Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Just had my check brake system warning pop back up today while the Bronco was idling. I had this happen last December. Weird it took so long to reoccur.
Sponsored

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had my check brake system warning pop on driving on the expressway. I was able to brake and didn’t notice anything different. Turned the car off and back on and the warning light was gone, back on the expressway, and it came on again, but brakes work. I notice sometimes when starting the truck I have my foot on the brake, but it won't start and I need to press firmer on the pedal, I wonder if there's any correlation. Guess I need a service appointment

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the general thought a vacuum sensor for this issue? It's happened three times now. The first two, was after I turned the Bronco on, while being parked on a hill/incline. Turning the vehicle off and back on has corrected it.
It happened again today, while I was waiting to pull out of a parking lot. Since I was actually in my hometown this time, I drove straight to my dealer. They couldn't look at it today, so I got an appointment for Monday. I'm just worried if the light isn't on, the computer isn't going to throw any codes when they get around to looking at it.
I have a 2023 with the 2.7L

@Ford Motor Company

FA7E9C4A-0F30-474A-8CE7-7D92F0959EF5.jpeg

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the Check Brake System warning light is back. Took to the dealership today and they said an engineer from @Ford Motor Company will have to come take a look at it. Stay tuned.

D2CB1611-17C7-429D-A37A-BE763EC8AC6D.jpeg

What was the verdict on this for you?

JLEE8008

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is the notes from the repair I had done in March with Ford and the local dealership, so far the Check Brake System light has not come back on. Hopefully this is the fix for the rest of y'all as well!
Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System Bronco fix notes.JPG

Sponsored

FETTBRONCO

Big Bend
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there, Alex – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
I'm having the same issue. After 5 to 10 minutes of driving I get a check brake system warning. The brake light comes on and stays on. This has been happening every day for 2 months now. I'd really like to get this fixed

cheatham25

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My daughter just got this same warning but her brakes locked up and wouldn't let her drive then she got a message to Check 4x4 system. She turned the car off and on and everything was fine. Have any of you experienced this lockup?

PeterMarinis

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr base manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is the notes from the repair I had done in March with Ford and the local dealership, so far the Check Brake System light has not come back on. Hopefully this is the fix for the rest of y'all as well!

bronco-fix-notes-jpg.jpg

PeterMarinis

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr base manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Check Brake System light constantly coming on after 13,300 miles on my 2023 2 dr manual base. The brake fluid was a little low but I keep getting the light even after refilling fluid. I couldn't find any leaks. Any recommendations appreciated.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Check Brake System light constantly coming on after 13,300 miles on my 2023 2 dr manual base. The brake fluid was a little low but I keep getting the light even after refilling fluid. I couldn't find any leaks. Any recommendations appreciated.
Hi Peter! I can look into your bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

PeterMarinis

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr base manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Peter! I can look into your bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

PeterMarinis

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr base manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Koeppel Ford @ 57-01 Northern Blvd., Jackson Heights, NY 11377
VIN: 1FMDE5AH4PLA82419

dphan

Big Bend
First Name
David Phan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys. I'm having the same issue. The light came on and I couldn't start my car the first time since I couldn't depress the brakes, but then it went away. The second time I was driving down a mountain and the dam light came on. Scary as fudge, since I had my whole family in the car. I took my car to Sunrise Ford and they swapped a sensor and reset the code. Drove it to school and light came on again on the freeway. I pulled over again. I drove it back to the dealer only an hour after leaving. @Ford Motor Company this is scary. My wife and my kids were in the car with me. Also, the dealers did a stupid sensor swap, that didn't fix the issue. My car has been at the dealer for about 2 weeks now. What's going on?

Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System IMG_1102

KMalave

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SSM 51201 2021-2022 Bronco - 2.3L - Intermittent Illuminated Brake Warning Lamp With DTC P050F In The ABS Module
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with the 2.3L engine may exhibit a red brake warning lamp and brake system warning message in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) with a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P050F in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) module. This may be accompanied by an intermittent firm brake pedal after driving for long periods at highway speeds. This may be due to improper sealing of an internal diaphragm within a brake booster vacuum line. To correct this condition, replace the vehicle's vacuum line with the latest version service part number MB3Z-2420-H or later. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09 for installation instructions. For claiming, use casual part 2420.
Is this covered under warranty? My local mechanic and i changed the pads and routers. Will this void a certain warranty? This seems to be the exact issue i am currently going through.
Sponsored