Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Harken hoist in the shop for the wife's jeep, and it is awesome. I hoist the top up into the rafters and it's out of the way. Only problem it it needs some weight to come back down when there is no hardtop on the hoist. So I just throw her soft top on a sheet of plywood and hoist that up for the winter until spring comes around.

On another note, the MIC top looks pretty light, lighter than the wrangler unlimited painted top. I also would not call the wrangler top heavy, just more cumbersome than anything, especially around pretty painted bodywork. Much, much, lighter than the old gen 1 top, ;) I did that once...
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are pretty light, just unwieldy. I figure two straps attached to hooks/pulleys is all it'll take. I have some I used to hang my mower! So it'll work for the top.

OP
OP
NurseA.J

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on your garage. I have the Harken hoist for my Jeep top and can hoist it above where the door opens (i.e., when the garage door is open, the top is above it). In my last house the garage wasn't tall enough for that so you had to back in to take the top off.

It is an easy 15 min operation, but not something you want to do on a daily basis, so you'll need some kind of soft top or at least a trail cover if you park it outside overnight or through a rain shower.
Thank you for the information! We have a big garage so I’m sure we can make something like that work. 👍🏻

OP
OP
NurseA.J

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this the same product? https://topliftpros.com/pages/how-it-works

I was thinking about getting this or something similar.
So glad this thread resurfaced and I saw this!! Wasn't looking forward to installing the hoist option with very high garage ceiling. This is an incredible idea! And possibly safer. Thanks for passing along.

Learn something new in B6G everyday!!
Sponsored