Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

hdavidson

Badlands
First Name
Hamish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, my 2022 Wildtrak originally had the newer plain knobs. The HVAC controls malfunctioned and I brought it in for service. They just returned it to me with the digitial display knobs installed and working correctly!
This is great news as it means there’s a way to retrofit the digital display knobs. Did your service paperwork provide a description of what they did? Even better if it included part numbers.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is great news as it means there’s a way to retrofit the digital display knobs. Did your service paperwork provide a description of what they did? Even better if it included part numbers.
I don’t think the paperwork said anything special. They just replaced a broken HVAC control unit. No mention of updating anything or different parts.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe back for '23? First to get one in needs to report.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs Screenshot_20221031-121937

msg

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't know I wanted this on my 22 WT... now I need to get it!

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for confirming that they DO NOT come on the MY22. Picked up my Badlands/Lux last week and was like, "Where's the numbers on the controls?" Everything is on that screen. Wonder if there are some aftermarket peeps that will sell them? Can't be hard to install.

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thinking is that if this was attributed to the chip shortage issue, maybe it has been solved. Who knows.
Unfortunately the chip shortage is still a very real thing for Ford. I have a high spec F150 Tremor scheduled to be built on 11/12, Ford openly states when the order is being made that auto start/stop is NLA. A small blessing in my opinion, but unfortunately Ford has also stated that there will be no heated steering wheels in any Fords for 2023 and a few other "options" are intermittently not available, like heated mirrors and the massaging seats available in the very high spec Lincolns.

Ford later changed course on the heated mirrors, not sure how many of those without them are out in the wild. Someone probably pointed out that it's a safety issue in colder climates.

Daniel

Removal.JPG

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I never had the numbers on the knob, IMO its not a big deal. I am fine adjusting by keeping my eyes on the touchscreen and seeing the set temps there while I turn the knob.

Plus with the numbers only on the dial (Are the temps only on the dial in the MY21? or are they also on the touchscreen?) when turning the knob, I can imagine my fat fingers blocking the numbers and then I would have to take my hand away to see what I set it to, and adjust accordingly.

This isn't a big deal IMHO, but others may feel differently. If I had the choice (and couldn't get both knob and screen), I would take screen temps over knob temps everyday.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always turn off my screen (on my current Ford) . So this will be missed.
+ I wish the time was displayed in the center screen (bc I turn off the big screen)

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keeping my order 99'd till this gets resolved, I should still be price protected.

Steelstacks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. Didn’t realize it was that expensive. I can live without it.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping my order 99'd till this gets resolved, I should still be price protected.
Not sure they are allowing this anymore. Think you lose the reservation if you don’t convert.

a_Panda

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2020 XC60, 1978 124 Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think M2DZ-19980-C is the mid/ high package variant. Is anyone able to confirm?

Edit: ordered the part and can confirm the -C is the correct part for mid and high package vehicles. Heated seats, heated rear window, dual zone with displays.

Would that part work with a high package (no heated steering wheel), just with the heated wheel button being non functional?
Sponsored

Last edited: