Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it funny people say well Ford has to make a profit! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha!

They are. And will. X plan or not. Period. Even with all the rebates and kick backs and overhead. Ford motor company makes an average of $13500 on F150 trucks that is pure profit. If someone thinks this would hurt them to offer x plan you need a reality check in economics.
If they pay MSRP...who does that anymore?
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for correcting. Yes, customers always take the rebates off the car at time of purchase. Less to finance or cut a check for at that time. Better for sales tax
Oh no here in my area all the dealers try to charge tax on the sticker price. Then they manipulate the numbers, pay the taxes and keep the difference. You have to know going in or they will ram it to you. That is why dealerships get a bad name. Here 98% of the time you are at the dealership it feels like they have there hand in your pocket trying to take everything you have.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep getting this gross "look at this nasty ear wax" ad. I'd rather look at Jeeps.
Huh, I'm not getting any ads at all. I guess my ad blocker works.

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh no here in my area all the dealers try to charge tax on the sticker price. Then they manipulate the numbers, pay the taxes and keep the difference. You have to know going in or they will ram it to you. That is why dealerships get a bad name. Here 98% of the time you are at the dealership it feels like they have there hand in your pocket trying to take everything you have.
We don't do anything sales tax. That's between you and the dmv here lol. Our market sells stupid cheap. Were about volume not raking people over the coals. Yeah we try and make a profit, but we aren't bending anyone over with a deal. If we're making a profit we will do it. We leave zero room to negotiate though with how we advertise. For the record, we aren't even commission here

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We don't do anything sales tax. That's between you and the dmv here lol. Our market sells stupid cheap. Were about volume not raking people over the coals. Yeah we try and make a profit, but we aren't bending anyone over with a deal. If we're making a profit we will do it. We leave zero room to negotiate though with how we advertise. For the record, we aren't even commission here
A non commission dealership does give good deals on new cars usually. Don’t take this the wrong way because I have no idea what your dealership does, but from my experience those dealerships usually steal trades and make most of there money selling used cars. Like I said not yours but from my experience.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tried today to get a current list of dealer offers but it seems like few want to share info-so much for perfect knowledge for the consumer- Dealers win again.
With the new info, everyone is probably reviewing their plans and trying to decide if they want to change. As time goes by, I'd expect the pace of offers to pick up.

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A non commission dealership does give good deals on new cars usually. Don’t take this the wrong way because I have no idea what your dealership does, but from my experience those dealerships usually steal trades and make most of there money selling used cars. Like I said not yours but from my experience.
yeah but i hate that steals trades motto. ive found its either less off the vehicle and more on your trade or the other way around. keep in mind that the dealer is taking all the risk on trades. how many times have people tried to hide problems on their car to get a better trade value lol. thats the risk we are always taking. it would be easier to bump trades if people were willing to pay asking price on used cars, but everyone wants to beat us up on that too. so its get beat up on the price of new, the trade value, and then selling the used one. doesnt matter how good of a deal we are actually offering. for us decent dealerships, thats how we get treated. we get plenty of those "i dont care if you make money" and "you can make money, but just not on me" people all the time. the reality is were going to make money off you or you can leave. its a business and i dont expect anyone here to go to work for free, so why should we be free?

and if we got rid of dealerships, your deals would be much worse. that msrp is the price it would be. there would be no negotiating if we ditched dealers, so unless your buying a specialty vehicle, dealers can be a blessing. if there were no dealers, do you think Ford would sell direct to you for 10k off? nah. order it like a tesla and pay full price lol.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I in fact did my homework a few weeks ago and submitted an inquiry to Ford about X-Plan and another offer through my X-Plan organization. I received an email from Ford (AXZ&D Plan Program Headquarters) the next day confirming that the Bronco was eligible for X-Plan as well ad the other offer through my organization. (I still have the email along with the CRM#)

So yes, Ford is sending mixed messages. You would think that I would have received an email with this change from Ford, but nope...I found out on an internet forum. And that is another problem...we're finding out more about the Bronco from forums, tweets and internet articles rather than from Ford directly.

I get that Ford has a hot product and doesn't want to discount them. But that should have been stipulated from the beginning or Ford should have contacted those of us directly to let us know...especially those of us who Ford previously said yes to!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received an email from Ford (AXZ&D Plan Program Headquarters) the next day confirming that the Bronco was eligible for X-Plan as well ad the other offer through my organization. (I still have the email along with the CRM#)
Out of curiosity, could you paste in the email from Ford verifying X-Plan?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can tell you who not to believe. The dealer. :) Semi joking.

It's really all out of our control except to build a vehicle on B&P, order and wait. Regardless of what a dealer says now or at the time of order, most can and will play some games at the end under this system with a high demand Bronco. I'm hopeful that any markup many (including myself) will see does not cross the line where I have to walk away on principle, but I will. It will be my decision whether to take the shaft or let the guy who buys my order pay something I declined to pay. Definitely not a fun process as we really don't have control.

I'm not saying dealers like Granger or Stephens would do this as they seem very honest and transparent. However, after dealer switch date has passed and once the orders are placed, they could and there is nothing anyone can do about it. That's why it's not worth stressing.
There's always the option to walk away. Many dealers will sweeten the deal to keep you from doing so.
Sponsored