First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had the exact same problem as the OP. Got the "overheated" warning and then got the "Service Required" warning. I took it to Ford for service and they cleared all the error codes and couldn't find anything wrong.

I just got home and noticed the tech wrote on the invoice "highly suspect vehicle being driven with parking brake on causing overheating issue" :rolleyes: Give me a break. I've been driving for 35 years, probably longer than the technician has been alive, and I know how to drive, and I would know (within 3 seconds) if I was attempting to drive with the brake on.
This does not make sense. The parking brake disengages as soon as you start driving. Essentially acting as "hill start assist". I do this all the time. Although I don't know what happens when you pull parking brake button while diving...
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I believe that you have to pull and hold the handle up for the parking brake to engage while driving (aka emergency brake).

I'd be curious to ask that tech how he thinks you could have possibly turned the parking brake on since it turns itself off, and requires special methods to turn it on while driving.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old thread but I just had this happen on my manual 2-door. Have been using the parking brake when out of gear but now the parking brake won't set. I have a call in with the dealership but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm at about 10,7XX miles now.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of another fix?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the Off-Rodeo, they drill into you that you should apply the foot brake, shift into Neutral, apply the parking brake, then release and hover your foot over the break, then shift into Park. While this makes sense with the parking brake pawl, I did this for two days and went back to Brake then 'P'. Too many steps otherwise.
They did the same at the NH off rodeo. They said unless you get the bronco that the switch is gone😂. Apparently someone ripped one out the week before.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update- haven't heard back from the dealership yet but the parking brake overheat warning went away by the time I got home yesterday and I was able to set my parking brake again. Hope it doesn't come up. No idea why it would give me an overheat warning besides a sensor going back.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Old thread but I just had this happen on my manual 2-door. Have been using the parking brake when out of gear but now the parking brake won't set. I have a call in with the dealership but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm at about 10,7XX miles now.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of another fix?
Good afternoon! Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info? I would like to assist with your parking brake concern.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got my warning today, while driving down the road, and the park brake definitely wasn't on. When I got home I tried setting the brake. I could hear the solenoid noise like normal and feel the brake pedal depress, but the brake light continued to flash instead of a steady light.
🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my warning today, while driving down the road, and the park brake definitely wasn't on. When I got home I tried setting the brake. I could hear the solenoid noise like normal and feel the brake pedal depress, but the brake light continued to flash instead of a steady light.
🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Hi there. This parking brake concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ford Motor Company this just happened to mine today for the first time. E brake currently doesnt work. Called my dealership and of course the service dept doesnt pick up their phone...
Sponsored