Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I corrected my post, I meant to say "fuse box bolts, battery terminals & grounds". Good luck!
Thanks
Sponsored

Jroy424

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately this is my first post. After a year and a half I finally got my WildTrak this summer. I love it and was a Jeep guy. However, early on a started getting the ”Hillclimb”. Message which has progress recently into the full blown error cascade in this thread. It has happened to me under all driving conditions - on highway, in traffic, backroads, on start.

I brought it into the dealer which kicked it back as not being able to reproduce. I opened a case with Ford, which the dealer closed. I have even filed a report with NHTSA at the request of the Ford rep. This is a potentially dangerous issue That needs to be addressed. My poor tires have flat spots at this point.

here is a festive video of the error tree.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately this is my first post. After a year and a half I finally got my WildTrak this summer. I love it and was a Jeep guy. However, early on a started getting the ”Hillclimb”. Message which has progress recently into the full blown error cascade in this thread. It has happened to me under all driving conditions - on highway, in traffic, backroads, on start.

I brought it into the dealer which kicked it back as not being able to reproduce. I opened a case with Ford, which the dealer closed. I have even filed a report with NHTSA at the request of the Ford rep. This is a potentially dangerous issue That needs to be addressed. My poor tires have flat spots at this point.

My dealership won't look at it until the 28th, by which point my case with Ford will have expired and closed. They didn't seem too concerned with me completely losing my brakes in a brand new car, so I don't have high hopes.

I'm sorry your first post was due to such a crappy situation, but we're here to help. If I find a resolution to this issue, you'll be the first to know.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good morning! I would be happy to look into your concern on my end. Can you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a recent post of a video talking about how Fords battery monitoring system works.

The gist of it is that the battery voltage is being constantly monitored, and things can get out of sync with charging versus discharging. The charging systems cannot keep up with the electronic demands in short runs...ASS is nothing but short runs when you're in stop and go like that. Turn off ASS.

Note: beware, watching that video almost makes you not want to buy a Ford.

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a recent post of a video talking about how Fords battery monitoring system works.

The gist of it is that the battery voltage is being constantly monitored, and things can get out of sync with charging versus discharging. The charging systems cannot keep up with the electronic demands in short runs...ASS is nothing but short runs when you're in stop and go like that. Turn off ASS.

Note: beware, watching that video almost makes you not want to buy a Ford.
This one? Man, there's a lot going on there. But it sounds like if the BMS was sensing a low state of charge it would have deactivated the ASS first (in my case it did not). And common sense would dictate that the brakes would be the LAST thing to go.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...operly-charge-how-to-power-accessories.59199/

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This one? Man, there's a lot going on there. But it sounds like if the BMS was sensing a low state of charge it would have deactivated the ASS first (in my case it did not). And common sense would dictate that the brakes would be the LAST thing to go.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...operly-charge-how-to-power-accessories.59199/
When my alternator was dying I lost my display, camera system, power steering, other systems, but as I came to stop I had power assisted brakes right up til the car died as i came to a stop.

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm shocked these issues that @Jroy424 and @KABQ are having aren't taken more seriously by the dealerships and @Ford Motor Company at large. I can only imagine the lawsuits that would happen after not being able to brake and then t-boning a family of five at an intersection. If I was a lawyer I would just hang out on this forum all day passing my card out 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm shocked these issues that @Jroy424 and @KABQ are having aren't taken more seriously by the dealerships and @Ford Motor Company at large. I can only imagine the law suits that would happen after not being able to brake and then t-boning a family of five at an intersection. If I was a lawyer I would just hang out on this forum all day passing my card out 😂
Can't argue with that! I was told by my dealer (drink), and I quote directly, "well if anything happens I can give you the number for roadside assistance."

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it was EXACTLY like that.
Mine does the same thing happened twice yesterday! Come on Ford you need to step up here!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm shocked these issues that @Jroy424 and @KABQ are having aren't taken more seriously by the dealerships and @Ford Motor Company at large. I can only imagine the law suits that would happen after not being able to brake and then t-boning a family of five at an intersection. If I was a lawyer I would just hang out on this forum all day passing my card out 😂
Whole new definition for ambulance chaser!

I actually wish there was.... There's so much Ford BS on this forum there has to be a lawsuite in there somewhere.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I've done some searching and others have had similar issues, but in very different contexts. The vacuum line is a known issue on the 2.3, and removing the doors with the car on also causes a freakout. This is a 2.7 with the doors fitted.

Today I got caught in some construction and had to sit for about 5 minutes. A.S.S was on, so the engine was not running. After about 4 minutes I got a ton of error warnings (Service AdvancTrac, Check Brake System, Hill Start Assist Not Available, and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available) and the brake pedal vibrated several times then lost pressure. Since I was stuck in a one lane construction zone, I basically had to keep driving for several miles (at a HUGE distance from the car ahead of me) before I could pull over. When I could finally get it off the road and onto the shoulder, I had no pedal pressure and had to use almost the full pedal travel before the brakes engaged. When they eventually bit, it was full lock up. I shut it off for roughly 2 minutes, it made whole bunch of whirs and clunks, and was fine when I restarted it but the brake light on the dash was still on. When I tried to gently pull forward to test things out, it displayed that the parking brake turned off and the brake light went out. I had no problems for the rest of the drive and haven't been able to reproduce it. I'll call my dealer tomorrow, but I have a feeling they'll say "we can't reproduce the problem" and send me on my way. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
The Bronco left the engine off for 4 minutes? I don't think my start/stop has ever been off that long

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco left the engine off for 4 minutes? I don't think my start/stop has ever been off that long
As I said, it may have cycled but the engine was definitely off when the failures occured.