Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im thinking about it. However arguing the free market can fix something like this is just uneducated.

There is no free market solution to this problem. These companies are not actually guided by customers anymore and have not been for some time. They are guided by stock speculation and news articles that make people buy stock or sell stock.

Fords entire value right now is based on the lightning and the ev mustang becoming hits. If those launches are anything like the bronco , guess what. Bailout time.
The government bailed me out, why is that such a bad thing?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too bad they didn’t keep these and get rid of the ASS chip instead
If they did that, they'd have to provide alternatives. Ass, gas, or grass... Nobody rides for free.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no free market solution to this problem. … They are guided by stock speculation and news articles that make people buy stock or sell stock.
Not sure which “free market” you’re used to but this lines up exactly with the “free market“ I’ve experienced my entire life.

Ford is incentivized to keep production high both for sales and confidence in the stock. How do you expect them to keep sales high if they can’t procure the same part they did for last year’s models? Just produce a fraction of the projected cars until the supplier caves or they line up another? What does that say to the next supplier who demands a 4x price hike? Does Ford cave to them to?

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
pretty sure both the 8in and 12in screens will show temperature in a little pop up overlay on screen when you touch a knob, so they probably have these new knobs on both — the implication made here is that the LED display knobs would have added almost $1000 in cost per bronco
yeah that sounds right. I know when I manually lower the fans, a little pop up overlay displays. I haven't really touched the temp since winter hit. So I can't recall off hand. but that sounds accurate.

I was just wondering as it seems they moved it on the 12 in screens to display at the top all the time vs pop up. But I guess if also removed on the 8in, they could use a temp pop up or 'pull down' to show the temps.

still sucks. i feel for those not getting it. as i've been mentioned with a few other things, it's about user experience, and this can be filed under bad user experience. It's not needed, heat/ac still work just fine, but it takes away from the user experience.

If it is bc of the chips, Ford should have noted that on the window sticker. I was looking at Tahoe's in 2021 and I remember seeing notes on their window sticker. Something along the lines of "not included bc of chips" or whatever. Then knock off $50 or whatever. (chips aren't expensive)

That simple thing would leave customers at least understanding why it's missing. So much Ford has done has been to change things in the hopes no one would notice. Awful leadership.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure which “free market” you’re used to but this lines up exactly with the “free market“ I’ve experienced my entire life.

Ford is incentivized to keep production high both for sales and confidence in the stock. How do you expect them to keep sales high if they can’t procure the same part they did for last year’s models? Just produce a fraction of the projected cars until the supplier caves or they line up another? What does that say to the next supplier who demands a 4x price hike? Does Ford cave to them to?
ya but production isnt high , yet orders are up. Thats not actual sales and if anything its bad valuation. yet their stock valuation is going up despite this.

the reason its going up is press surrounding the EV's. Thats it. If ford fails at all on these cars its going to be very bad day for them.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya that’s a pretty big downgrade in appearance and mucking up the infotainment.
Of the 5 guys that said yes, the first one has a photos of an FE in his sig, and another guys has an AMB. lol. Yeah, probably a polling mistake.
Probably not a mistake. I usually vote to screw up poll results as well. This one has some merit so I voted correctly.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…

still sucks. i feel for those not getting it. as i've been mentioned with a few other things, it's about user experience, and this can be filed under bad user experience. It's not needed, heat/ac still work just fine, but it takes away from the user experience.

…
100% agree it’s a bummer — I like having my temp readout readily accessible on the knob, but totally understand Ford’s decision to change things when under a supplier crunch. A small concession like 10,000 more reward points to cover all “changes caused by supply chain” would go a long way as well.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya but production isnt high , yet orders are up. Thats not actual sales and if anything its bad valuation. yet their stock valuation is going up despite this.

the reason its going up is press surrounding the EV's. Thats it. If ford fails at all on these cars its going to be very bad day for them.
You’re arguing that Ford should just abandon all ICE vehicle production and instead focus every plant on EV production it seems. Why would ford continue manufacturing cars that don’t have an effect on their sales/stock price? Clearly they know more about what effects their bottom line than we do

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These are interesting times indeed. As someone with a new order just placed, it's disappointing.

Truth is, I didn't notice it when test driving a 21 Wildtrak. Would I have noticed my 22 or maybe 23 doesn't have it? Probably not... But that's what the internet and social media has done. Everything is heightened.

And so it is disappointing because it feels something was removed, which I get that it's on the display now, but still, software upgrade might give the 21s with BOTH features, knobs and display.

The newer it is the more it should have...

Guess 21 models will be first editions and inaugural years for a reason.

Hold on to those collector's items!

tenor.gif

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are interesting times indeed. As someone with a new order just placed, it's disappointing.

Truth is, I didn't notice it when test driving a 21 Wildtrak. Would I have noticed my 22 or maybe 23 doesn't have it? Probably not... But that's what the internet and social media has done. Everything is heightened.

And so it is disappointing because it feels something was removed, which I get that it's on the display now, but still, software upgrade might give the 21s with BOTH features, knobs and display.

The newer it is the more it should have...

Guess 21 models will be first editions and inaugural years for a reason.

Hold on to those collector's items!

tenor.gif
It's always been on the display. It's an integrated part of Sync in basically all the Ford vehicles with 8+" screens.

It's really a non issue. The temperature knob is down so low that looking down at it when adjusting doesn't really make sense. You can glance down at the display faster and have eyes back on the road.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re arguing that Ford should just abandon all ICE vehicle production and instead focus every plant on EV production it seems. Why would ford continue manufacturing cars that don’t have an effect on their sales/stock price? Clearly they know more about what effects their bottom line than we do
that isnt what i argued at all. I said the only reason the bronco DISASTER isnt completely destroying their valuation is that financial media does not give a shit about it when the electric f150 is on the way.

"clearly they know more about what effects their bottom line more than we do"

the people running corporations today are not who you think they are. arguably the only real car maker in the US is elon musk. And im not even a fan of tesla cars. Man is building actual factories and supply chains. while juggling a space industry.

ford cant even ship the bronco because its run by "people who clearly know more about what effects their bottom line more than we do"
Sponsored