Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick update: It is finally getting looked at by the service department. Dealer said (🍻) there is a TSB related to this issue, and there is a reprogramming that needs to be completed. After a little more research, I'm assuming the TSB is SSM 50951 and that the November time frame for a fix has been met. Text from the bulletin below (emphasis mine):

SSM 50951

2021-2022 Bronco - Equipped With Electronic Brake Booster (EBB) - Multiple Error Messages In The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) After Startup

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with an EBB may exhibit multiple error messages displayed in the IPC followed by automatic engagement of the parking brake immediately after starting the vehicle with the doors removed or after sitting in the vehicle for an extended period of time with the vehicle off. The issue will resolve itself once the brake pedal is no longer depressed or the parking brake is manually disengaged. This may be due to the software within the anti-lock brake (ABS) module. This issue can be avoided by placing the vehicle in accessory mode for a few seconds before starting the engine. Engineering is working on improved software to correct this condition that will be available in November 2022. No repairs should be made in attempt to correct this condition. Monitor OASIS for updates.
Sponsored

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update: It is finally getting looked at by the service department. Dealer said (🍻) there is a TSB related to this issue, and there is a reprogramming that needs to be completed. After a little more research, I'm assuming the TSB is SSM 50951 and that the November time frame for a fix has been met. Text from the bulletin below (emphasis mine):

SSM 50951

2021-2022 Bronco - Equipped With Electronic Brake Booster (EBB) - Multiple Error Messages In The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) After Startup

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with an EBB may exhibit multiple error messages displayed in the IPC followed by automatic engagement of the parking brake immediately after starting the vehicle with the doors removed or after sitting in the vehicle for an extended period of time with the vehicle off. The issue will resolve itself once the brake pedal is no longer depressed or the parking brake is manually disengaged. This may be due to the software within the anti-lock brake (ABS) module. This issue can be avoided by placing the vehicle in accessory mode for a few seconds before starting the engine. Engineering is working on improved software to correct this condition that will be available in November 2022. No repairs should be made in attempt to correct this condition. Monitor OASIS for updates.
Did they mention if the programming was available?

also do you have or have you had a harder pedal then normal at start up? I do and I have had the error codes once that seem to go with the tsb. I’m just wondering if the reprogram will fix the hard pedal at start up too. I’m hopeful atleast. I miss my 2.3 vacuum brakes.

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did they mention if the programming was available?

also do you have or have you had a harder pedal then normal at start up? I do and I have had the error codes once that seem to go with the tsb. I’m just wondering if the reprogram will fix the hard pedal at start up too. I’m hopeful atleast. I miss my 2.3 vacuum brakes.
It sounds like it is, and is issued as a new TSB (22-2354). No recurring issues since I got it back. From my report:

PXL_20221201_142725692.jpg

Earlybroncoboy

Badlands
First Name
Wagner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22Bronco,76bronco,73bronco,06F250,96F250,97F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like it is, and is issued as a new TSB (22-2354). No recurring issues since I got it back. From my report:

Ford Bronco Brake Failure - Christmas Tree and Check Brake System PXL_20221201_142725692
Any input on brake feel at startup. Did that change since reprogram? Mine seem difficult to push at startup. Thank you

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any input on brake feel at startup. Did that change since reprogram? Mine seem difficult to push at startup. Thank you
This is the first vehicle I've had with electronic brakes like this so I'm used to a stiff pedal with the vehicle off and have never noticed it as an issue. I would say the pedal feel overall has been softer since I had the failure. The pedal feels more consistent since the reprogram, but that could just be in my head.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder if this will become an OTA update?

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hard to say. Being all software, it's definitely possible.

Jroy424

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Brake Failure - Christmas Tree and Check Brake System PXL_20221201_142725692
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! My bronco was with my dealer for 2 weeks and on,y looked at it twice (I get the door alerts). They said they can’t reproduce the errors in video and wanted to have A tech take my car home for a week. Seriously. Ford was supposed to have their techs working with my dealer but that didn’t happen. I saw your fix and told them about it. They said no guarantees that it will fix it but they will try it. after looking it up they said oh your VIN does fall under this. It worked! Brakes do feel different in a good way and 3 weeks after no issues so far. Overall not a great experience but I still love it enough to keep (until next issue).

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!! My bronco was with my dealer for 2 weeks and on,y looked at it twice (I get the door alerts). They said they can’t reproduce the errors in video and wanted to have A tech take my car home for a week. Seriously. Ford was supposed to have their techs working with my dealer but that didn’t happen. I saw your fix and told them about it. They said no guarantees that it will fix it but they will try it. after looking it up they said oh your VIN does fall under this. It worked! Brakes do feel different in a good way and 3 weeks after no issues so far. Overall not a great experience but I still love it enough to keep (until next issue).
Awesome!! I'm glad it was helpful!

Jroy424

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spoke too soon after several glorious weeks of driving without any issue, I started it up this morning and all the errors came up again. Only difference this time was NO brake pressure at all. Given the crappy service by both Ford and my dealer, I am looking into lemon laws for my state and will go back to Jeep. It’s a shame I love my Bronco but can’t drive it now and don’t trust it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I spoke too soon after several glorious weeks of driving without any issue, I started it up this morning and all the errors came up again. Only difference this time was NO brake pressure at all. Given the crappy service by both Ford and my dealer, I am looking into lemon laws for my state and will go back to Jeep. It’s a shame I love my Bronco but can’t drive it now and don’t trust it.
Well shit. That's really unfortunate to hear. I haven't had any recurrence since they reprogrammed it, but it took me weeks before I felt I could trust it again so I totally understand your predicament. Best of luck with whatever happens.

Jroy424

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well shit. That's really unfortunate to hear. I haven't had any recurrence since they reprogrammed it, but it took me weeks before I felt I could trust it again so I totally understand your predicament. Best of luck with whatever happens.
Long over due update. I finally had a good dealer experience and they worked with Ford tech to figure out it was a bad brake booster. They replaced that and did the lines for good measure. It’s been driving great since, but still don’t 100% trust it just yet.

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Long over due update. I finally had a good dealer experience and they worked with Ford tech to figure out it was a bad brake booster. They replaced that and did the lines for good measure. It’s been driving great since, but still don’t 100% trust it just yet.
Good to hear! Hopefully that takes care of it for good
Sponsored