Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I just don't get it. My 2019 F150 Lariat doesn't have the temperature in the knobs and my 2022 Wildtrak doesn't have them either. I get the info from the screen in both cases, I just don't, IMO, consider it a big deal either way.

To those who have them and love them, :)
To those that don't have them and are upset, :(
To those that are indifferent, :rolleyes:

To those just rocking the trails . . . :cool:
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been driving a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus for the last 3 years. It didn't come with the temp readout on the knob, only on the screen. It really wouldn't make a difference to me either way. Now, not having memory seats, cooled seats and auto wipers, that may take a while to get used to.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2023 Code Orange Raptor just showed up... And yes, ITS TRUE.... Digital temp knobs are back for 2023...

These are the first 2 pics right off the truck. It hasn't even been cleaned up yet. I promise to post more once its done.

0.jpg

1.jpg
Congrats on the raptor looks amazing

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know I started all this, but even now that I own the digital readout knobs, I still dont even know why it matters that I can read the temperature anywhere... even on the screen.... It just seems unnecessary in a car. If I am warm, I am going to spin the knob left. If I am cold, I am going to spin the knob right. I truly dont care what it says the actual temperature is. If its not comfortable, I am not keeping it where it is.

Sponsored

sukabad

Big Bend
First Name
Garison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2002 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Forget the temp indicator. I can live with it being on the screen. Just give me a power indicator light so that I know the system is on!
This is so true. Sometimes I can't hear the fan running to know if it's on or off.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is probably true 🤣. I guess I don’t know what I am missing. Ignorance is bliss 😀.

Also, I am not a fan of “self driving” tech. I am a fan of safety tech.

ABS and stability control IMO saves lives. ACC is a convenience (vs safety) that allows a driver to become complacent and less attentive while driving and that is also why I don’t want it. I don’t want driving tech that makes my lazy. But that’s me.

ive done two 12-hour road trips this year andi was fine with old fashioned cruise control.
Definitely agreed on the convenience breeds complacency theory.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The screen temperatures were obvious, but you want to know what is even more obvious, illuminated indicator on the button one pushes. BTW, why bother with temp displays in the control knobs when these obvious temp displays are on the screen? It is just the geezer oozing from my pores. Lol
I have to update my post, and I probably should have remembered this from earlier discussions on the topic.
Ducati told us correctly that the temp display shows on the screen when the system is on, however it ONLY does this when on the Ford Sync app. Anything else and you get nothing. I'm usually on Android auto or another app, so I'm right back to my complaint that I can't tell if climate system power is on or off.
A few of us aren't worried about having to see the temp at all times. As someone else pointed out, many cars just have blue to red settings and you figure where works for you. No need for exact temperature.
But does it make any sense that you can press the power button in a car and not have any indication of power being on or off? There's no indication whatsoever. How hard would it have been to have the little yellow light like is on the "dual" button?

Ford Bronco Got my 2023 Bronco Raptor WITH Digital Temperature Knobs 🌡️ 20221213_121515

Ford Bronco Got my 2023 Bronco Raptor WITH Digital Temperature Knobs 🌡️ 20221213_121506

MTinPA

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can confirm that the 2023 OBX has this feature (not sure if its because of Lux pkg or not).

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t understand the big fuss either. The temp readout is right there at the top of the screen.
If you don't understand, then you need to bring them a sandwich. :ROFLMAO:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to update my post, and I probably should have remembered this from earlier discussions on the topic.
Ducati told us correctly that the temp display shows on the screen when the system is on, however it ONLY does this when on the Ford Sync app. Anything else and you get nothing. I'm usually on Android auto or another app, so I'm right back to my complaint that I can't tell if climate system power is on or off.
A few of us aren't worried about having to see the temp at all times. As someone else pointed out, many cars just have blue to red settings and you figure where works for you. No need for exact temperature.
But does it make any sense that you can press the power button in a car and not have any indication of power being on or off? There's no indication whatsoever. How hard would it have been to have the little yellow light like is on the "dual" button?

Ford Bronco Got my 2023 Bronco Raptor WITH Digital Temperature Knobs 🌡️ 20221213_121506

I didn’t realize it went away with the smaller screen. I have the 12” screen, so the temperature is always shown no matter what screen I’m on.

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This ongoing knob debate is one of my favorite things on this forum lol. Also: ‘22 Wildtrak without the good knobs here. Honestly don’t know how I make it through the day 😩
Same here, l agree. The thing that annoys me the most is the recirculating air button doesn't stay on past a few minutes. I love breathing freeway exhaust. Anyways, l am SO glad everyone is finally getting properly knobbed...LMAO

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here, l agree. The thing that annoys me the most is the recirculating air button doesn't stay on past a few minutes. I love breathing freeway exhaust. Anyways, l am SO glad everyone is finally getting properly knobbed...LMAO
The recirc issue wasn’t even on my radar before this thread but it’s bugging the hell out of me now. Thanks everybody lol 😑

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The recirc issue wasn’t even on my radar before this thread but it’s bugging the hell out of me now. Thanks everybody lol 😑
If people are gonna complain about something Ford should fix, its the recirculated air button. I am the driver and if l want to have recirculated air then l should have it as long as l want, dammit! Forget the knobs, fix the button FORD!!!!
Sponsored