Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that there are a handful of reports on here about the 2.3 broncos having extremely dangerous brake failures. It’s kind of concerning to me, so I just wanted to see how widespread is this? What’s the consensus on the cause of these brake failures? I have a 2.3 manual BL, should I even be concerned ?
thank you!
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only brake failure I have heard of on the 2.3 is the contaminated vacuum line that causes an error and the brakes to precharge like before a collision. Happens every so often and clears itself after sitting for a bit Dealer said it is an easy fix and no need to ground the Bronco. I have been driving it without concern since August and will get it fixed one of these days.

SSM 50314 - 2021 Bronco - 2.3L - Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp And/Or Brake System Warning Message – DTC P050F Set In The ABS Module And Firm Brake Pedal

Some 2021 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and/or brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system(ABS) module and a firm brake pedal. This may be due to contamination in a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum hose (MB3Z-2420-A). Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have about 4500 miles on my Bronco now. Two door Badlands with the 2.3/auto and Sasquatch. I’m also currently running an extremely heavy wheel and tire combination (107 pounds per.) My mileage covers all driving and road/trail conditions. I’ve not had any issues/problems or concerns with the brakes. They are very responsive, have never faded with prolonged use, and never left me with doubts of their stopping ability, even in 2 evasive maneuver/ emergency stop situations.

They could fail tomorrow but so far so good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
patchymanz

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only brake failure I have heard of on the 2.3 is the contaminated vacuum line that causes an error and the brakes to precharge like before a collision. Happens every so often and clears itself after sitting for a bit Dealer said it is an easy fix and no need to ground the Bronco. I have been driving it without concern since August and will get it fixed one of these days.

SSM 50314 - 2021 Bronco - 2.3L - Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp And/Or Brake System Warning Message – DTC P050F Set In The ABS Module And Firm Brake Pedal

Some 2021 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and/or brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system(ABS) module and a firm brake pedal. This may be due to contamination in a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum hose (MB3Z-2420-A). Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.
Thank you so much for this! very informative and helpful ! Much appreciated

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After almost a year and over 22000km on Bucky no brake problems to report as of yet.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I’m being honest, yes, I always have concerns of brake failure.
Sponsored