leervd

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, on my way home from work today I had a warning light pop on saying check brake system. The brakes seemed fine and I got home just fine. The only thing I did notice was the pedal being firm when I started the car. Is this something that needs to be checked out asap?
I have read some other threads and I am thinking it is the SSM 50314 issue but I am no expert. Any advice would be great @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same problems here. A few times so far. Hit the parking break and it resets.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, on my way home from work today I had a warning light pop on saying check brake system. The brakes seemed fine and I got home just fine. The only thing I did notice was the pedal being firm when I started the car. Is this something that needs to be checked out asap?
I have read some other threads and I am thinking it is the SSM 50314 issue but I am no expert. Any advice would be great @Ford Motor Company
Did you at least visually inspect the break system then take a brake and disconnect the vacuum line to inspect?

Could flush the vacuum line easily with compressed air or a fluid bath via the Oklahoma credit card.

@HotdogThud did your break reveal any brake problems and can you provide insight?

OP
OP
leervd

leervd

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same problems here. A few times so far. Hit the parking break and it resets.
How long has yours been doing it?

Did you at least visually inspect the break system then take a brake and disconnect the vacuum line to inspect?

Could flush the vacuum line easily with compressed air or a fluid bath via the Oklahoma credit card.

@HotdogThud did your break reveal any brake problems and can you provide insight?
Ngl I am not the most mechanically inclined. The only thing I did was check the brake master cylinder.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How long has yours been doing it?

Ngl I am not the most mechanically inclined. The only thing I did was check the brake master cylinder.
You can check the resistance at the sensor with a multimeter. Although in this day and age such home diagnostics are anathema to modern car ownership.

Just take it to the dealership, it's a minor issue they can diagnose/resolve. You'll be safe to drive it but try to avoid threshold braking. That's usually accomplished by extending your field of vision when driving, also something that's anathema to modern drivers, ironically.

Great educational article on driving vision:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...king-ahead-on-the-freeway-and-its-not-enough/

But as it applies here:
"It's a hobby of mine to estimate the average driver's "low eye" by watching when their brake lights go on for a police cruiser in the freeway median. Rarely do I see anybody touch their brakes more than 50 feet before they pass a cop. That corresponds well with what I see from novice trackday drivers, and it leads me to state confidently that whatever is happening more than 50 feet ahead of the typical motorist might as well be happening in the thickest of London fog. So just look more than 50 feet ahead, and you'll be amazed at the results."

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this brake light concern. Thanks!

Patriot

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco 2021 jeep gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this has happened to me where the check brake system warning light comes on and brake light is on!! Once i turn bronco off and start again its gone, once i start driving over 20 mph the warning light comes on again. It started Wednesday called dealer on Thursday cant get in till Tuesday!! The what sounded like a very young female service advisor didnt seem concerned at all! It seems this is a thing with the new bronco from the few forums im on!! I hope its nothing major

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just had this happen yesterday, any info on a fix?

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this brake light concern. Thanks!
Just had this happen yesterday, any info on a fix?

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Brake warning light 00EC9B30-CA67-4E90-9DA9-EA29D69876EE

It happened again this afternoon driving home from work. It came on for about a minute then went away. Anyone else experiencing this?

1over137

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm experiencing this as well. It happened 20 minutes after I drove my Bronco off of the lot. For me, the warning light only comes on after driving at 60+ MPH for 15 minutes or so. Once it comes on, it stays on. It does not come on when driving around the city under highway speeds. Dealer is currently looking at it.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But as it applies here:
"It's a hobby of mine to estimate the average driver's "low eye" by watching when their brake lights go on for a police cruiser in the freeway median. Rarely do I see anybody touch their brakes more than 50 feet before they pass a cop. That corresponds well with what I see from novice trackday drivers, and it leads me to state confidently that whatever is happening more than 50 feet ahead of the typical motorist might as well be happening in the thickest of London fog. So just look more than 50 feet ahead, and you'll be amazed at the results."
But they are supremely attentive to what is going on with their phones...and they are killing people, more than drunk drivers.
This situation SUCKS.

Alana Young

Badlands
First Name
Alana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Brake warning light 00EC9B30-CA67-4E90-9DA9-EA29D69876EE

It happened again this afternoon driving home from work. It came on for about a minute then went away. Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m having the same issue, although mine is on immediately once I start the vehicle. I feel a click under the brake and when I switch into reverse the vehicle will not move— went up to 1300rpms— and nothing. Won’t move. I put into park and attempted to “unengage” the emergency brake (even though it wasn’t set) and it briefly removed the dash brake notification, but there was an awful popping sound. I have 98 miles on it and have had it less than 1 week. My dealership is going to squeeze me in, in 5 days to look at it. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored