Sponsored

2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition - A Closer Look (Dedicated Thread for All Things Heritage)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd love a traditional off-white natural-color heavy sail canvas top on my Bronco!šŸ˜šŸ˜

Someone posted a pic of their early Bronco at the beach with a white top... but I can't find it.šŸ˜ž

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think people should temper there expectations with just the mod top in general. I would love for Webasto to figure it out. But we know there is a huge log jam of builds optioning the MIC that will likely be pushed to MY22. I'm expecting the mod top to be late availability and by default that includes the HE.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Webasto is unable to make a single color MIC in sufficient quantities that meets the current reduced production. When the light gets switched on 8/3 for full production, we are only going to see softies down the line. I'm not sure introducing different colors to the MIC will solve the bottleneck.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Wimbledon White MIC or even what Tricia suggested with an off-white soft top (as long as it isn't made by Webasto as they can't even make the soft top on the Moar door from not looking like a trash bag).

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bugged a Ford insider I know about this and they disclosed that the Heritage trim level will likely be priced between a Badlands and the Wildtrak, but more similar to a Badlands (functionally a mashup between Badlands and OBX, once you strip away all the throwbacks/Easter eggs). They wouldnā€™t say what tires it came with, but it sounds like itā€™s not 35ā€™s like the Wildtrak.

There is something special on it thatā€™s worth waiting for if you like 66-77 Broncos, which WILL require new tooling on the production line. I donā€™t exactly know what it is, but think it has something to do with the body styling.
@Bellebracht , @Beach_Bum - another tidbit on HE.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bellebracht , @Beach_Bum - another tidbit on HE.
Thanks for the tag. The only relevant point is the pricing. No special tooling for the exterior body work. Remember, Ford is proud of the modularity of the Bronco. We know from other hints and now confirmed by Flip's grill parts post that the grill is unique but just a swap into the existing space. There are other exterior styling cues - nothing should need special tooling and will leverage the inherent designed modularity. And it will have 35's (at least as an option).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the tag. The only relevant point is the pricing. No special tooling for the exterior body work. Remember, Ford is proud of the modularity of the Bronco. We know from other hints and now confirmed by Flip's grill parts post that the grill is unique but just a swap into the existing space. There are other exterior styling cues - nothing should need special tooling and will leverage the inherent designed modularity. And it will have 35's (at least as an option).
Was wondering if that implied a fender change to align better with the more tradition flares, but yeah.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was wondering if that implied a fender change to align better with the more tradition flares, but yeah.
As an observant student, I and others had our own questions how they intend to make it work. But the old adage of "a picture is worth a thousand words" seems to apply and answer those questions.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is dedicated to discussing all things Heritage Edition.

As we all know, the 2022 Ford Bronco Heritage Edition is almost a sure thing at this point.
It is believed Heritage will replace the First Edition trim slot serving as a high end Bronco trim.

The picture below shows a modified @LBRACKET render with the 'retro' filter removed.
Also added are signature headlights since it is more than likely going to come equipped with them (See spy photos attached).

@LBRACET Did an amazing job on this render. Heritage edition is really going to stand out on the roads.

UPDATED RENDER W/NO FILTER & SIG HEADLIGHTS ADDED
brian-ellebracht-vintagelook-yellowstone-camera2'.jpeg

ORIGINAL RENDER
brian-ellebracht-vintagelook-yellowstone-camera2.jpg

SPY PHOTOS OF 2022 FORD BRONCO HERITAGE EDITION
IMG_7538.JPG

NOTICE THE WHITE GRILLE & RED LETTERING
IMG_7537.JPG

IT APPEARS THESE WHEELS WERE ORIGINALLY WHITE, BUT SPRAY PAINTED BLACK. BRONCO HORSE LOGO IS COVERED WITH TAPE & SPRAY PAINTED OVER.
IMG_7539.JPG

LEAKED GRILLE (SECOND FROM THE BOTTOM, 8200D)
NOTICE THE FORD LETTERS
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor Warthog Grill 1.jpg
Might want to update the thread title to reflect 2023 Heritage Edition. With the recent news that the Mod top won't be available until MY23, there won't be a MY22 Heritage Edition.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Might want to update the thread title to reflect 2023 Heritage Edition. With the recent news that the Mod top won't be available until MY23, there won't be a MY22 Heritage Edition.
Yeah Heritage is a mirage now.

Officially un-99'ed today for a two door CO Badlands. Even that is probably a 2022 at this point.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the Ford notification to the dealers, they will still be producing some type of special edition. Doesn't specifically say HE though.

" What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors ā€“ including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens. "

There's still hope for a HE but it doesn't sound like it would have a white top.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

According to the Ford notification to the dealers, they will still be producing some type of special edition. Doesn't specifically say HE though.

" What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors ā€“ including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens. "

There's still hope for a HE but it doesn't sound like it would have a white top.
In which case it is not really an HE.
Sponsored