Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny you seem surprised by this. Let me break down the added cost to you as a customer if we continued to purchase the temperature displaying knobs from our supplier, which has gone up 350% per piece let alone shipping increases and lead times like crazy.

Your vehicle if equipped with dual zone would cost an added $950. Now because we do value customer service we compromised so that you didn’t accrue this. Screw us for that right?
What makes it seem so wrong is that it was not communicated to customers. If we buy what we see in photos and the Build & Price.

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Wildtrak being built soon. Between the color matching door handles, black gloss mirror caps and now the digital readouts on the knobs, Ford has taken some of the smaller details that made this trim look and feel more luxurious away. None of them are big changes but continuing to find out you have lost these items without any official word from Ford is not good. The big compromise for me was taking the soft top in order to get it sooner. At least with that I had a choice. These other changes seem like business decisions in order to save money and increase profit on their side.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Roman_bmw335i

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You clearly don’t understand. The technology literally didn’t change at all lol the whole dual zone automatic climate control system that you paid for works the EXACT same way as a 21, other then the fact the temperature is displayed on the screen instead of the knob.
I think you can only see small pictures. Big pictures are not for you, sorry man.

Roman_bmw335i

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There would be 90% fewer complaints on this forum if Ford built them in the priority they said they would... and could do first-world quality control on the components from its suppliers (talking about you, Webasto).

In fact, the huge desirability of the Bronco is why people with unfulfilled early reservations are so vitriolic in their criticism.

Having a place to vent... on a forum with people "who get it"... rather than your family or coworkers who don't give a damn is cathartic. Thanks B6G.

To dump on this forum as "negative" is not a reflection of its members, but the situation they are in... through no fault of their own. Most of this forum is people helping each other navigate through the shit-storm.

The negativity about the product itself (like this thread) is the vast minority of the content.

Kudos to the design team and the engineers. They delivered above and beyond.

The crap people are complaining about should be easy fixes, but Ford leadership and management have been the huge failures in the launch of a game-changing vehicle.

Many dealerships have been outright unethical... some criminal... and very few have been transparent. No doubt in my mind that Fomoco is tolerant of... if complicit in... most of that.

Thank God these clowns didn't lead the Mustang launch in '64. They built and sold a million Mustangs in just over two years... and that was 5 years before we put a man on the moon. Pandemic or not, shouldn't we be better at this almost 60 years later?

Shameful.

(but still no way in hell I'm canceling)
Man on the moon? Haha you lost me there.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that isnt what i argued at all. I said the only reason the bronco DISASTER isnt completely destroying their valuation is that financial media does not give a shit about it when the electric f150 is on the way.

"clearly they know more about what effects their bottom line more than we do"

the people running corporations today are not who you think they are. arguably the only real car maker in the US is elon musk. And im not even a fan of tesla cars. Man is building actual factories and supply chains. while juggling a space industry.

ford cant even ship the bronco because its run by "people who clearly know more about what effects their bottom line more than we do"
They know enough about their bottom line to know you haven’t cancelled your order yet despite a different knob. It sucks, but there’s a lot more at play here than just foreign production of chips — there have been railway strikes, truck driver shortages, airbag recalls, service department staffing issues … all things that contribute to you not getting your bronco sooner. I understand the frustration, believe me I do. The different knobs don’t look as nice as the original ones. But if you’re gonna vote with your dollar you should also veto with your dollar — I highly doubt a change in knobs will spark more outcry than 2.7L motors dropping valves and blowing up on the highway, and Ford still hasn’t acknowledged that issue one bit

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's always been on the display. It's an integrated part of Sync in basically all the Ford vehicles with 8+" screens.

It's really a non issue. The temperature knob is down so low that looking down at it when adjusting doesn't really make sense. You can glance down at the display faster and have eyes back on the road.
I agree, but then they should've never been included at all... 21s either... 🤷‍♂️

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

1642717485251 (1).png

Versus MY2021 for reference

1642718215215.jpeg

Temperature display now appears at the top of the infotainment touchscreen display.

1642734271738-jpeg (1).jpg
Yeah... and what else is FORD changing on our vehicles without a notification? Finding out the WT mirrors are not glossed and the door handles are not painted. Saves cost, yes. but I am paying for it in my original order too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is the temp gauge an led? Or just a picture? I don't like this at all, just one thing after another
Are you really asking if it’s just a picture…?

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't even know the numbered knobs were a thing... so I don't feel like I could get upset over something I didn't even know I had (or in this case won't have with my MY22). As a few others have mentioned... I personally would not be looking down that far while driving and would rather keep my eyes up... so I won't really be missing the numbered knobs.
right?! that's how i feel too lol I didn't even know this was a thing. I like that they are displayed on the screen, its in your field of vision rather than looking down

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes it seem so wrong is that it was not communicated to customers. If we buy what we see in photos and the Build & Price.
They know enough about their bottom line to know you haven’t cancelled your order yet despite a different knob. It sucks, but there’s a lot more at play here than just foreign production of chips — there have been railway strikes, truck driver shortages, airbag recalls, service department staffing issues … all things that contribute to you not getting your bronco sooner. I understand the frustration, believe me I do. The different knobs don’t look as nice as the original ones. But if you’re gonna vote with your dollar you should also veto with your dollar — I highly doubt a change in knobs will spark more outcry than 2.7L motors dropping valves and blowing up on the highway, and Ford still hasn’t acknowledged that issue one bit
If ford knew about their bottom line they would not have named the Mach-E a mustang and they would not have released a bronco sport which is a redundant marketing mistake and a niche that doesnt need to be filled by ford of all people. they have a ford explorer yet they clog the lines with a redundant vehicle that causes a marketing disaster of everyone seeing a crossover on the road with "bronco" on it.

I can assure you the people running the company do NOT know what they are doing. And are held afloat by name recognition and deep political ties. The only product of real value they make to the world is the f150 and its derivatives. Everything else is clogging the line. The best decision ford made in the past 20 years was getting rid of sedans. They will have to come to a decision soon of what else to axe.
Sponsored