First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take this for what it’s worth, but my Bronco sales rep just called me for the first time in nearly a year. I had sent him a text over the weekend asking him to add the roof rails to my 2dr build.

He started going over my build for verification, and wanted to know, as their #1 allocation, if I’d be willing to switch to a 4dr soft top. Said he has 7 pulls that were behind me and got scheduled and wants to take care of me. He said, if I don’t switch, then I won’t see my Bronco this year. I told him I wouldn’t switch, even if it meant a 2022 model.

He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if there’s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2dr’s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and that’s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be built to address going forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.

Like I said, take it for what it’s worth, but he seemed adamant about this information, and closed with hope that my build would be scheduled next Thursday. We shall see.

Edit: He said “bought out”, but I didn’t ask for clarification. He may have been confused and was just addressing the old news of Ford taking over Webasto operations.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A friend of mine knows a Ford engineer in Arizona and he currently has a 2 door with a soft top from Ford. He says they're testing it and will possibly be available later. I'll try to get the pic he sent and post it here.
Is it a real soft-top or the Bestop?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zack responded with links/pictures of the curious rig. There is much more to it than some drunken rattle-can action. And the soft top from your picture is just a reflection of the fast back that we've seen. I got real curious as BesTop has a Trektop with glass rear window sliders.
Yea...it's definitely not CNG, and as far as the drunk rattlecan - who knows, calibrators do like to blow off some steam on test trips. Someone may have just gotten tired of bumping their shin into it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea...it's definitely not CNG, and as far as the drunk rattlecan - who knows, calibrators do like to blow off some steam on test trips. Someone may have just gotten tired of bumping their shin into it.
Any idea on the odd exhaust and the white metal flange on the rear quarter panel?

Sponsored

Stangnut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it a real soft-top or the Bestop?
No idea. Someone on here might know since this one has already been around a while. I'll see if I can find out though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take this for what it’s worth, but my Bronco sales rep just called me for the first time in nearly a year. I had sent him a text over the weekend asking him to add the roof rails to my 2dr build.

He started going over my build for verification, and wanted to know, as their #1 allocation, if I’d be willing to switch to a 4dr soft top. Said he has 7 pulls that were behind me and got scheduled and wants to take care of me. He said, if I don’t switch, then I won’t see my Bronco this year. I told him I wouldn’t switch, even if it meant a 2022 model.

He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if there’s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2dr’s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and that’s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be built to address going forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.

Like I said, take it for what it’s worth, but he seemed adamant about this information, and closed with hope that my build would be scheduled next Thursday. We shall see.

Edit: He said “bought out”, but I didn’t ask for clarification. He may have been confused and was just addressing the old news of Ford taking over Webasto operations.
The gist of what you wrote seems to coincide with what Ross alluded to when the email bomb dropped. He seemed to think that 2-dr buyers will be taken care of either by preference for MIC tops or possible new developments in the coming weeks.

Stangnut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any idea on the odd exhaust and the white metal flange on the rear quarter panel?
The odd exhaust is for emissions testing. We've seen that kind of tip on plenty of pre-production Mustangs over the years.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd exhaust is a marman flange for emissions testing/wind tunnel exhaust, white metal flange is ambient air temp, lower flange is a fuel drain as for a lot of tests / regions they have specialty fuels and need to drain the tank and swap fuels. (winter/summer/european/china)

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The gist of what you wrote seems to coincide with what Ross alluded to when the email bomb dropped. He seemed to think that 2-dr buyers will be taken care of either by preference for MIC tops or possible new developments in the coming weeks.
Let’s hope…..along with what Ross relayed, there’s also the info from @BuzzyBud and what he heard from the Big Guy about patience and trust regarding his 2dr order. Would make sense in context with most non-scheduled 2dr orders not receiving the last email from Ford. It’s almost as if we were being told…..you’re not a part of this. We have other plans for you guys.

Scary that I’m starting to allow myself to hope something good might happen.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let’s hope…..along with what Ross relayed, there’s also the info from @BuzzyBud and what he heard from the Big Guy about patience and trust regarding his 2dr order. Would make sense in context with most non-scheduled 2dr orders not receiving the last email from Ford. It’s almost as if we were being told…..you’re not a part of this. We have other plans for you guys.

Remember this FAQ to dealers?

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

This reply is consistent with what we heard from Esteban Plaza-Jennings months ago in a video interview with Bronco Nation. At that time, the Tow package and the Safari bar were not mentioned. He did mention both Leather option and 2-door models as being constrained.

Now fast forward to July 2021 and we see the key word, “etc.”! Could that mean Leather option or 2-door model? No one knows for sure.

As we know, our journey to owning a Bronco has been filled with somewhat disappointing emails. I would like to believe we may begin to see more positive communications. Particularly concerning the 2-door models.

Over the last 12 months, I have gained a greater appreciation for how deeply Jim Farley and Ted Ryan understand the Bronco history. If you understand the history, think about the one constant characteristic which has spanned all generations of the Bronco. That characteristic exists in the Bronco Jim drives. It is the 2-door model. Food for thought? Perhaps. We all thrive on hope. Maybe hope has value now more than ever!

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My July 14 reservation was converted to an order for a 2Dr Wildtrak with the Black Painted Modular Top.

Currently it appears I am looking at MY 2023 at the earliest. (Who knows if the rockstars will actually be able to have the Black Painted Hard Top available for MY 2023.)

I would be willing to amend my order to a Black Fastback Soft Top if that option was available.... but its not currently an option.

I will not buy a new Bronco with the gray MIC Top.

I am hoping Ford comes to its senses and offers the option of a 2Dr Wildtrak with Black Fastback Soft Top.

Given the current circumstances, I will either be impatiently waiting for a MY 2023 or cancelling my order completely and start looking for something else.

Stangnut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Forgive my lack of seamingly common knowledge, but when is MY23 production supposed to start? Sounds like some guys are willing to wait a long time for their Bronco. (not that I blame them)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What? I have two orders for a 2 door and received an email. I wouldn’t put stock in Fords inability to send mass emails.

Forgive my lack of seamingly common knowledge, but when is MY23 production supposed to start? Sounds like some guys are willing to wait a long time for their Bronco. (not that I blame them)
November/December 2022
Sponsored