Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm still trying to finalize in my mind what my build will be. I am leaning away from anything that I can bolt on myself like bumper and rail upgrades. The aftermarket will come out with some pretty trick designs and I won't add that cost to my loan. I'm more interested in the hard options, like electronics, engine, leather (maybe) and a lightbar unless the wiring and switch is already there.
Sponsored

Dougc39

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I saw the rear drawer, the first thing I wanted to know I wanted to know was whether the drawer was the same height as the seat...if so, base Sasquatch 2.3 with the performance tune and a rear drawer.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw the rear drawer, the first thing I wanted to know I wanted to know was whether the drawer was the same height as the seat...if so, base Sasquatch 2.3 with the performance tune and a rear drawer.
Looks higher than the seat

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Waiting to see what off road recovery kits include. The one on B & P is a joke. Right now, mine is a WWII trench tool and a 25' chain, yes, me and my neighbor both know where we keep our chains, we've used them that much. Other than extra lights, probably the first accessory I'll be looking into to see if I can put one together myself better/cheaper...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting to see what off road recovery kits include. The one on B & P is a joke. Right now, mine is a WWII trench tool and a 25' chain, yes, me and my neighbor both know where we keep our chains, we've used them that much. Other than extra lights, probably the first accessory I'll be looking into to see if I can put one together myself better/cheaper...
You're going to want to upgrade that my friend. I know you can work your way around a rig, but please just hear me out. I'm going to add some extra for future readers of this post also.

We don't use chains anymore. Snatch rope (kinetic), or tow rope are multiples stronger than the chains ever were.

I have a Deadman kit (it's a brand). Deadman recovery kits are expensive ($500), but include a large tree protector, rugged bag, a very good shovel, and soft shackles.

My kinetic rope is a cheap one and can't remember the name as the tag has rubbed off. Think I may grab a Voodoo rope for the Bronco ($200).

With bow shackles on the Bronco recovery points and trailer hitch, you'll have what you need. MaxTrox are also strongly suggested. ($300), skip the cheap ones.

All in, you can spend a small fortune, but one actual recovery in the woods will likely be $1500 to drag your ass off a trail.

There are cheaper good options other than Deadman where you can save $100 to $200. Sure Bow shackles work, but when they come apart, they fly like artillery.

I ordered the winch, and that alone is $2500 and will mostly be used as my primary recovery tool, but still need a kit, so suggest being safe.

Would rather be over prepared than under. You'll always find some cheap ass loser on the trail who gets stuck. I drag more idiots out far more than myself or the team I'm ever wheeling with, so it's good to help others and provide them a way to learn without paying a steep price.

For those new to this and reading, start piece by piece. A rope and bow shackles are the first things to buy so your buddy can drag you out of a spot or ditch. Alwqys bring your own tool kit even if you can't use them, these don't need to cost a lot, and buy something sturdy and water resistant to keep your kit in, it's as important as food, not as much as water, but you get what I'm saying.

Last, buy some communications. A handheld is fine to start and in an emergency. HAM radio has ton of range. Garmin InReach is strongly suggested for wheeling and hiking.

Sorry for long post, but felt this was a good place to cover some bases for everyone's benefit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hold up. Someone actually *wants* those fender flares?
I actually do like those big steel wing fenders. They look just like formula offroad. At some point in its life Im gonna put Boggers on my Bronco and those flares look like they will keep my VB paint pretty.

Yall have some pretty good ideas for your Broncos. I want to do the shafts and axles to make sure its tougher than I need. And have the stock stuff for trail spares. I did forget about the underbody lights I definitely want those given the fair price installed. Some of the stuff like the air compressor and lightbars I think I will wait for a while. Bumpers, sliders, and winch mount I will likely fabricate myself. I am definitely not getting a Bronco till sometime next year so I will be learning whats good and what isnt from yall. My build must have a couple key things MT, rubber floors, strong axles. Thats why I'm 2.3 mansquatch BD unless I strike oil and get Badlands. I am really glad about the factory drivetrain upgrades, thats like getting the right tow package in the 70s and getting a Nodular Iron 9" rear. Its nice to have piece of mind when spinning tires wildly.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're going to want to upgrade that my friend. I know you can work your way around a rig, but please just hear me out. I'm going to add some extra for future readers of this post also.

