Sponsored

2023 Bronco changes / updates / upgrades?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No Stick on the 2.7. The Bell housing is different.

To give us a better engine with the Stick Ford would have to give us the Coyote 5.0, which of course, mates perfectly to the MT, since the MT is derived from the one in the 'Stang.

Which, Ford is unlikely to do.
Sponsored

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since they figured out how to increase towing capacity on the BRaptor, could we see 4500 lbs on all models?
I'm thinking the increase in towing is due to heavier duty drive train components needed to deal with the extra HP/TQ and beating the vehicle is designed for and not a different hitch assy.

mini2nut

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-pedal Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wait would be 5+ years if Ford offered a small block V8 option.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drop EG color so mine will be even cooler!

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Iā€™d like is more stand-alone options and a better trim selection experience.

A lot of people are choosing trims they do not want because of options that only come on those trims or do not come in those trims.

For example, Iā€™d like:

1. A stand alone cold weather package (Heated Seats, Heated Steering wheel, Remote Start). Having to spend $5K for this is not a good customer experience.

2. For $5K Iā€™d like the LUX package to included painted fender flares and door handles in any trims. Forcing to buy a OBX just for painted handles and flares is not ideal. Iā€™d like a rugged interior with rubber mats but a clean exterior with painted trims (this is a $60K vehicle!)

3. Ability to purchase painted handles and fenders flares as stand-alone. Iā€™d gladly pay $495-$695 for this and should be fairly straight forward for Ford to do.

4. A bit more colors. This is a Bronco, not just another Ford. There should be additional colors offered or at the very least the ability to order existing Ford factory colors for an additional cost.

5. All models should have their standard model-specific interior but give us the ability to get just plain old black. The reason Iā€™m not getting a OBx is because Iā€™m not a fan of those dual tone interiors. We should be able to select a vinyl black as a choice.

6. Of course, we all want that new digital cluster.

There are too many options that are trim specific that make the ordering experience very uncomfortable and mentally fatiguing.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would love an option to get exactly the build you want in the same model year you ordered it. Not sure that is realistic but one can dream.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they add the Raptor dash to the Lux package, I might just sell mine and reorder. Would suck pay for Lux and not have the Digital dash when it is an option a year later.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think demand is so high right now there will be little to no changes made to the assembly line. I assume Ford will start using stronger tie rods at some point, maybe for the 2023 model, just because all these Broncos stuck on the trail is such a bad look for what is supposed to be a rugged off-roader.

I really hope we start hearing leaks soon for the 2023 model, I swear people were able to get better insider info on this thing before it came out.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think the primary change between 22 and 23 will be lack of options offered on builds. Between inflation, strikes, shut downs and all the countries running out of everyday items it will be a rough next year.

Yes I over paid for mine, yes it has every option exactly how I would have built it. Bet only a handful of my build will be produced next year. Then I expect options and packages to be pulled from the configurator.

Think 21 and 22 was the years to get. Only down hill from here.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I heard Ford is developing a traditional push rod V8 that will fit in the Bronco frame. And that for 2023 you can add in option ala-carte without being forced to step up models. Oh and rear seat cup holders for any interior option.
so their own LS Swap kit?? :p

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
B&O stereo as a standalone option would be nice. Better color options (please keep eruption green, hot pepper red, and add antimatter blue back in the lineup). Saddle brown interior like the reveal. Mid package available on all trims for the manual transmission. Would be nice but won't happen.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think the primary change between 22 and 23 will be lack of options offered on builds. Between inflation, strikes, shut downs and all the countries running out of everyday items it will be a rough next year.

Yes I over paid for mine, yes it has every option exactly how I would have built it. Bet only a handful of my build will be produced next year. Then I expect options and packages to be pulled from the configurator.

Think 21 and 22 was the years to get. Only down hill from here.
I hadnā€™t thought about it that way šŸ¤”. Itā€™s definitely possible.
Sponsored