Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am on a road trip and while driving this warning popped up. Nothing appears to be wrong. I have tried turning on and off the car, opening and closing doors, turning e-brake on and off to no avail. I still have a red brake light on.
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

are any other warnings coming on?if not could be the park brake switch is on or fault in that system if only the red brake warning on , did you try cycling park brake on/off?.If abs warning and red /amber brake warnings on not so simple.

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are any other warnings coming on?if not could be the park brake switch is on or fault in that system if only the red brake warning on , did you try cycling park brake on/off?.If abs warning and red /amber brake warnings on not so simple.
No other warning s but the one above. I have tried cycling parking brake and traction control. I was going 70+ on the freeway when it came on.

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip any help on this one

Buck_um42

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check brake fluid level and for blown fuses. Also, did you happen to have cruise control on when the light first appeared?

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

check master cylinder for appropriate fluid level and cap is secured

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to pull over and park it for ten minutes. The error went away. I was using cruise control when it happened.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip any help on this one
Unhook battery. We just got back from a trip (no cell or internet service) and I got a hill start/e brake/drive mode fault I need to have looked at this week. If it’s running OK and don’t want to do the battery disco, run it and make an appointment with dealer asap. I had no issues after the fault but it was funny the ebrake applied by itself when it happened.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had no issues after the fault but it was funny the ebrake applied by itself when it happened.
Phil...when you find out more, please open a new thread & discuss - thanks

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's like Ford has never built a car with technology in it before. God help the F150 Lightning.

When I was first considering a Jeep there were all these red flags because of quality issues. I got to say Jeeps are looking pretty damn high on the quality list versus the Bronco. I know people easily dismiss this stuff because it's a new model, But I have bought multiple first year vehicles before and never had any issues, But of course they were not domestic.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's like Ford has never built a car with technology in it before.
I predict it only gets worse from here.

Huge disconnect between technology applications in theory versus in practice. Maybe maybe Apple could pull this off - but Ford is obviously Wayyy over their head.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's like Ford has never built a car with technology in it before. God help the F150 Lightning.

When I was first considering a Jeep there were all these red flags because of quality issues. I got to say Jeeps are looking pretty damn high on the quality list versus the Bronco. I know people easily dismiss this stuff because it's a new model, But I have bought multiple first year vehicles before and never had any issues, But of course they were not domestic.
You should take a look at the issues page on the JL forum. We rented a JL in Colorado to do Ophir pass, it was a first year model with less than 500 miles on it...had 2 separate warnings pop up, one had something to do with steering and the other was locker related, I think. Didn't notice anything wrong, and they went away with a reset, but Jeep is the last place I would go if I wanted to escape electrical gremlins. That issues page on the JL forum is downright scary.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should take a look at the issues page on the JL forum
Ford is not the only one stinking the place up.

There are numerous aspects of a vehicle that can provide pleasure. But none of them are worth shit if your ride won't take you from point A to point B.

Having 300+ chips in a car compromises that...just too much stuff to go wrong. And when it does inevitably go wrong you're often looking at a 2-4 week turn at a dealer....IF they have a tech who can figure it out.

Someone is gonna make an absolute fortune using today's zero-defect approach to quality + yesterday's KISS approach to design.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should take a look at the issues page on the JL forum. We rented a JL in Colorado to do Ophir pass, it was a first year model with less than 500 miles on it...had 2 separate warnings pop up, one had something to do with steering and the other was locker related, I think. Didn't notice anything wrong, and they went away with a reset, but Jeep is the last place I would go if I wanted to escape electrical gremlins. That issues page on the JL forum is downright scary.
Oh I'm aware. Jeep seems to have some lemon issues where one person will just jave all kinds of problem with theirs, and 3 more people have nothing at all.

But that's my point. A lot of people that refuse to buy a Jeep because a quality issues were flocking to Ford because Ford is supposed to build better vehicles .... But it doesn't seem to be the case now with the Bronco. Ford's quality is not up to their normal expectations.

bywater2021

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
did you have any more issues with this? We just bought a 2022 2.3lbig bend bronco today and on our way less then 300 miles on it going down the highway at 75 with cruise control on as well the check brake system came on my husband said nothing appeared to be wrong but we drove to the closest dealer and now my brand new car is sitting at a dealer an hour from our house waiting for them to change the vacuum line which is what they claim is the issue. He said he had full brakes and nothing seemed like it was wrong as well.
Sponsored