We don't use chains anymore. Snatch rope (kinetic), or tow rope are multiples stronger than the chains ever were.

I have a Deadman kit (it's a brand). Deadman recovery kits are expensive ($500), but include a large tree protector, rugged bag, a very good shovel, and soft shackles.

My kinetic rope is a cheap one and can't remember the name as the tag has rubbed off. Think I may grab a Voodoo rope for the Bronco ($200).

With bow shackles on the Bronco recovery points and trailer hitch, you'll have what you need. MaxTrox are also strongly suggested. ($300), skip the cheap ones.

All in, you can spend a small fortune, but one actual recovery in the woods will likely be $1500 to drag your ass off a trail.

There are cheaper good options other than Deadman where you can save $100 to $200. Sure Bow shackles work, but when they come apart, they fly like artillery.

I ordered the winch, and that alone is $2500 and will mostly be used as my primary recovery tool, but still need a kit, so suggest being safe.

Would rather be over prepared than under. You'll always find some cheap ass loser on the trail who gets stuck. I drag more idiots out far more than myself or the team I'm ever wheeling with, so it's good to help others and provide them a way to learn without paying a steep price.

For those new to this and reading, start piece by piece. A rope and bow shackles are the first things to buy so your buddy can drag you out of a spot or ditch. Alwqys bring your own tool kit even if you can't use them, these don't need to cost a lot, and buy something sturdy and water resistant to keep your kit in, it's as important as food, not as much as water, but you get what I'm saying.

Last, buy some communications. A handheld is fine to start and in an emergency. HAM radio has ton of range. Garmin InReach is strongly suggested for wheeling and hiking.

Sorry for long post, but felt this was a good place to cover some bases for everyone's benefit.
Great stuff. I carry a strap and a snatch block on my 4 wheeler to compliment the winch. When I have to anchor to a tree, I use the strap, only have had to use the winch a couple of times to free someone else, the strap usually does the trick. My backyard is my play ground, hundreds of acres of state forest. Saw a pic of two of the dealer available kits somewhere on the forum, the $300 one looked like it included most of the stuff I would want, having never put together one for 4 wheeling in a a vehicle.
If you can find an old trenching tool, they are far superior to what I've seen out there now, you can configure them to work as a hoe and pick as well as a shovel...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great stuff. I carry a strap and a snatch block on my 4 wheeler to compliment the winch. When I have to anchor to a tree, I use the strap, only have had to use the winch a couple of times to free someone else, the strap usually does the trick. My backyard is my play ground, hundreds of acres of state forest. Saw a pic of two of the dealer available kits somewhere on the forum, the $300 one looked like it included most of the stuff I would want, having never put together one for 4 wheeling in a a vehicle.
If you can find an old trenching tool, they are far superior to what I've seen out there now, you can configure them to work as a hoe and pick as well as a shovel...
Ok, so you do use a strap? Well shit. I was just rambling on for nothing. When you mentioned a chain, it threw me off. My dad swore by just using a chain and shackles for years until I finally won him over back in like 2006.

Yes, the kit from Ford looks ok; no idea who made it for the rebrand. I like the deadman because you can toss over a big rock, or anchor in sand with your spare once you dig the hole.

Shovel with the Deadman kit was the big winner for me, it's serrated at the tip (has sharp teeth) Likely can be a good weapon in a pinch. (strong guys wonderin in the woods these days all in paramilitary gear. Hard to know when hostile.

There's a ground anchor for around $150 I've seen for when you're alone, and there is no live tree around, it'll hook in the ground once you bury a bit.

