Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would def push the cost up to around the 1Up. Decisions, Decisions!

1612709973470.png

I bought the Kuat swingout to pair with my Recon Rack R5 for my future Bronco, 100% worth the cost. The Kuat was the slimmest profile swingout I could find and that weighed the least. Also the giant hollow pivot is BEEFY, way better design that any other swingout I've found.

Test fit it on my Colorado, works perfectly! The cam system in the Kuat swingout eliminates any rattle or slop in the hitch. Excited to put it on the back of my Bronco when it eventually arrives (whenever that will be haha...)!
Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I’ll use a hitch mount for my multi bike rack, I’m also going to get a tire mount rack that will stay more snug against the vehicle and swing away with the rear door like this one on a wrangler.

969CDCC6-A4F9-4094-8D7A-1F22FBDC70DD.jpeg

BDE805D0-8F08-4A5F-BFDE-DB4E7805686F.jpeg
Where exactly does this connect ? And doesn’t that weight it down too much ?

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where exactly does this connect ? And doesn’t that weight it down too much ?
The top rectangular frame of the rack sits over the top of the spare tire, and then a band cinches up tight around the tire. Since the rear camera is in the middle of the spare tire mount I think we would have to go with this type of design or something similar. Agree several bikes might be too heavy, but I plan to only use it when I’m just carrying 1 bike (which is most of the time for me). When I’m carrying multiple bikes I’ll use the hitch and a hitch bike carrier. I’m not getting the Sasquatch package, so I think the weight of my 1 bike (especially my road bike) will be less than the increased weight of a Sasquatch tire and the rear door is made to carry the weight of a Sasquatch tire. I’ve seen posts here on B6G that suggest an extra 30 pounds per Sasquatch wheel/tire, so that easily covers one bike if accurate.

744FA835-9E65-47C1-A4E7-B9D57063D833.jpeg

E39F76AB-EF8E-4F04-857E-56E826C6B37C.jpeg

FoolishClub

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious if anyone has thoughts here and could provide a point of view:

- MY2022 4door BB on order (not yet in production - originally ordered in March 2021). I think I'm going to remove the tow hitch package from my order to see if it speeds things up since this wait is killing me.
- Plan to instead buy Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2" Receiver, Select Ford Bronco (curtmfg.com)
- Own a Kuat Sherpa 2.0 tray bike rack, hence the need for the hitch (not towing anything).

Question:
- Anyone know if this hitch will fit the MY2022 model? The Curt website has it confirmed it'll fit the 2021 but nothing confirming 2022.
- The clearance for the bike rack is 7.5" from the securing hole in the hitch sleeve where the pin goes in to the first piece of the tray (when fully folded up). Diagram here: sherpa-2-fit_guide.pdf (kuat.com) . Can anyone point me to a rendering of the back of the MY2022 to see if this would be enough to clear the back tire? I'm guessing 99% it won't fit and I'll need to buy some kind of swing arm attachment or extender sleeve. Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:

FoolishClub

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious if anyone has thoughts here and could provide a point of view:

- MY2022 4door BB on order (not yet in production - originally ordered in March 2021). I think I'm going to remove the tow hitch package from my order to see if it speeds things up since this wait is killing me.
- Plan to instead buy Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2" Receiver, Select Ford Bronco (curtmfg.com)
- Own a Kuat Sherpa 2.0 tray bike rack, hence the need for the hitch (not towing anything).

Question:
- Anyone know if this hitch will fit the MY2022 model? The Curt website has it confirmed it'll fit the 2021 but nothing confirming 2022.
- The clearance for the bike rack is 7.5" from the securing hole in the hitch sleeve where the pin goes in to the first piece of the tray (when fully folded up). Diagram here: sherpa-2-fit_guide.pdf (kuat.com) . Can anyone point me to a rendering of the back of the MY2022 to see if this would be enough to clear the back tire? I'm guessing 99% it won't fit and I'll need to buy some kind of swing arm attachment or extender sleeve. Thoughts?

Thanks
Thinking something like this would work as an extension option:
Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extension - 2" Hitches - 7-1/4" Long Yakima Hitch Adapters Y69VR (etrailer.com)
or
Kuat Hi-Lo Pro Hitch Extension | REI Co-op

Sponsored

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the Bike Rack I have on Order. Not cheap but by far an amazing rack with all the features it has.
I have two E Mountain Bikes that Im planning on hauling around.

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX Sassy Style
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kuat Piston Pro X

This one is ridiculously pricey, but it works well with the Bronco. I ride 3-4 times a week, so my rack stays on at all times and needs to be super convenient.

With the Kuat HiLo attachment and folded in the stowed position, your camera view isn't blocked

With the HiLo attachment and rack folded all the way down, you clear sasquatch 35" tires as long as the first trays arm is up out of the way. It's a hydraulic arm and raises with the push of a button, so its super easy. With the non-sasquatch, I bet you wouldn't need to open the tray.

If you fold the 1st trays arm all the way down (manually), you can open your tailgate all the way out.

* Fords hydraulic tailgate feature, where it only opens up 3/4 of the way is great with bike racks. Keeps your tailgate from hitting bike when loaded and folded back.

** The Pro X is Kuats premium verson with Kashima hydraulics and integrated taillights. They will be coming out with the standard version at some point, and it should be more affordable. I'm not a fan of the integrated taillights and the Kashima is not necessary, if you want this rack and can wait for the standard version, thats what I would recommend.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) KuatCamera

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) KuatHilo

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) KuatFolded1

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) Kuatclearance

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) Kuatclearance1

hilo.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: