Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you listen to the subwoofer before you stuffed the port? Curious about the difference in sound? I'm going to install the Kicker 200.4 amp next week and I'll have to disconnect the amp for the DSP calibration. Since I'll be back in there I was considering plugging up the port.
I did not. I took the recommendations of several members and just stuffed it. I'm not that great at telling the differences in tones and quality on a micro level. I went with the generally accepted set up. I love the sound now.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not. I took the recommendations of several members and just stuffed it. I'm not that great at telling the differences in tones and quality on a micro level. I went with the generally accepted set up. I love the sound now.
It's also consistent with Kicker's own doc on intended use of that unit.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't seem to find any information on a query I have. Would a B&O subwoofer/amp be plug and play with the 2023 harness+amp enable?

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed the Kicker Subwoofer and amp today. No need to fully remove the panel in my 2 door, just pulled it back enough to remove the enclosure and replace the dummy amp/woofer. Other than drilling holes to mount the woofer the whole project was plug and play. This was my first time using Forscan. I'm a Mac guy so I bought a $149 PC on Amazon and the cable. I followed the helpful tutorials on YouTube and made the change to enable the subwoofer. Nice to have bass in the Bronco.

Kicker amp with DSP will be my next project when available.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

tempImageBV04hw.jpg
Did you follow any guides for removing the panel or was it straight forward?

Sponsored

aapeters

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Factory Amp and Sub that came in my 23 id be willing to sell if interested. $150 Plus shipping and its yours. i went the tailgate mounted route, and mines was takin out and sitting in the garage.
Do you still have the amp and sub woofer? I’d like to purchase them if you do. Thx

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if Im just replacing the fake amp and sub with a fusion amp and real sub, do I need to remove a bunch of trim panels or just the speaker grate?

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if Im just replacing the fake amp and sub with a fusion amp and real sub, do I need to remove a bunch of trim panels or just the speaker grate?
You will need to remove much more than the speaker grate. There are a lot of YouTube videos on it. I will say I did the exact same thing replacing the speaker with with a 6.75 Kicker and it was plug and play. I also replaced the amp with the fusion amp, plug and play there too. WELL WORTH IT!

MrMChristian

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also have suffered getting Sub Delete on my '23 4 door with the factory speakers. From what I can see, there is now a dummy amp and speaker. Has anyone tried swapping out the dummy setup with a factory sub (amp/speaker) or the B&O sub (amp/speaker) bought used? I don't know the first thing about audio but I hope finding the amp & speaker together means I simply open the panel and swap it out? I assume all the plugs and cables are already there? I also assume the factory or B&O will work? Anyways, has anyone tried this as the simplest way to go from the dummy sub to a functioning one?

Sponsored

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have suffered getting Sub Delete on my '23 4 door with the factory speakers. From what I can see, there is now a dummy amp and speaker. Has anyone tried swapping out the dummy setup with a factory sub (amp/speaker) or the B&O sub (amp/speaker) bought used? I don't know the first thing about audio but I hope finding the amp & speaker together means I simply open the panel and swap it out? I assume all the plugs and cables are already there? I also assume the factory or B&O will work? Anyways, has anyone tried this as the simplest way to go from the dummy sub to a functioning one?
From reading the 63 page thread about the sub delete in the Ordering forum and all the options to replace the B&O is not a plug n play because of the extra DSP module that runs the complete system. The easiest way is to buy the Fusion amp from Teamequip and the 6.75” Kicker 4ohm sub then reprogram with Forscan. I think you’ll come in under the $250 credit you got from Ford if you do the install yourself. I had read some were able to find complete takeouts but not sure how many were made so availability may be limited but those would be the easiest plug n play with only having to make changes in Forscan.

Last edited:

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
From reading the 63 page thread about the sub delete in the Ordering forum and all the options to replace the B&O is not a plug n play because of the extra DSP module that runs the complete system. The easiest way is to buy the Fusion amp from Teamequip and the 6.75” Kicker 4ohm sub then reprogram with Forscan. I think you’ll come in under the $250 credit you got from Ford if you do the install yourself. I had read some were able to find complete takeouts but not sure how many were made so availability may be limited but those would be the easiest plug n play with only having to make changes in Forscan.
4ohm? I was under the impression everyone was using the 2ohm? I just ordered the fusion amp and 2 ohm sub. I wonder if it will be an issue

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@graham5david they were buying the 2ohm at first but some were complaining about the sound quality so the consensus was to go 4ohm for quality but lose a little loudness.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is everything pre-wired and already there on a 23 base with the sub delete? I ordered the 8" kicker and key kicker amp. I'm hoping it is plug and play also.

Last edited:

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to add my 2 cents here. But I need some clarification. I’m assuming sometime after MY22-23 they gave people a fake sub enclosure rather than just leaving it out?
if that’s the case I wish I had one of those. I had to make my own out of mdf.

Which leads me to another point. Not to insult anyone’s intelligence here if you’re gonna add a new su bc to that box ensure that you meet the cu-ft minimum. If you can’t, stuff it. But if you can don’t stuff it. Don’t ask me the magic behind it just know once you meet that magic number anything you add hurts more than helps.
Sponsored