BuckedOff-Road

First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
The updated render looks great! Even more excited to see the real thing now. Have a feeling I'm going to be real torn between 2 and 4 doors assuming roof coming off and powertrain options are the same regardless of the number of doors.
Personally I think I'll like the 2 door look the best, but I will need a 4 door with my family. Also 4 door might ride marginally better.

Advertisement

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I don't allow my kids to open their own doors anyway. So I'll be pretty torn on the number of doors LOL

loubif

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if a Solid Rear Axle and V6 are your desires you should definitely be happy with the Bronco. I'm 99% sure it'll have both of those things.
Sorry, meant solid front axle and V6, but the front solid isn't a deal breaker for me.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I'm good either way...but I'll probably buy the base trim "66" with IFS. But don't overlook NickP's post from earlier this week:

"I'm also not totally convinced that the top-trim Bronco won't have a solid front axle option. My buddy said that the hard-core off-road variant is being created by a team-within-a-team and there is zero visibility to their work unless you are specifically on their project. I know for a fact CrispyKC doesn't know what they're up to and I doubt even Teocali does."

what do you think would be different about it?

"Well I assume it would be similar to the Wrangler Rubicon, so 4:1 transfer case, front and rear locking differentials, detachable sway bar, different suspension tuning, different differential gearing, etc. Of course, Ford will throw their own features on there that we may not even know about or have thought of as well. Or it’s possible that it could get none of that who really knows. Locking diffs are a given and I feel like we heard disconnecting sway bars from another source, different gearing options is kind of a given as well. (4.88’s would be cool!)"
I can definitely say that I don't know anything concrete about what that team is doing. It's kind of like GT was, no one knew til it hit. People do know that some other variant does in fact exist or is being worked on but zero on the details as to what exactly it will be. 4.88's will not be an option, that's reserved for one specific truck and nothing else.

Nickp

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER 4 DOOR MT
I can definitely say that I don't know anything concrete about what that team is doing. It's kind of like GT was, no one knew til it hit. People do know that some other variant does in fact exist or is being worked on but zero on the details as to what exactly it will be. 4.88's will not be an option, that's reserved for one specific truck and nothing else.

And I don’t mean the 4.88’s as something that could be offered, just an example of something ford could do that Jeep doesn’t.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
And I don’t mean the 4.88’s as something that could be offered, just an example of something ford could do that Jeep doesn’t.
4.88's would be amazing off road, but terrible above 65 unless Ford did something with the top 3 or 4 gears. With the 10Spd anything is possible.

Randy92Fox

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
With 7th being overdrive
I think with 4.88s it would have to be an over-overdrive lol.

My buddy had a 4.0 Jeep with 37s and I believe 4.56(?) I'd have to verify that, maybe been lower (higher numerically that is) and that thing screamed at highway speeds but it was the 3 speed auto.