Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The electric brake system is needed to be able to use trail turn assist as far as I’m aware.
Different feature, but I think TTA uses (one) of the e brakes to lock the inside rear.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your link is literally worthless
The link was for @Zeebo390 who seemed to know about the issues. The link, a search for 2.3 Carbon, is the result of direct injection. If you read the search items in that link you will come to understand the issues about direct injection on the 2.3 engine and its carbon buildup problems. Further reading will show you that an oil "catch can" is one solution.

You can lead a horse to water...

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think an oil catch can would be much help with this problem?
It’ll help knock out PCV oil carryover but it won’t do anything for EGR exhaust soot or condensation. I haven’t seen inside a DI-only + EGR engine before so no idea how much of a problem it can cause. Although I’ve been searching the Ranger forums and it doesn’t sound like they are seeing much...at least not yet.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weird I wonder why TTA can’t be used with the manual then since the parking brake uses electric actuators on both.
Maybe they are afraid you won't be smart enough to prevent a stall if you used in in good traction?

qwaves

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1250 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Specs are pretty helpful. and illuminating. Weight stands out to me the most. A Bronco of 50 years ago weighed under 3500 lbs. Now you constantly hear that this is about all the safety features, and added electronics, and most of this is true. Frame flex on those old Broncos is real, (or was real). However today we have a lot more aluminum and plastics. It is what it is, and it weighs what it weighs.
And speaking of weight, it is really about power to weight. A Base with nothing added has 15.62 lbs/hp with two passengers, while a 2.7 equipped BL with the same 400 lbs added will have 16.72 lbs per hp. That's right. A 4 banger Base has a better power to weight ratio than a loaded Badlands with the V6. Your best numbers here come from a Base with a 2.7. Here with an added 200 lbs you get 14.72 lbs/hp. Not bad.
Of course the auto is better at getting just the right gear all the time, but weight is important for acceleration. My buddy who doesn't believe this went out to prove how fast his Hummer got to 70 mph. He never returned.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your link doesn't present any of that I formation at all. It's a link to this websites shitty search function in which the "most relevant" result is is literal the post you made with the link to the search results in it followed by a link to someone joking about looking for carbon build up at one of the dealer showings. After that it's mostly links going to posts talking about a color with the word "carbon" in it.

Again literally worthless
For someone trying to help, you have a funny, entitled, way of showing appreciation. I spelled it out for you in my last post, no sentence or two can give you the details that are only available by reading the dozens of posts on the problem by those that have experienced it. The short version, direct injection can cause carbon build up in the 2.3 engine, an "oil catch can" is one possible solution. The 2.7 engine with port injection does not have this problem.

If you don't know how to search the internet, here is my last tip:
Go to google.com
Replace the ??? below with the search term you want to use, to the left of the word site.
??? site:bronco6g.com

You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him drink.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The electric brake system is needed to be able to use trail turn assist as far as I’m aware.
Yes, but it make adding supplemental brakes for flat towing harder, and more complicated, vacuum booster is a snap!

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may have missed it someplace (whether in a spec or an in-person measurement posts), but have we seen the width with mirrors out? Lots of info on height, but this is the last piece I am looking for in regard to garage setup. Anyone seen that measurement or have it?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting I never considered that.

What’s involved with normal systems that might be different with the electric booster?
If you use a portable system that sits on the driver's floor (BlueOx) with the brake pedal arm, or the tow bar unit with the cable thru the firewall (ReadyBrake) to the pedal you are good....., if tow mode activates the brake boost pump. I use the Roadmaster InvisiBrake system on a vacuum booster vehicle, which will not work on a electronic actuated boost system. I have an email in to roadmaster asking if they plan to make a plug in interface unit that will activate the electronic boost unit using the vacuum produced by my system. If not I will have to start from scratch which will suck.
I am not sure if the purely mechanical systems will work on the 2.7's system with the push to start off, or if tow mode activates the boost pump when selected. Ford has as usual not supplied any info on this so far.... you know how to grow mushrooms right?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Appreciate the break down. It appears many vehicles are switching to electric boosters now.

I believe you’d be fine with pedal pushing systems as from what I’ve researched showed that you want absolutely zero vehicle assist on the brake systems because it could cause over braking. They’re supposedly strong enough to apply unassisted braking. Don’t know much more than what I was able to dig up in some videos and forums.
I use the RVI system, love it. On vacuum systems you cycle 3 times to burn off vacuum. On electric systems you're good because booster does not run unless ignition is on.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the RVI system, love it. On vacuum systems you cycle 3 times to burn off vacuum. On electric systems you're good because booster does not run unless ignition is on.
The RIB system uses proportional braking pressure so it can't over brake, my BlueOx portable used to lock up the cars brakes once in awhile at low speed, why I switched. I can set how much pressure is applied to the pedal, you want just enough braking to offset the toad's weight, no more. Best way to set it is to use an empty parking lot and measure normal stopping distance without the toad from say 30 mph, then adjust pedal pressure to stop in the same distance with the toad connected. This way the toad will not push or drag on your RV. I have towed a car for many thousands of miles and the Roadmaster system is the best, harder to install, but once installed hookup is just plugging in the tow lights. The roadmaster system is designed to power your booster so you have your power brakes working normally without undue pressure being applied, not sure if it can work without the vacuum line connected.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think its an issue of the 2.3 not being explicitly designed for turbo use, and the 2.7 is.
So the 2.3 already rolls off the line with a vacuum pump and the 2.7 doesn't.
So I have a 2011 F150 w/ the 3.5l 1st gen ecoboost (230k miles), and honestly, it hasn't had the valve caking problems that everyone seems to talk about. Perhaps it's because I flog it like a dead cat, but I wasn't worried about having the additional port injection. I suspect that this occurs more under light loads and high vacuum, which my truck doesn't see very often.

royalkcprime

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram Rebel / 1967 Pontiac Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the height from the ground up and including the 35s for the sasquatch model too? Is this with the height with Hardtop?
I believe you’ll want to look at the Wildtrak height, as that will include the Sasquatch package standard. This would be to the top of the vehicle.

FastFreddy

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, '72 F250, '14 GT500, '17 F350, '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone taken delivery of a Badlands Sasq and put a tape measure on the actual width?
Sponsored