Sponsored

2021 VINs will get delayed to 2022 won't they?

Do you think 2021 vins will get pushed to 2022?

• Total voters

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 door order here. Just got another delay, to december 13th. I was supposed to be built in june. I know plenty of you are in a similar position. I have been told that all 2021 vins will get built before the 2022s. Something I have to ask, what is so special about this final month? They have had several months to build these things, I seriously have no fucking clue what the hold up is. If they have not been able to build my car in the last 5 months, how am I supposed to have faith that this magical final month they will pull through? There must be something up with the 2 doors that they arent telling us. I honestly think alot of us 2021 VINS will get an email in late decmeber saying that we have been moved to 2022. Considering I have had to wait thru half a year if nothing but delay emails, and 2022s are getting build weeks, and I am STILL getting delayed, I don't see it getting built any time soon. Those of you that have not yet gotten VINS yet consider yourself lucky, this is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen in my life. Anyone know whats happening?
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I doubt they push you into my22. They would have to reissue a vin to every one who doesn’t get built. You’ll probably get built in the final weeks of my21 and take delivery in 2022. That’s what I would be more upset with if I were you.

OP
OP

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I doubt they push you into my22. They would have to reissue a vin to every one who doesn’t get built. You’ll probably get built in the final weeks of my21 and take delivery in 2022. That’s what I would be more upset with if I were you.
The fact that they are STILL delaying people this late into 2021 production AFTER extending the 2021 build dates into late december just screams that they have no idea what they are doing. I remember people telling me that there would be no way in hell my order would be pushed passed september yet here we are. I just don't understand how they are gonna get these out before the 22MY. I understand the whole chip shortage are hard top shit but its turning into a joke. I wish they were more open about why 2 doors are getting delayed after the hard top issue is resolved.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy shit you're delayed since june???? that's so fucked up and frustrating, I'm sorry

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First day reservation
First day order
April 15th Vin # And built week of 6/14
Then week of 6/28
Then week of 7/5
Then week of 8/23
Then week of 8/9 (I got excited since it went back)
Then to day 9/29
Then week of 10/11
Then to day 11/9
Sent to plant 11/1
Finally built 11/9
Sent to upfitter 11/9
Scheduled delivery 11/18-11/24
Today is the 20th and still nothing.
I'm in Florida and the Bronco was ordered in Indiana near our Summer home.
We are going to a wedding on 12/4 in Indiana so we're planning to get there on the 2nd to hope fully pick it up on the 3rd if it gets delivered.
Ford sent me an e mail a month or two ago telling me I was getting my 2 door Bronco for 2021 (2021 Vin #).
So hang in there and hope they were right!
You can ask your dealer to give you a visibility report and it will show what's happening.
Lou

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Holy shit you're delayed since june???? that's so fucked up and frustrating, I'm sorry
The worst part is I am driving a lease that I was supposed to turn in last summer. So every month it gets delayed thats another $600 in lease fees I have to pay. (Long story short I originally didnt have to pay for the lease but some shit happened and now I am stuck with it and have to pay for it)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they were more open about why 2 doors are getting delayed after the hard top issue is resolved.
Did you type IS instead of WAS resolved?

Judging by a few pics I have seen of the MIC 2.0 flaws and few blemishes on mine ...

I do not believe the issue has been resolved.

At least one of my front panels has the snakeskin pattern coming through.

Ford Bronco 2021 VINs will get delayed to 2022 won't they? 1637463057129

OP
OP

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you type IS instead of WAS resolved?

Judging by a few pics I have seen of the MIC 2.0 flaws and few blemishes on mine ...

I do not believe the issue has been resolved.

At least one of my front panels has the snakeskin pattern coming through.

Ford Bronco 2021 VINs will get delayed to 2022 won't they? 1637463057129
I know there are issues with the 2.0, I'm just going off what they told me. I would have to re read it but I'm pretty sure they sent out a mass email last summer implying they fixed it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Under Federal regulation, a model year cannot contain the January of a different year. So, Ford legally cannot build MY21s after 31 Dec.

They can push out the changeover from MY21 to MY22 to later in December, but they can't legally build 21s once it is January. They would have to cancel VINs and issue new ones.

I don't know what kind of fines or penalties would be involved, but Ford has a few more options before cancelling VINs.

Steveo21

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 door order here. Just got another delay, to december 13th. I was supposed to be built in june. I know plenty of you are in a similar position. I have been told that all 2021 vins will get built before the 2022s. Something I have to ask, what is so special about this final month? They have had several months to build these things, I seriously have no fucking clue what the hold up is. If they have not been able to build my car in the last 5 months, how am I supposed to have faith that this magical final month they will pull through? There must be something up with the 2 doors that they arent telling us. I honestly think alot of us 2021 VINS will get an email in late decmeber saying that we have been moved to 2022. Considering I have had to wait thru half a year if nothing but delay emails, and 2022s are getting build weeks, and I am STILL getting delayed, I don't see it getting built any time soon. Those of you that have not yet gotten VINS yet consider yourself lucky, this is the most obnoxious thing I have ever seen in my life. Anyone know whats happening?
Sounds like I’m in the same boat as you. December 13th could be our lucky number.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like I’m in the same boat as you. December 13th could be our lucky number.
The thing is what gives you faith about the 13th? I thought that about november 15th, and november 29th, and december 6th, and I was 100% sure there would be no way it would get delayed again and it did. We WILL get delayed again, lets face it. I feel like there are a bunch of 2 doors that are forever stuck in limbo that won't ever get built.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well knock wood, my 2dr BL is still on schedule for 11/23,

OP
OP

Nrthstar

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well knock wood, my 2dr BL is still on schedule for 11/23,
What was the first build date they gave you? I doubt they would push you back this close to the build date. I have been delayed about 13 times now and they usually do it a week or two prior.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was the first build date they gave you? I doubt they would push you back this close to the build date. I have been delayed about 13 times now and they usually do it a week or two prior.
thats the only build date I ever got. Placed my deposit on 3/19/21. It’s a straight up carbonized gray BL NON SAS, just under 50k.

Bonehunter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330ix BMW. 2500HD Chevy. Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-14 vin#
6-15 first build date
just moved to 12-6
Zero confidence at this point. Just hope to have it by spring.
Sponsored