First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2021 2-Door Wildtrak 2.7L that I took delivery of in November. I’ve got 4500 miles on it so far. I’ve had the random pre-collision alert warning here and there when there was no reason for it. Then 3 weeks ago I was pulling into a driveway and the pre-collision alert went off as soon as my front wheels went up the driveway and then I had no brakes. I proceeded to roll 30+ feet into the back of a parked car in the driveway. I was mashing the brake pedal as hard as I could and it didn’t even slow down a bit. Super scary as I had family standing just to the right of the parked car I hit. Immediately had the Bronco towed to the dealership and they’ve been investigating for the past 3 weeks. All I’ve heard is that certain modules aren’t communicating with each other and they’ve had another Bronco with issues with Hill Start assist module.
Sponsored

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you and everyone are okay - thanks for sharing and let us know what they find.

Any odd sounds, or feelings through the pedal, before this happened?

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shit.

Welcome to Bronco6G - we're glad to have you here even though the event that inspired it is terrifying.

I guess figuring out where the emergency brake is is high up in the list of delivery-day priorities, and then constantly programming my mind to think about toggling it in low speed crisis like this.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is not good. Keep us informed on what feedback you get from the dealer. Good idea to report to NHTSA.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess figuring out where the emergency brake is is high up in the list of delivery-day priorities, and then constantly programming my mind to think about toggling it in low speed crisis like this.
No a terrible idea

Deleted member 3063

really strange, I'd think there would be some brakes even if the battery was completely disconnected.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
really strange, I'd think there would be some brakes even if the battery was completely disconnected.
There should be. If brakes when to the floor, the master cylinder is bad, or bypassing somehow.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There isn't a traditional master cylinder. It's all electronic and has electric motors
I thought it had to have a mechanical connection to the master cylinder. Like how the steering wheel has to have a mechanical connection to the wheels.

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it had to have a mechanical connection to the master cylinder. Like how the steering wheel has to have a mechanical connection to the wheels.
That would make sense. This system hasn't really been figured out yet. I do know that the entire thing is one unit computers and all. If one thing goes bad it all has to be changed

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday with the doors off I was getting the whole dash failures on the display every time I started it. They go away if I shut off and restarted. Never appear on the second start. Just the first.
But what I did notice while I was pushing the brakes harder on start to see if that had anything to do with it, pedal physically dropped past half way point when I hit okay for brake failure (click then Dead drop). I shut it off and restarted it while still pressing hard. Upon start it pushed the pedal and me back up.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Always check your brake fluid level....

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 2-Door Wildtrak 2.7L that I took delivery of in November. I’ve got 4500 miles on it so far. I’ve had the random pre-collision alert warning here and there when there was no reason for it. Then 3 weeks ago I was pulling into a driveway and the pre-collision alert went off as soon as my front wheels went up the driveway and then I had no brakes. I proceeded to roll 30+ feet into the back of a parked car in the driveway. I was mashing the brake pedal as hard as I could and it didn’t even slow down a bit. Super scary as I had family standing just to the right of the parked car I hit. Immediately had the Bronco towed to the dealership and they’ve been investigating for the past 3 weeks. All I’ve heard is that certain modules aren’t communicating with each other and they’ve had another Bronco with issues with Hill Start assist module.
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored