Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To me the biggest missteps on the bronco (and there aren't many) are this in this order

#1 - Rain sensing windshield wipers (there is literally no reason they couldn't have added this). I'm in Oregon so I deal with rain, and varying rain constantly. I've had rain sensing wipers for the past 10 years in various vehicles and never realized how annoying not having it would be

#2 - ACC with stop and go. ACC is a total game changer in rush hour traffic. I've never had true stop and go but my grand cherokee would come to a complete stop for 3 seconds before disabling. I would give anything to have at least that and not this 15mph disable crap. Manual transmission vehicles not having the ability to do this is the only reason I would give up a manual on a daily driver.

#3 - Memory seats. Also seems like an obvious oversight with leather seats. Not a huge deal but I sometimes let me girlfriend drive my bronco

#4 - Cooled seats. While I understand why these were probably omitted would have been nice. Although it's a distant 4th because the cooled seats I've had in the past were okay but not game changers.
I live in Oregon too. Totally agree with #1
Sponsored

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2023 Code Orange Raptor just showed up... And yes, ITS TRUE.... Digital temp knobs are back for 2023...

These are the first 2 pics right off the truck. It hasn't even been cleaned up yet. I promise to post more once its done.

0.jpg

1.jpg
Looks amazing! The color and the vehicle are great. I had the opportunity to drive one at the Seattle Auto Show this year. That Raptor is a BEAST! Best of luck with it. I think you'll love it. And it's cool hearing the temperature display dials are back, too.

SeanWyatt

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did get an invite which was the primary way. There was some small bit of allocation but most dealers marked this way up.
Thanks for the reply. BTW nice rigā€¦ Q: do you know of anyone the put 37x13.50x17? I think that would make it look a little more aggressive. Just meā€¦ Thanks for your time

JonesBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To me the biggest missteps on the bronco (and there aren't many) are this in this order

#1 - Rain sensing windshield wipers (there is literally no reason they couldn't have added this). I'm in Oregon so I deal with rain, and varying rain constantly. I've had rain sensing wipers for the past 10 years in various vehicles and never realized how annoying not having it would be

#2 - ACC with stop and go. ACC is a total game changer in rush hour traffic. I've never had true stop and go but my grand cherokee would come to a complete stop for 3 seconds before disabling. I would give anything to have at least that and not this 15mph disable crap. Manual transmission vehicles not having the ability to do this is the only reason I would give up a manual on a daily driver.

#3 - Memory seats. Also seems like an obvious oversight with leather seats. Not a huge deal but I sometimes let me girlfriend drive my bronco

#4 - Cooled seats. While I understand why these were probably omitted would have been nice. Although it's a distant 4th because the cooled seats I've had in the past were okay but not game changers.
I would add heated second rowā€¦ I never put the top on and drive year roundā€¦ the heated front seats and heat cranked make it super comfortable in cold tempsā€¦ passengers in the second row suffer!

JonesBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
your truck looks greatā€¦ My braptor was built one day behind you but hasnā€™t delivered yetā€¦ thanks for temp dial confirmatio.nā€¦ I have 2 questions:
1- have you tested apple carplay to see if the full screen mode software is already installed?
2- given you were 2 days from being a 2022- any pricing updates from Ford? Canā€™t call it price protection or the forum will quote the PP email a dozen timesā€¦ did you get a personalized ā€offerā€ā€¦
thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

your truck looks greatā€¦ My braptor was built one day behind you but hasnā€™t delivered yetā€¦ thanks for temp dial confirmatio.nā€¦ I have 2 questions:
1- have you tested apple carplay to see if the full screen mode software is already installed?
2- given you were 2 days from being a 2022- any pricing updates from Ford? Canā€™t call it price protection or the forum will quote the PP email a dozen timesā€¦ did you get a personalized ā€offerā€ā€¦
thanks
Hey there.
YES, my CarPlay is able to go full screen straight from the factory. Works great.

There is no price protection plan on the raptors at all.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea but you have those horrendous fender flares tho. Not my taste.
Oh boy, thats like a regular bmw 3 series owner saying ā€œthe m3 sucks Bc if the pig snout grillā€. Ooook guy. Lol. Never mind that your spec doesnā€™t hold a candle to the raptorā€¦ā€¦..THE FENDERS!!! Lol

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree with #1 (as I also live in Portland)

Don't really care about #2 as I have driven manuals my entire life and ACC would be nice, but I don't cry over not having it in the Bronco

Because I have the BL with washout floors, I can't have the memory seats and I am OK with not having them. I don't mind manual seats at all

#4 is also a don't care for me being in Portland, it doesn't get hot/humid enough for me to care.

What still bugs me is Ford chintzing out on a right-side stalk for the windshield wipers. They really overloaded the left stalk with too much stuff.

And I really dislike not having a manual parking brake. Every car I have owned (only 2 others) have had manual parking brakes (with a manual transmission). So much more natural to park, put the shifter into N (or 1st if on a severe incline/decline) and pulling up on the parking brake and then taking your foot of the brake. Having to reach under the dash to set the parking brake is still unnatural even after 8 months. And since I am keeping my 330i, this will always be a muscle memory issue for me. Oh well... (first world problems...)

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with #1 (as I also live in Portland)

Don't really care about #2 as I have driven manuals my entire life and ACC would be nice, but I don't cry over not having it in the Bronco

Because I have the BL with washout floors, I can't have the memory seats and I am OK with not having them. I don't mind manual seats at all

#4 is also a don't care for me being in Portland, it doesn't get hot/humid enough for me to care.

What still bugs me is Ford chintzing out on a right-side stalk for the windshield wipers. They really overloaded the left stalk with too much stuff.

And I really dislike not having a manual parking brake. Every car I have owned (only 2 others) have had manual parking brakes (with a manual transmission). So much more natural to park, put the shifter into N (or 1st if on a severe incline/decline) and pulling up on the parking brake and then taking your foot of the brake. Having to reach under the dash to set the parking brake is still unnatural even after 8 months. And since I am keeping my 330i, this will always be a muscle memory issue for me. Oh well... (first world problems...)
There are two people in this world. Those whoā€™ve never had ACC in rush hour and those who have and can now no longer live without it lol.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two people in this world. Those whoā€™ve never had ACC in rush hour and those who have and can now no longer live without it lol.
that is probably true šŸ¤£. I guess I donā€™t know what I am missing. Ignorance is bliss šŸ˜€.

Also, I am not a fan of ā€œself drivingā€ tech. I am a fan of safety tech.

ABS and stability control IMO saves lives. ACC is a convenience (vs safety) that allows a driver to become complacent and less attentive while driving and that is also why I donā€™t want it. I donā€™t want driving tech that makes my lazy. But thatā€™s me.

ive done two 12-hour road trips this year andi was fine with old fashioned cruise control.

landwarrior

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I agree on all of that (especially sear memory) but Iā€™d be happy if they could just give us a software update to use all of our camera modes while in ā€œnormalā€. My garage is super tight and the fender/wheel cam is perfect to navigate with. Having to switch to Baja mode just to get that view is ridiculousā€¦

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This ongoing knob debate is one of my favorite things on this forum lol. Also: ā€˜22 Wildtrak without the good knobs here. Honestly donā€™t know how I make it through the day šŸ˜©

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually agree with you here. I didn't care about the knobs, but it was SUCH a big deal to so many others, I thought I would confirm for everyone.
I donā€™t understand the big fuss either. The temp readout is right there at the top of the screen.
Sponsored