First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2023 Bronco Wildtrack brakes just gave out while pulling into the garage. Slowed down as normal but then when I attempted to stop, the brakes let out this loud hissing sound and then would not respond. Had my foot all the way to the the floor and it still wouldn’t respond. Ended up going through the back of the garage while pumping the breaks before it finally stopping.
Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 2023 Bronco Wildtrack brakes just gave out while pulling into the garage. Slowed down as normal but then when I attempted to stop, the brakes let out this loud hissing sound and then would not respond. Had my foot all the way to the the floor and it still wouldn’t respond. Ended up going through the back of the garage while pumping the breaks before it finally stopping.
any obvious signs of brake fluid leaks?

OP
OP

Bhearn

Wildtrak
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, noticed a hissing sound (similar to a school bus’ brakes) earlier this morning when pressing the brakes but assumed it was just because I don’t drive it very often. Just hit 1000 miles.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are electric (actuated) breaks and if they blew a hydraulic line you'd know because you would have brake fluid all over your driveway/garage floor.

I've been in some harry situations both on and off road...I can't imagine losing my brakes.. I'd probably be dead.

So I'm thankful it happened in your garage. Let us know what you find out so we can all be on the lookout.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored