Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor, C63s, Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Software updates like start/stop might be turned off via air updates but it should not change the ECU tune.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the link. What we still don't know (as far as I know) is if the over-the-air Ford software updates will change computer updates back to stock. Do we know?
Any over the air updates will not affect the Whipple calibration. Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any over the air updates will not affect the Whipple calibration. Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.
I'm more interested in losing things like the double horn honk when i walk away and the auto stop.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm more interested in losing things like the double horn honk when i walk away and the auto stop.
The Whipple cal completely disables the auto start stop feature which won’t come back on with an over the air update. Whipple doesn’t touch the double honk feature so that will stay on unless disabled another way.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Whipple cal completely disables the auto start stop feature which won’t come back on with an over the air update. Whipple doesn’t touch the double honk feature so that will stay on unless disabled another way.
Will Whippple update the tune over time as they learn more about the vehicle and if so will those updates be free?

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will Whippple update the tune over time as they learn more about the vehicle and if so will those updates be free?
Great question. Updates are free when they become available. They can be emailed and loaded onto the Bronco with the Tomahawk device or updated over the air directly to the vehicle.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the link. What we still don't know (as far as I know) is if the over-the-air Ford software updates will change computer updates back to stock. Do we know?
I read that they are not effected by them. Sounds like a pretty clean tune. Still curious as to what ford will announce in the coming months.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this kill the warranty? The Roush Supercharger tune on my old truck was technically a Ford Performance tune so the warranty was still intact.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does this kill the warranty? The Roush Supercharger tune on my old truck was technically a Ford Performance tune so the warranty was still intact.
Putting any modifications on your Bronco including a calibration simply doesn't "kill" your warranty. Most of the time if you have a good service writer and mod friendly dealership you should be good to go. However in the event you do have a failure from a modification the dealer would need to prove that whatever you modified was the direct result of the failure. There's laws that protect consumers from stuff like this.

Hope that helps.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I read that they are not effected by them. Sounds like a pretty clean tune. Still curious as to what ford will announce in the coming months.
You are correct. The over the air updates will not write over the Whipple calibration. I actually got an update over the air on our Bronco a few days ago and nothing changed. The Bronco still rips and functions the same as it did before the update.

aframe009

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting any modifications on your Bronco including a calibration simply doesn't "kill" your warranty. Most of the time if you have a good service writer and mod friendly dealership you should be good to go. However in the event you do have a failure from a modification the dealer would need to prove that whatever you modified was the direct result of the failure. There's laws that protect consumers from stuff like this.

Hope that helps.
But I have found the dealerships sometimes put the burden of proof on the consumer. I am lucky and have a dealership where I live now that is aftermarket friendly. It helps that 5 Star Tuning is in my town and they buy multiple vehicles a year from them and mod every one.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Seems to me extremely unlikely that the warranty folks would ever find put about a flash to the ECM...first the ford tech would need to be ”tipped off” somehow to know that somehow something was not factory any longer.
So unless you blow your engine up or get into a wreck that is YOUR FAULT, the chances of anyone ever reading your computer for ”tunes” is less than winning the lottery.

I've already been down that road when a dodge p/u plowed into my wife...no atty or court was interesting in looking at the computer module from that speeding truck...even after I had onstar provide the court with our data from her H3.

These worrysome stories about this happening are just scare tactics. Unless you are diesel brothers or advertise what your doing wrong, you have nothing to fear but your own fear.
Sponsored