Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only way I see this even remotely working is if it's an in demand trim that's well equipped. Would a Badlands with Sasquatch, Lux and MIC get a little profit? yup. Would a mid packaged Big Bend be worth the trouble? HIGHLY doubtful. If you can find someone stupid enough to pay a markup go for it. Either way I don't see someone fool enough to drop $70-80K to save a few months of wait.
I think you underestimate the stupidity of the average American. As well as the need for instant gratification to flaunt the latest and greatest. Without question you can find someone with enough disposable income they will pay 10-20k MSRP to get a vehicle that hasn’t been produced in 25 years.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Only way I see this even remotely working is if it's an in demand trim that's well equipped. Would a Badlands with Sasquatch, Lux and MIC get a little profit? yup. Would a mid packaged Big Bend be worth the trouble? HIGHLY doubtful. If you can find someone stupid enough to pay a markup go for it. Either way I don't see someone fool enough to drop $70-80K to save a few months of wait.
My reservation is for a first edition. Someone (Californian) will want the title and won’t bat at an eye at 10/20k over sticker. Look at the current raptors. They’re selling over sticker for the last generation. If I don’t get what I want I’ll keep it and trade it for a warthog when those come out.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you underestimate the stupidity of the average American. As well as the need for instant gratification to flaunt the latest and greatest. Without question you can find someone with enough disposable income they will pay 10-20k MSRP to get a vehicle that hasn’t been produced in 25 years.
Oh, no...I know people are dumb. I've sold a PS3 for $2500 that went to an 8 year old as well as a $4k rifle for almost $9k. I just think the people that were willing to drop the bucks on a Bronco already have an order and I just don't see a willingness to throw such money at a vehicle that will be fairly common this time next year. Heck, as a person who will more than likely end up with a 21MY I welcome fools to pay huge amounts for Bronco.

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The chip shortage and scarcity of new cars may also increase the price for those planning to sell upon delivery.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As far future collectability I am not so sure. Personally, I don't feel like any modern car will fetch crazy values into the future like the classics from the 50s 60s 70s have. Back then you could literally order any option a la carte which led to some really unique and rare builds. Also if your dealer knew the right people you could get something truly unique. Example, back in the day my pops order a 69 442 W-30 in a color that wasn't offered on the 442. You can't do that kind of stuff anymore so no modern car builds will really be as rare as ones from back in the day.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while my 30+ year old solar powered pocket calculator still works, I don't have the same confidence in these computers on wheels we have nowadays. Who knows how many sensors there are, computers, chips. Will anybody still support this computer tech in 30 or 50 years? I seriously doubt it. I have windows and mac laptops that are only bricks nowadays, no software, no support, nothing. I expect the same for any modern tech loaded car. Not that I really care what this thing might be worth in 30 years, if I'm still around I'll be enjoying my self driving surrounds sound movie mobile, enjoying classic movies while being taken where I need to go. Which at that age will not be wheeling is my guess :-D

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in 50 years no one will be allowed to drive gas cars