Sponsored

2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The pressure is palpable. I can sense a leak in the dam.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The pressure is palpable. I can sense a leak in the dam.
So in other words, the Ford Media department photographers are ready to take some new "staged photos" and then surreptitiously release them as "leaks"?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this is the dedicated thread for all things Heritage Edition related (at least according to the thread title) what does everyone think lies in store for the HE, if anything? ...
Unless Ford's idea of heritage goes back to 2021, there should be no four door or soft top version. Bronco never offered either from the factory until then. Two door hard tops only in fun colors and plain jane wheels. They could make them rare, accurate to actual heritage, and special, but they won't. Be full of four door soft tops with bold interpretations of colors for which nobody asked.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baby steps.

How about Ford just start with an update on where they are at with the mod top that appears essential for the HE.

Have they cracked the code and gotten permits prior to deforesting a lot for the build-out?

Have they learned how to hire a competent German vendor?

Have they bought and read the book Middle Management for Dummies?

Have they learned how to spell Q.A.?

Has Ford learned how communication works between them and their vendors and them and their customers to level set expectations, milestones and goals?

Is the modular top key component coming for 2023 or not? Simple question Ford.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So in other words, the Ford Media department photographers are ready to take some new "staged photos" and then surreptitiously release them as "leaks"?
Staged or genuine, Ford has to keep the reservation holders engaged. Seems as though the Raptor isn't what the hype machine built up and the Everglades has garnered even less attention. Ford will commit to building these editions which will further delay long standing orders as there is only so much production capacity at MAP.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Staged or genuine, Ford has to keep the reservation holders engaged. Seems as though the Raptor isn't what the hype machine built up and the Everglades has garnered even less attention. Ford will commit to building these editions which will further delay long standing orders as there is only so much production capacity at MAP.
You're right, the Raptor and Everglades are less than resounding successes. I don't think Ford is really trying to keep reservation holders engaged anymore, they have screwed over so many early adopter enthusiasts they are now looking for new suckers to feed the pipeline, they actually have a term for it, "Conquest Sales".

With Ford Marketing's high school level sophistication and their lead singer, Mike Levine, what do we expect?

Reminds me of what one motorcycle salesman told me when I asked what was different on the new year model TW200 off-road fun-cycle, his reply, in all seriousness "Bold New Stickers".

(Come to think of it, at less than $5K, the TW200 would be a great escape-pod to carry on the back of your Bronco while in the middle of nowhere and your 2.7 engine decides to RUD.)
Ford Bronco 2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage) 1647098474725

https://www.tw200forum.com/threads/tw-200-or-jeep-for-back-country-exploring.37913/

Last edited:

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the modular top key component coming for 2023 or not? Simple question Ford.
I'd bet that the Heritage Edition is basically going to be their test run for the Mod Top before it's fully integrated as an option. Not only will people be paying a premium for it, the limited nature of it will make it easier to recall if their are teething issues like the MIC-top, and logistically it's much easier to paint them all white one batch at a time instead of color-matching them to individual orders, so they can more smoothly ramp up production.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'd bet that the Heritage Edition is basically going to be their test run for the Mod Top before it's fully integrated as an option. Not only will people be paying a premium for it, the limited nature of it will make it easier to recall if their are teething issues like the MIC-top, and logistically it's much easier to paint them all white one batch at a time instead of color-matching them to individual orders, so they can more smoothly ramp up production.
Unfortunately I bet you're right.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there an obscure national park they haven’t used yet? :LOL:
Yellowstone.
Take a look at the bag your bronco hammock is in..... there's a 'Yellowstone' graphic on it.
Or maybe 'Yellowstone' will be tied to the tv show ( I doubt it, but).... I recall John Dutton/Kevin Costner saying (something to the effect) 'I want Yellowstone to be big enough to have it's brand on the seat covers' (aka 'King Ranch').

I figure the Heritage will get the squared-off fenders and be priced much, much higher than the BaseSquatch I have ordered. Hoping for a nicer instrument cluster too....

And maybe a 'Timberline' edition Bronco.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yellowstone will either be a stand alone trim and/or a color option. It was shown as a color option in this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-colors-online-no-green-yet.16493/ . It was also on display in @Bellebracht renders. I've been wondering about the remaining patches on the hammock bag (Yellowstone, Marmot, etc). Still need a mod top update. Will the mod top be available across ALL trims as an option? Or will it be an exclusive option for the heritage? If it's the latter the heritage could get really expensive. Especially looking at what you get for the price on the Everglades (snorkel, winch, graphics package, black diamond interior, smaller engine, etc).

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yellowstone will either be a stand alone trim and/or a color option. It was shown as a color option in this thread https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-colors-online-no-green-yet.16493/ . It was also on display in @Bellebracht renders. I've been wondering about the remaining patches on the hammock bag (Yellowstone, Marmot, etc). Still need a mod top update. Will the mod top be available across ALL trims as an option? Or will it be an exclusive option for the heritage? If it's the latter the heritage could get really expensive. Especially looking at what you get for the price on the Everglades (snorkel, winch, graphics package, black diamond interior, smaller engine, etc).
I would be really surprised if it was relegated to Heritage use only. Too much money has gone into its production and there would be a lot of money left on the table from lost sales. Not to say there isn't a possibility that it would be upper trims only though.

Does anyone remember if it was an option on all trims when it was initially available on B&P?

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I would be really surprised if it was relegated to Heritage use only. Too much money has gone into its production and there would be a lot of money left on the table from lost sales. Not to say there isn't a possibility that it would be upper trims only though.

Does anyone remember if it was an option on all trims when it was initially available on B&P?
If I remember correctly the mod top was offered on all trims except Base. Which is why I originally was going Black Diamond Sasquatch to get mod top and MGV, didn't need sway bar disconnect or option packages. Now the pricing for manual buyers says go base sasquatch or badlands. But if the mod top is not an option on Base in the future I will have to make a tough decision. Drop a lot more money to get mod top on a badlands or heritage, or get a Basesquatch with the MIC.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One item I would love to see, but I know it will never happen, is For ford to bring back the high beam foot switch and the wipers on top. If we’re going heritage, let’s go all out.

The foot switch wouldn't be hard to add to your rig....

Ford Bronco 2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage) Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.05.00 AM
Sponsored