Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 2-door, RAM TRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all, my first post...

After searching through the Ford website it looks like (Since no 2-door Raptor option exist) the Wildtrak can be ordered with everything I want with the exception of the front sway bar disconnect...Do any members here know if the OEM electronic disconnect can be retrofitted to the Wildtrak?

I come from the Jeep Wrangler side where almost anything can be added or retrofitted...
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From my research, I’ve come up with the answer of “anything is possible, given enough time and money“ And this falls under the category of - would require *A LOT* of both.

To which I then asked myself, “why? Is it cool? Yes. Is it useful? Yes.

But ask yourself this: so is airing down tires. But how much would you spend for an dash button to automatically air down / up your tires? The technology exists. But really is it worth thousands of dollars and a week’s worth of work of labor tearing down your vehicle and reassembling it just to add such a minor convenience?

Quick disconnects are just not that much work to disconnect and reconnect. And you only do it once at the start of the trail and again at the end of the day. Also - the factory system automatically reconnects above 25mph. Why spend all that time and money to force yourself into this limitation? Personally, I’d rather leave them disconnected all day on the trail.

Even if you do have to jump back on the highway at some point - it’s not like you have to get out and reconnect them. Just avoid “deer avoidance“ type maneuvers. Which is alway good advice considering your tires are probably also aired down.

I’m sure there is somebody out there willing to go through all that hassle just to fill that empty spot on their hero buttons. If this is you - the rest of us would be very put out if you didn’t take the time to document your effort and post it here. ;)

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, it can be added with OEM parts. It's your build... I'm on the east coast and just don't have the opportunity or need for that much articulation.

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Bad Ass!!!

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands w/Sasquatch Package and 2.7L engine gives you the same thing, with the added benefit of MGV seats and wash out floor. Just some food for thought as I think the pricing will be the same. Unless you had your heart set on the Digital Pattern Seats in the WIldtrak, it a good way to go to get what youre looking for.

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 2-door, RAM TRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks guys for the quick response!

If I do decide to retrofit (I have it on my JL Ruby 2-door and use it a lot on our Arizona rocky trails...) I will absolutely post a parts list and install highlights!

From what I gather with the Wildtrak, you get a bit heavier duty steering/suspension which I also would imagine would be a benefit on many AZ trails...

Also, I really want cloth seats...do not need GF yelling at me seats are burning her legs when in shorts or short skirts...

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys for the quick response!

If I do decide to retrofit (I have it on my JL Ruby 2-door and use it a lot on our Arizona rocky trails...) I will absolutely post a parts list and install highlights!

From what I gather with the Wildtrak, you get a bit heavier duty steering/suspension which I also would imagine would be a benefit on many AZ trails...
If you're building a desert runner or rock crawler, the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 seems to be to best route, I think you're on track. You won't be disappointed by anything except the wait to get it, whatever you land on. Happy trails.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Betting it would be easier to retro fit a BL with the Hoss 3.0.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Betting it would be easier to retro fit a BL with the Hoss 3.0.
^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

This is what I would have done had I known better way back when I first placed my order. Certainly less work adding Hoss 3.0 (or better). And Sport mode can be Forscan added. So really BL should have been my choice. But it is what it is now.

I considered changing my order last year - but I didn’t want to rock that boat. I’m convinced the main reason I got my build date in less than a year is because I didn’t F with that order after I placed it.

And as cool as stabilizer disconnects are - not worth risking another year’s wait and God only knows what features Ford would take away in exchange for a pitiful “certificate”

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands w/Sasquatch Package and 2.7L engine gives you the same thing, with the added benefit of MGV seats and wash out floor. Just some food for thought as I think the pricing will be the same. Unless you had your heart set on the Digital Pattern Seats in the WIldtrak, it a good way to go to get what youre looking for.
Not the same for the 23 model year. No HOSS 3.0 and everything else that comes along with that package. Last year, yeah, but no more. WildTrak reigns supreme.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing better about the wild track from factory is the horse 3.0 suspension. However if you upgraded to king struts or fox stripes the badlands would be superior than the wild track, because of the electronic swaybar disconnect

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only thing better about the wild track from factory is the horse 3.0 suspension. However if you upgraded to king struts or fox stripes the badlands would be superior than the wild track, because of the electronic swaybar disconnect
Don’t forget the tie rods and the steering rack. WildTrak still the best. Deal with it. Looks better, too. You will use the swaybar disconnect one percent of the life of the car. On the road, the FOX and the ancillary elements are far superior.

Reactions: bek

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right I did forget about that but there’s aftermarket parts that strike since the 2.0 rack and the rods.
But good point

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’re right I did forget about that but there’s aftermarket parts that strike since the 2.0 rack and the rods.
But good point
Both trims are bad ass. I will never Rockcrawl. Just not into it. Everything that WildTrak offers in my opinion is far superior for the 23 model year over any other trim in a two door.

Reactions: bek

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in a rocky desert where I’ll do a combination of both. When I first ordered in 21 the Badlands was superior. But I would have to concede after they change to the 3.0 fox shocks and the upgraded rack, the wildtrak from factory for high-speed off Roading is superior.
Did you get a 2 door wildtrak?

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in a rocky desert where I’ll do a combination of both. When I first ordered in 21 the Badlands was superior. But I would have to concede after they change to the 3.0 fox shocks and the upgraded rack, the wildtrak from factory for high-speed off Roading is superior.
Did you get a 2 door wildtrak?
It’s currently on the train about to get delivered the end of January early February.

Two-door, 23 WT, Lux, Mod Bumper, Carbon Gray.
Sponsored