KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you have any more issues with this? We just bought a 2022 2.3lbig bend bronco today and on our way less then 300 miles on it going down the highway at 75 with cruise control on as well the check brake system came on my husband said nothing appeared to be wrong but we drove to the closest dealer and now my brand new car is sitting at a dealer an hour from our house waiting for them to change the vacuum line which is what they claim is the issue. He said he had full brakes and nothing seemed like it was wrong as well.
I had the exact same thing happen to me as I was leaving the dealership with my brand new 500 mile Outerbanks. Same Vacuum line error. I went straight back to the dealer, they checked it and could only find the error codes. The light went off when I was sitting at the dealership (mad) for about an hour. I then left and said if it came back on, I would take it in to a dealer closer to my house (this dealer was 120 miles away). It came on again 20 minutes into the trip home. I used caution but the brakes were fine. The next morning the light was off. It stayed off for about 3 days and then came back on once when I was on the freeway. It went off again once I let it sit for about an hour while I was working at a job. It hasn't came on since. I would leave the dealer asap and disregard unless the problem becomes frequent. I think it is just a hose or sensor breaking in. Had my truck for about 3 weeks now and haven't had the light come back.
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the exact same thing happen to me as I was leaving the dealership with my brand new 500 mile Outerbanks. Same Vacuum line error. I went straight back to the dealer, they checked it and could only find the error codes. The light went off when I was sitting at the dealership (mad) for about an hour. I then left and said if it came back on, I would take it in to a dealer closer to my house (this dealer was 120 miles away). It came on again 20 minutes into the trip home. I used caution but the brakes were fine. The next morning the light was off. It stayed off for about 3 days and then came back on once when I was on the freeway. It went off again once I let it sit for about an hour while I was working at a job. It hasn't came on since. I would leave the dealer asap and disregard unless the problem becomes frequent. I think it is just a hose or sensor breaking in. Had my truck for about 3 weeks now and haven't had the light come back.
Well know documented problems with the 2.3’s vacuum assist brakes. These are carried over from the Ranger. Not only failure prone but also long stopping distances, poor modulation along with mushy pedal feel.

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you have any more issues with this? We just bought a 2022 2.3lbig bend bronco today and on our way less then 300 miles on it going down the highway at 75 with cruise control on as well the check brake system came on my husband said nothing appeared to be wrong but we drove to the closest dealer and now my brand new car is sitting at a dealer an hour from our house waiting for them to change the vacuum line which is what they claim is the issue. He said he had full brakes and nothing seemed like it was wrong as well.
I didn’t have another issue with it and the dealer found nothing wrong.

ahick2

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No other warning s but the one above. I have tried cycling parking brake and traction control. I was going 70+ on the freeway when it came on.
My new bronco just did this as well did you find a solution?

OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I let it cool down, restarted and never see it again. Dealership found nothing.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2022 outbanks and was doing 75 on cruise control and same thing:( now sitting on the side of the road to see if it goes away:(
Sponsored