Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Excellent for the drive off the lot depreciation hit.

/sarcasm.

Order your 2021 in 2020, take delivery in 2022....sounds brilliant.

Fill the books for 2021 to match prod capacity til 12/21, open the order books in fall of 21 for delivery of the 22 MY starting in January.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess they thought they’d sell more Bronco Sport. Not sure why higher demand for the 2 and 4 door would push back begin ship date by two months ?
Supply and demand. The bronco sport is going into production first, and indigenous protestors are blocking railway lines down in Mexico, which is delaying production. Covid restrictions and problems with UAW are lowering forecasts here in the states. They wont be able to build these as fast as they originally planned.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm personally hoping to get mine in the Summer of 2021. If I have to wait til late fall (November or so) I'd be disappointed. I was able to get a reservation within the 1st hour of them opening up.

I think this is more or less a CYA tactic by Ford (smart idea).

Given the timeline (forget it if it was pre or post COVID) Job 1 would have been early December. With April deliveries. June is two months after that, so maybe things have shifted to the right and Ford is padding time, but is willing to spend the money to make things happen faster (as possible with OT and whatnot) because demand is strong. Plus we don't know how COVID is going to affect things the rest of the year...will it start to die out or will we see a spike in cases towards the fall/winter? Who knows.

Then figure the shake out from reservations to orders...how many of them are double orders from people trying to "game" dealerships or people not being able to complete their orders due to changes in their lives or getting a new car before then because they need one sooner then later.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeahhhhh same. Have my Ranger on a short little 2y lease ending in April 2021, directly planned that way for a shift into the Bronco. Oh well....hopefully I'm only extending by a few months and not 8.
Aren't you going to miss you Rangers Bed?

Sponsored

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeahhhhh same. Have my Ranger on a short little 2y lease ending in April 2021, directly planned that way for a shift into the Bronco. Oh well....hopefully I'm only extending by a few months and not 8.
I just turned mine in and save the monthly payment I was making in my "down payment" fund. It's like my own personal "Go Fund Me" account. :ROFLMAO:

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, this is unfortunate. What's the chances the early reservations still make it in fall '21?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

She couldn't drive it. I said AND? I told her this was going to by MY toy! not hers she could buy a auto if she wanted to.
I did that with my last Porsche, the sniping never ends on that....hence I will be getting an auto on the Bronco

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
If its a first come first serve, I'm banking on still getting the truck April/May of 2021 if we reserved within the first couple of days.
I'm guessing the reservations overshot expected numbers, so they're doing a CYA date push-back that may or may not affect those of us who got in relatively early.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way I see it is I just have more time for a bigger down payment. So I'm probably the only one happy about this lol
Same here. If I was getting mine in spring I would be cutting it close. An extra 6 months to a year is fine by me honestly.

It definitely sucks for people who are going to write a check though.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with the others saying more time to save for a bigger down payment. Also more time to save for accessories haha. I am hoping to not be too far down the list as I reserved the night of but we shall see. I just want the build and price to be up so I can spend hours on there.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be out if it took that long!
My lease is up this winter and I won’t wait another year to buy another one