I've got some acreage down in South Alabama that I timber. Can't wheel for shit since it's so flat and woody, but feral hog hunting, deer, and wild turkey is fun for me. Have to drive over ever so often to check the property and my timber. Can't trust guys very much; shame.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whe
I'm just going to play it by ear. Use the thing and figure out what I want/need.

I want to get a roof rack whenever it's available though Parts since I can't order one with my build.

I want to get a soft top for most of the year.

I'd like to see a dual ARB compressor mounting solution. Apparently Ford came up with one but it's not available until Q4.

The swing gate table interests me, but so does the slide out tailgate. IIRC they can't both be installed. So I'll have to decide what's more important.

Probably a sun shade but I want to wait and see if JTops will have one. Maybe some tube doors.

I'd like to know more about the 2.7 performance tune.

Maybe some KC spots.

Other than those, I'm pretty happy with my stock build. So far. We'll see.
Where did you see the slide out tailgate and drop down table can’t be installed together?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, so you do use a strap? Well shit. I was just rambling on for nothing. When you mentioned a chain, it threw me off. My dad swore by just using a chain and shackles for years until I finally won him over back in like 2006.

Yes, the kit from Ford looks ok; no idea who made it for the rebrand. I like the deadman because you can toss over a big rock, or anchor in sand with your spare once you dig the hole.

Shovel with the Deadman kit was the big winner for me, it's serrated at the tip (has sharp teeth) Likely can be a good weapon in a pinch. (strong guys wonderin in the woods these days all in paramilitary gear. Hard to know when hostile.

There's a ground anchor for around $150 I've seen for when you're alone, and there is no live tree around, it'll hook in the ground once you bury a bit.

I've got some acreage down in South Alabama that I timber. Can't wheel for shit since it's so flat and woody, but feral hog hunting, deer, and wild turkey is fun for me. Have to drive over ever so often to check the property and my timber. Can't trust guys very much; shame.
Yeah, I only have one on my 4 wheeler, carry the chain in my truck. Not feeling the love for having a chain in the Bronco, so I'm glad I reached out to get advice up in here. A complete kit with a bag is appealing, but I will put my own together if better/cheaper. Will keep the chain in my truck...

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MadMan4BamaNTNL has the right idea seeing what Icon can do with the Bronco suspension. I'm waiting on them as well. I've been utilizing them since the Donahoe Racing days when Kraig was still involved. I had a 2001 F250 7.3 with their suspension put under it in 2003. I was happy to see the right guys and gals were able to keep it going under Icon. They have always been expensive, but the design, engineering, and personal customer service are second to none. I'm betting not getting the Sasquatch package that they have something in store for the Bronco.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going Sasquatch, so I’m lucky they let me add floor liners. A Bronco branded drink cup might literally be the straw that broke the ? back. Good ol’ GVWR

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNTNL has the right idea seeing what Icon can do with the Bronco suspension. I'm waiting on them as well. I've been utilizing them since the Donahoe Racing days when Kraig was still involved. I had a 2001 F250 7.3 with their suspension put under it in 2003. I was happy to see the right guys and gals were able to keep it going under Icon. They have always been expensive, but the design, engineering, and personal customer service are second to none. I'm betting not getting the Sasquatch package that they have something in store for the Bronco.
Wow, that's awesome! I don't go back that far with them. :) But I am a fan. Got a buddy with a Rubicon who changed out everything for a full ICON work up and another buddy with a newer 4 Runner who did similar. Both have 3 1/2 inch lifts. The Rubicon is on 37" and the 4Runner is on 35". After driving both rigs on some rocky trials, I was sold. No disrespect to other builders, as I have respect for most all of the major brands.

That ICON is expensive and both these boys have some coin to burn, but we're all just boys from Bama and enjoy being outside.

I hope that ICON either already has something cooking in the shop, or have been reading me go on and on about them since July on the forum and plan to make me a test case, because I'd offer up my rig at any point for them. Ha ha!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the prevailing wisdom on compressors? Better to get one that does not take up space in the cargo area and add weight when not in use, or opt for the onboard (engine bay) model?
Sponsored