Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if my reservation is turned into an order in the next few weeks I suppose it will be a year before I get my Bronco. Based on this it seems I should go ahead and order the hard top? Or do you think the soft top would still get me a Bronco faster?

Second question, it appears Ford made no changes to the camera that is blocked by the winch. So on a Badlands since the good bumper now costs more, why buy it if I will have to buy an aftermarket bumper anyway. Thoughts?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you already have a Badlands reserved, Ford will subtract the difference for adding the HD bumper.

As for the top, I can't answer that.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you already have a Badlands reserved, Ford will subtract the difference for adding the HD bumper.

As for the top, I can't answer that.
I think you have to have an order not a reservation to get any kind of price protection from the bumper change and price increase?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have to have an order not a reservation to get any kind of price protection from the bumper change and price increase?
Oh yeah, I think you're right. I don't know for sure though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any other thoughts on whether I should order the hard top or not? By the time my reservation becomes and order I would think the hard top should be available?

Still looking for thoughts on the bumpers as well. Which will work with a winch that doesn't block the front camera? Or get the default and go with aftermarket?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh yeah, I think you're right. I don't know for sure though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
An order submitted before the 2021 March date deadline has the price protection rebate for your MY22 order.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any other thoughts on whether I should order the hard top or not? By the time my reservation becomes and order I would think the hard top should be available?

Still looking for thoughts on the bumpers as well. Which will work with a winch that doesn't block the front camera? Or get the default and go with aftermarket?
So far the only approach I know of for not blocking the camera with a winch on any of the OEM bumpers is this one. And it comes with other challenges such as access to the clutch.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far the only approach I know of for not blocking the camera with a winch on any of the OEM bumpers is this one. And it comes with other challenges such as access to the clutch.
Thanks. I guess I will stick with the standard bumper on the BL and see if someone makes a winch kit for it.
If I go with the modular I know that I could remote the control box on a Warn or Smittybilt which would help the front view
Sponsored