LivingPeachy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep... so far so good. No problems. I don't exactly beat the heck out of it though. My off-roading so far is null... except for the extremely large pot-holes here in California.

Took my daughters 4-door OBX out for about a 30 mile drive.

All that I can say is... I'm glad I bought a two door.

To me... 2door=fun; 4door=family wagon/bus.
I totally agree. IMO, the 2 Door Bronco is one of the coolest vehicle out on the road today.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you are seeing China for the tops. Webasto was making them in Plymouth Mi and was to open a second plant in Southeast Mi within the first 3 months of 2022 to help meet demand.

OP
OP
LivingPeachy

LivingPeachy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure where you are seeing China for the tops. Webasto was making them in Plymouth Mi and was to open a second plant in Southeast Mi within the first 3 months of 2022 to help meet demand.
Sorry, was not sure. I glanced over China + Hardtop and concluded. My bad.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, was not sure. I glanced over China + Hardtop and concluded. My bad.
Crazy as it sounds, they may have been better quality if made in China.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just took delivery of a 2 Door Big Bend in June 2023. The Bronco had many quality defects from factory that the dealership had to fix. It barely has 350 miles on it (300 of these miles are going back and forth from the Ford Service Department).

Since I've gotten it back it's been babied and garage kept. Haven't even had a chance to enjoy it as a week ago I noticed that the hardtop is showing faint bubbles almost hail like dents all over the big rear hardtop. It looks like it may be buckling? The front two hard top panels do not have this issue and there are no signs of hail damage on the rest of the body of vehicle. Although it may be hard to see, you can put your hand over the hardtop and feel the dent/bubble like texture.

It's currently at another dealership local to where I live being looked at and they're trying to figure out next steps. Has anyone else had this issue? :(

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5862.jpeg
Good afternoon. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this hardtop concern? Thank you!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the gasket issue I absolutely agree should be addressed by your dealer. The second poster's issue with the cracks in the top, yes that should be addressed.

The OP's complaint with a little bit of texture on your top, that's a non-issue IMHO. It's a honeycomb internal structure with molded outer skin. There is going to be some texture. I would watch it to make sure it doesn't change, but that's it. You can find small imperfections with ANY car if you look hard enough. The fact that you can't even really see it in the picture, come on, find something else to complain about.

SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just took delivery of a 2 Door Big Bend in June 2023. The Bronco had many quality defects from factory that the dealership had to fix. It barely has 350 miles on it (300 of these miles are going back and forth from the Ford Service Department).

Since I've gotten it back it's been babied and garage kept. Haven't even had a chance to enjoy it as a week ago I noticed that the hardtop is showing faint bubbles almost hail like dents all over the big rear hardtop. It looks like it may be buckling? The front two hard top panels do not have this issue and there are no signs of hail damage on the rest of the body of vehicle. Although it may be hard to see, you can put your hand over the hardtop and feel the dent/bubble like texture.

It's currently at another dealership local to where I live being looked at and they're trying to figure out next steps. Has anyone else had this issue? :(

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5862.jpeg
I have a 2021 Bronco was doing something very similar on back corner on driver’s side. Was able to have entire hard top replaced under warranty. Hard tops a around $12,000. Have someone who knows how to do an algorithm on the internet find the total number of Bronco's with this issue. Close to 40,000. I'm now trying to get a algorithm done for the rear tailgate done as my paint is rubbing off the tailgate where it makes contact with the rubber on back window. Ford fixed the first time and now doesn't want to fix it again. Will see about that.. ..
Sponsored