First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
going partially topless. Got an idea for you though. Buy one of those roof hoists and give it to your husband for his birthday "to make things easier for him". If my wife bought me something like that I know I would appreciate it!
Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the good fortune of having a ten foot ceiling in my garage, so taking the top up and keeping it there is not a problem of clearance for my 6’5” body. I will need to relocate a light fixture, but that is not a problem. Only question I have is power or manual.

D4C1C035-D451-47DB-923A-6AC46A80D713.jpeg
That’s the harken hoist, its manual.
I have installed 3 of them, rather easy to install and works well!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0...089838040601&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_scm_asin_0

Edit: In my current garage, I barely have 5 inches to lift the top and it still works well. I am parking forward with the hood under the top, Its easier than backing up inside the roof to precisely get the rollbars in the middle...

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well since my Basesquatch won’t even clear my garage entrance opening, no ceiling hoist for me! That rack hoist probably won’t fit either. I’m pretty sure I can lift it myself or ask wife for help. I can get a 100 lb kayak on the roof of my car solo. What does this top weigh?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going to lie, I got the rear section of my four door Jeep hardtop off by myself once. I will never in a million years attempt it again. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did not drop it, break it, scratch the Jeep body, or even shatter the back glass on the top. Just get help or a hoist. It is really easy with one other person and I heard that the MIC tops will be pretty light.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is age 49, 5’1” tall and small build. She is able to remove her top solo on that lift.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is the danged video from a couple weeks back by Bronco Nation showing the hardtop removal?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I just went straight to their Youtube channel to find it.
That's the only thing I didn't do! Even went to BN site...nothing. Thx. Saving stuff that I know I'll want later.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That video is great for showing what it takes to get the top off. What's more important to me is that it shows how easy it is to take the roof rack off. I've ordered a roof rack, but I intent to take it off and leave it off most of the time. I'll only put it on when I intend to haul something on the roof, which will be rare.

I have no idea how often I'll take the top off. I have a real convertible, so I'll have to have a stronger reason than just the joy of top down driving.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That video is great for showing what it takes to get the top off. What's more important to me is that it shows how easy it is to take the roof rack off. I've ordered a roof rack, but I intent to take it off and leave it off most of the time. I'll only put it on when I intend to haul something on the roof, which will be rare.

I have no idea how often I'll take the top off. I have a real convertible, so I'll have to have a stronger reason than just the joy of top down driving.
There's a separate one for the soft top...it's different.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Shotsy thanks a bunch!!! Guess it’s time to make a little space in the garage for it! Lol. Husband is gonna hate me! Lol lol
Depends on your garage. I have the Harken hoist for my Jeep top and can hoist it above where the door opens (i.e., when the garage door is open, the top is above it). In my last house the garage wasn't tall enough for that so you had to back in to take the top off.

It is an easy 15 min operation, but not something you want to do on a daily basis, so you'll need some kind of soft top or at least a trail cover if you park it outside overnight or through a rain shower.
Sponsored