Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

anyone else get this one? mine came on several times in late September, once they got real stiff I decided to to bring it in. brake vacuum hose is what I'm told.
it's been at the dealer since then waiting on the part.. pretty lame if you ask me. i might feel a little better if the dealer had a loaner, or Ford would provide rental reimbursement that would cover the actual cost of a decent rental.... but they dont.

anyways, is this common? if you've had this or a similar issue, how were you taken care of?
thanks.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Common/documented issue on the 2.3

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was kinda common this time last year. Surprised there are still some Broncos with the contaminated vac line out there. Why didn't you take your Bronco home and schedule the fix when it arrived? The issue doesn't call for grounding the Bronco. I first got the message last August and a few times since but still haven't gotten around to getting it fixed.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was kinda common this time last year. Surprised there are still some Broncos with the contaminated vac line out there. Why didn't you take your Bronco home and schedule the fix when it arrived? The issue doesn't call for grounding the Bronco. I first got the message last August and a few times since but still haven't gotten around to getting it fixed.
Driving a vehicle with a brake fault is not very smart. Especially when it has led to multiple people having significant issues braking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kdk12

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

service never mention it being not a safety risk... i figured it was because ... well.. Brakes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took mine in for this. Back in September, dealer order the parts but also said that Ford would be doing a recall on it.
They said it is still safe to drive and since bringing it I have not had the issue.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Common is prolly wrong word as someone said above. Happened to some ? Yes.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go back and get your bronco. I took mine in and they said a month and leave it there. I said give me a loaner or rental and they says ford isn’t authorizing loaners at this time. So I kept my bronco and they said they would call me when it came in and it’s been 3 months now. It’s safe enough and the only issue is when your on the highway with cruise control so don’t use that.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving a vehicle with a brake fault is not very smart. Especially when it has led to multiple people having significant issues braking.
Then I advise you don't drive on the road around me.

Ford has said no need to ground the vehicle. I guess I am just reckless and a danger to myself and society. Look out!

And please link to these significant issues caused directly the contaminated vac line.

OP
OP
Kdk12

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go back and get your bronco. I took mine in and they said a month and leave it there. I said give me a loaner or rental and they says ford isn’t authorizing loaners at this time. So I kept my bronco and they said they would call me when it came in and it’s been 3 months now. It’s safe enough and the only issue is when your on the highway with cruise control so don’t use that.
I'll probably do just that... the only thing is i never used cruise, and it happened a couple of times at 35 and under. what a drag
Sponsored