Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Remember this FAQ to dealers?

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

This reply is consistent with what we heard from Esteban Plaza-Jennings months ago in a video interview with Bronco Nation. At that time, the Tow package and the Safari bar were not mentioned. He did mention both Leather option and 2-door models as being constrained.

Now fast forward to July 2021 and we see the key word, ā€œetc.ā€! Could that mean Leather option or 2-door model? No one knows for sure.

As we know, our journey to owning a Bronco has been filled with somewhat disappointing emails. I would like to believe we may begin to see more positive communications. Particularly concerning the 2-door models.

Over the last 12 months, I have gained a greater appreciation for how deeply Jim Farley and Ted Ryan understand the Bronco history. If you understand the history, think about the one constant characteristic which has spanned all generations of the Bronco. That characteristic exists in the Bronco Jim drives. It is the 2-door model. Food for thought? Perhaps. We all thrive on hope. Maybe hope has value now more than ever!
That historical perspective in regards to the 2dr and Mr. Farleyā€™s appreciation of the Bronco heritage is something I hadnā€™t even considered. Iā€™m sure he would want to see the 2dr, with those unmistakable gen1 lines on the road, and on display for future customers. Nice tie in @BuzzyBud.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That historical perspective in regards to the 2dr and Mr. Farleyā€™s appreciation of the Bronco heritage is something I hadnā€™t even considered. Iā€™m sure he would want to see the 2dr, with those unmistakable gen1 lines on the road, and on display for future customers. Nice tie in @BuzzyBud.
From what he told me, he drives a 1973 Bronco to work most days. Jim is all about Bronco history and itā€™s impact on Ford culture. I suspect we are in the right place at the right time. No guarantees, but fingers crossed!

Dsprouse

First Edition
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thatā€™s the besttop soft top. Itā€™s not a option one can order from ford but itā€™s been seen before.
It is available and I ordered it from ford made by Bestop. I ordered one for my first edition. Since it is my toy I wish it is the top I could have gotten from the factory. It is a shame they wonā€™t let people select this option.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What? I have two orders for a 2 door and received an email. I wouldnā€™t put stock in Fords inability to send mass emails.

November/December 2022
Do you already have VINā€™s. Are you 99 coded? As the email was released there seemed to be a consensus that the majority of 2dr orders didnā€™t receive the email, although there were exceptions. I had received every other mass email, but not that one. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I believe it was intentional, and in light of recent ā€œhearsayā€ that belief might be justified. Donā€™t rain on my parade @Bronco4lyfe85.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Letā€™s hopeā€¦..along with what Ross relayed, thereā€™s also the info from @BuzzyBud and what he heard from the Big Guy about patience and trust regarding his 2dr order. Would make sense in context with most non-scheduled 2dr orders not receiving the last email from Ford. Itā€™s almost as if we were being toldā€¦..youā€™re not a part of this. We have other plans for you guys.

Scary that Iā€™m starting to allow myself to hope something good might happen.
Yeah I didnā€™t receive that last minute email either for my two door First Edition. And the rumors Iā€™ve heard here in Metro Detroit Is that Ford Corp was going to push through a bunch of three door MIC tops.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you already have VINā€™s. Are you 99 coded? As the email was released there seemed to be a consensus that the majority of 2dr orders didnā€™t receive the email, although there were exceptions. I had received every other mass email, but not that one. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I believe it was intentional, and in light of recent ā€œhearsayā€ that belief might be justified. Donā€™t rain on my parade @Bronco4lyfe85.
No vins, no 99ā€™s. One is early August, other is October lol. Iā€™d prefer you are right but I still donā€™t trust Ford.

Ford Bronco 2 Door with Soft Too at MAP???? 1624999982658

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No vins, no 99ā€™s. One is early August, other is October lol. Iā€™d prefer you are right but I still donā€™t trust Ford.

Ford Bronco 2 Door with Soft Too at MAP???? 1624999982658
Thatā€™s betterā€¦.leave me a glimmer of hope.
ā€œDoveryai, no proveryaiā€ā€¦..like Reagan talking to Russians, Iā€™m in the ā€œtrust but verifyā€ camp.

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 Door, have had since day one. It's code 19 and I received the email you mentioned.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take this for what itā€™s worth, but my Bronco sales rep just called me for the first time in nearly a year. I had sent him a text over the weekend asking him to add the roof rails to my 2dr build.

He started going over my build for verification, and wanted to know, as their #1 allocation, if Iā€™d be willing to switch to a 4dr soft top. Said he has 7 pulls that were behind me and got scheduled and wants to take care of me. He said, if I donā€™t switch, then I wonā€™t see my Bronco this year. I told him I wouldnā€™t switch, even if it meant a 2022 model.

He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if thereā€™s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2drā€™s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and thatā€™s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be built to address going forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.

Like I said, take it for what itā€™s worth, but he seemed adamant about this information, and closed with hope that my build would be scheduled next Thursday. We shall see.

Edit: He said ā€œbought outā€, but I didnā€™t ask for clarification. He may have been confused and was just addressing the old news of Ford taking over Webasto operations.
If his information was accurate I will be sooooo happy šŸ˜
šŸ¤ž

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 Door, have had since day one. It's code 19 and I received the email you mentioned.
Well, we could use some good news for a change. I just donā€™t think itā€™s an oversight that 2drs and their MIC top issue/non-soft top option hasnā€™t been addressed other than to say theyā€™re continuing to produce MIC tops for 2drs in 2021.

Sponsored

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, we could use some good news for a change. I just donā€™t think itā€™s an oversight that 2drs and their MIC top issue/non-soft top option hasnā€™t been addressed other than to say theyā€™re continuing to produce MIC tops for 2drs in 2021.
Believe me! I hope they do crank a bunch of them out and get us our Bronco's asap.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stumbled across this in B&P tonight. Has this been here all along? It sorta lets me add it, and even calculates the cost into price, but seems to have trouble completing the selection.
Ford Bronco 2 Door with Soft Too at MAP???? Screenshot 2021-06-29 9.42.24 PM
The Bestop retractable soft top for the two door was never there before šŸ˜. I know because I checked a couple weeks ago! Thatā€™s fantastic news for us two door owners.
Sponsored