First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could not find that tweet on Levine's twitter page... I joined twitter just to beg him for Manual Sasquatch, and only use it for Bronco news. I think somebody is F*cking with us.
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In all honesty if you're going to post stuff on Twitter and it changes you have to expect to take flack for it including when Ford has f**ked up this whole thing. The man has to learn to keep his mouth shut if he isn't sure about something and if Ford keeps changing things he should be smart enough to be more careful with his wording
It's his job to open his mouth, and the vitriol people have thrown at him isn't really fair; it's not his fault that Ford hasn't met released info on the timeframes we wanted. This thing with the x-plan is really the first time I've been with the pitchfork crowd on this site, but even that is just him relating info from higher ups.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welp, we shall see if I can still afford this thing when it comes time to order. Good thing I'm used to wanting stuff and not being able to afford it, haha.
See, this is a realistic and healthy way of looking at the situation. Iā€™m hopeful that all the ā€˜brinksmanshipā€ posts about folks bailing on their order go unfulfilled. For those That do bail TIA because I just reserved on October 17th.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's his job to open his mouth, and the vitriol people have thrown at him isn't really fair; it's not his fault that Ford hasn't met released info on the timeframes we wanted. This thing with the x-plan is really the first time I've been with the pitchfork crowd on this site, but even that is just him relating info from higher ups.
True, but itā€™s not even a ā€œMrLevine_FoMoCoā€ handle, itā€™s his personal account. No one twisted his arm to take the attention when everything was sunshine and unicorns either. He welcomed that attention with open arms, but now weā€™re supposed to feel bad for the guy taking heat? No sir, he couldā€™ve easily steered clear of all this by not taking the reigns of unofficial Ford Bronco mouthpiece on Twitter. Take the bad with the good my friend. If he couldnā€™t stand the heat, he shouldā€™ve stayed out of the kitchen.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm eligible for all plans but was planning on waiting a few years anyway.

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He doesn't make any sense. He's accusing people who use the xplan of cheating. That is literal nonsense.
No, I'm saying signing up for mca after putting in your reservation just to get an x plan pin is abusing the system and not how x plan was intended to be used. Especially when people are saying "i signed up and don't even have a mustang."

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welp, we shall see if I can still afford this thing when it comes time to order. Good thing I'm used to wanting stuff and not being able to afford it, haha.
It's been said a number of times in this thread but X-plan wasn't some super-discount. It was a slight savings. If it's the make or break on wether or not you could afford it....

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't see the part about cheating the system when i made that reply, so either it was edited or my coffee hasn't kicked in... so i agree with everything besides the cheating the system part. If you use something thats available, its not cheating, unless you aren't eligible for it. My thing is that its a new vehicle launch with high demand, you aren't going to see many incentives at launch. I'm actually impressed that you can get the other plan prices at launch.
Its sime. Its cheating the system to sign up for an mca membership just got get x plan AFTER you put in a reservation. The posts of "hey go sign up with mca and you can get an x plan pin" is just that. Cheating the system and not using x plan they way it was intended to be used. People flat posted that they signed up when they didn't even have a mustang lol. Thats abusing it lol

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I'm saying signing up for mca after putting in your reservation just to get an x plan pin is abusing the system and not how x plan was intended to be used. Especially when people are saying "i signed up and don't even have a mustang."
If that's the case then there should be a clause to prove you own a Mustang. It wasnt the only membership out there you could join to get X-Plan.

No different than X-plan being "friends and family."

You could like just look at the list for companies that have access to X-plan and ask and employee. You could probably just ask your mailman. I doubt it would be too challenging to get X-plan without even paying to sign up for anything.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's where I differ with your opinion. Not trying to get this political by any means, but the power is the hands of the masses. If a company does something we don't like, we, as a whole, don't buy from them. One individual has some power, but has a ton more when in connection with like minded individuals. If Ford seeks to screw over their early adopters, they're missed the script. We will not buy. We will tell our friends to not buy. We will do everything possible to make them the least amount of money as we can.

Had they chosen to reach out to us? We would have paid a premium. We would have been their best marketing team. We would have sung their praises. Now, we're buying a truck we think will benefit us selfishly. It no longer has anything to do with Ford. I'm going to do what it takes to make my fellow Granger buyers get the best deal, but when it comes to Ford, they get a giant middle finger in the air as many other companies do.

Chris
In the grand scheme of things, this forum is a fraction of a percentage of Bronco's that will be sold. And give it a few weeks and it will all blow over so we can complain about other things. lol

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you're sounding more and more like a dealer....
You mean I'm sounding like a realist. I'm both a dealer, and a customer. Ford has always maintained stipulations on their plans, so when there was the "everyone go sign up on mca to get x plan"... it was inevitable.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's been said a number of times in this thread but X-plan wasn't some super-discount. It was a slight savings. If it's the make or break on wether or not you could afford it....
I said this in another thread, but it seems the other shoe has dropped. Or... people are getting post nut clarity about now. Truthfully I thought we would see this inevitability after b&p was released but perhaps people are being more realistic given the leaks about their finances and the feasibility of buying a 50k vehicle in a recession

I think after the b&p releases, we will see a LOT more refunded reservations !

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me, the X-Plan was a guarantee that I wouldn't have to pay an extra $10k ADM because of the high demand. I'm fine with MSRP + my add-ons, especially as a Base buyer who only wants a couple of little things, and would live without them.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, the X-Plan was a guarantee that I wouldn't have to pay an extra $10k ADM because of the high demand. I'm find with MSRP + my add-ons, especially as a Base buyer who only wants a couple of little things, and would live without them.
X-plan was a way to force a shitty dealers hand. Find one that isn't charging you 10k. They're clearly out there.
Sponsored