 56 mph

I was impressed by this. I was not trying to “supermileage”—accelerated as I normally would and drove about 5 over the speed limit most of the time. I know many people don’t care about fuel efficiency so I’ll probably get some scoffs, but the difference between this and the 20mpg sticker rating is 15%, which is a significant bump in range (especially for the 2 door smaller fuel tank).

Anyone else getting similar numbers from the 2.7?

Ford Bronco 23 MPG (computer) in 2 door 2.7 Black Diamond 534FD90F-A5AD-404B-B4E7-1731F204644F
Whenever I get my Bronco if it gets better then 15.7 that my F 150 4x4 with a 5.0 I'll be happy if it doesn't I'll still be a Happy Camper 😎

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will probably lose a little fuel economy and a small loss of power. Most that run premium say you don't make up enough in fuel economy to pay for the added expense of the premium gas

Agreed, in my WRX I get maybe on a really good tank 1 mpg better with premium but the lack of knocking is worth the added cost. When I first got the WRX in 2009 the delta between premium and regular was much smaller than now.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since delivery I’ve been putting premium in.

I should have no reservation putting regular in?

if Im driving in a manner that is returning 23.3mpg, then the alleged loss of hp/torque is irrelevant, yea?

Unless you're towing a lot or lead foot constantly you probably won't notice the loss of HP/Torgue.

You might see a slight drop in MPG but I'd expect it to be 1 mpg or less, if it's more than that it might be worth the extra cost.
Sponsored